Sexual Sin

meshak

BANNED
Banned
will you say the same thing when our society continues on its path towards societal acceptance of pedophilia?

It is society's responsibility to determine what kind of punishment is appropriate.

If professed Christian transsgress God's law, Jesus will handle it, even if they get away from the police.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
are you a member of society?

Why do you ask this question?

I don't get involved with politics.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

I pay tax so I am doing my duty as member of the society, but I don't get involved with politics.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I am a member of this society - i live in it, i influence young minds, i deal with the public of all ages, my family exists in it - we drive on public roads, we use public utilities, we eat in public restaurants, we use public health care facilities, etc

we vote

and we vote with our consciences informed by Godly morality

and every year, those who scorn Godly morality gain more and more ground

ok doser

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

i've seen you use this verse before - tell me meshak - when my boys were young and we were active in scouting, when i was a scout leader and a teacher in my local public schools, how should i have applied that verse to myself?

how do you apply that verse to yourself?

obviously, you bend it enough to interact with the world on the internet :think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. I don't dwell on it. It is Jesus' job to determine.

Okay. Because God's Law says they should be dead. But some people believe that we do not live according to the Law any more.

I wonder if the Law is for certain things or if those who keep the Law do not need the Law. Then what are they keeping? In other words, a righteous person is not condemned by the Law for he either already lives in obedience to it or it doesn't call him out on any sin.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Okay. Because God's Law says they should be dead. But some people believe that we do not live according to the Law any more.

I wonder if the Law is for certain things or if those who keep the Law do not need the Law. Then what are they keeping? In other words, a righteous person is not condemned by the Law for he either already lives in obedience to it or it doesn't call him out on any sin.

It is crime to molest children or even raping the adult. They should be reported to the police.

It is sin for professed believers to have same sex relationship. But it is not for secular law.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
i've seen you use this verse before - tell me meshak - when my boys were young and we were active in scouting, when i was a scout leader and a teacher in my local public schools, how should i have applied that verse to myself?

how do you apply that verse to yourself?

obviously, you bend it enough to interact with the world on the internet :think:

I am in internet for my duty for my Lord.

I thought the church organize the boy scout and girl scout. Then you can teach them God's law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is crime to molest children
Yes.
or even raping the adult.
Yes.
They should be reported to the police.
Yes. Some may feel to keep it in the family. Or to seek counseling or support from their church.
It is sin for professed believers to have same sex relationship.
Yes.
But it is not for secular law.
It is sin for non-believers too. But secular law may not reflect everything that we see in God's Law. However, I do believe that it is even against secular law or can be.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Some may feel to keep it in the family. Or to seek counseling or support from their church.

Yes.

It is sin for non-believers too. But secular law may not reflect everything that we see in God's Law. However, I do believe that it is even against secular law or can be.

You cannot push God's law to the world.

We are not the judge of the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I introduce them Jesus' teachings: how noble and wonderful way to live.

That is probably a good approach.

I guess I don't want to judge but I want people to understand what sin is according to God's Word with His Law. If a person thinks they are a good person then with the law they can see that they have sinned. Then it is time to repent, like is part of the gospel message in the New Testament Scriptures.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
.I guess I don't want to judge but I want people to understand what sin is according to God's Word with His Law. If a person thinks they are a good person then with the law they can see that they have sinned. Then it is time to repent, like is part of the gospel message in the New Testament Scriptures.

We should not push our own understanding of Jesus' teachings.

Let Him do that which is in the NT.

Truster

That is probably a good approach.

I guess I don't want to judge but I want people to understand what sin is according to God's Word with His Law. If a person thinks they are a good person then with the law they can see that they have sinned. Then it is time to repent, like is part of the gospel message in the New Testament Scriptures.

The law shows a man that he cannot keep the law perfectly in intention, thought, word and deed. It matters not how hard the man works his conscience will always accuse him.

ok doser

It is crime to molest children or even raping the adult.

We have no business pushing God's law to the world.

God's Law says Thou Shalt Not Murder
God's Law says Thou Shalt Not Lie
God's Law says Thou Shalt Not Steal

you seem comfortable "pushing" these laws to the world, along with laws about child molestation and rape

We are not the judge of the world.

You're not comfortable judging the actions of the rapist, the murderer, the thief, the child molester as wrong?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You're not comfortable judging the actions of the rapist, the murderer, the thief, the child molester as wrong?
So you want me to stone the molester?

I should sentence molesters to death?

You guys are strange.

sheesh.