Sermons should be about obedience !

marhig

My God has seen Christ being obedient for me, and He is well pleased, It made me Righteous! Rom 5:19
If you can't see from reading the Bible that when we follow Christ that we are to obey God and and do his will, then there something very flawed in your churches teachings. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only, or don't you believe that either?

beloved57

The obedience of Christ has to be within me, through the indwelling holy spirit, he changes our hearts to be more like Christs and I can't do anything without him. I would be sinning away if I'd never known God and I would never have realised that I am a sinner. But I'm blessed to know God and I know through the spirit that I'm to obey God and do his will and turn from sin!

Any church that doesn't teach that we are to turn from sin, is a false church!

The obedience of my Christ had nothing to do with being in me. His obedience alone made me righteous. Nothing in me. The law was in His heart.Ps 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

marhig

The obedience of my Christ had nothing to do with being in me. His obedience alone made me righteous. Nothing in me. The law was in His heart.Ps 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

And God writes his laws within our hearts and within our minds. So we should be doing his will and delight in doing so, if we truly belong to Christ!

beloved57

If you can't see from reading the Bible that when we follow Christ that we are to obey God and and do his will, then there something very flawed in your churches teachings. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only, or don't you believe that either?

You are here to boast about yourself. Those Christ died for are made righteous, doers of the law. Do you know what it means to be made righteous? Look the word righteous up and get back with me.

beloved57

And God writes his laws within our hearts and within our minds. So we should be doing his will and delight in doing so, if we truly belong to Christ!

The Spirit points God's people to Christ, on what He did for His People. But you want to boast about what you do,not what Christ did for His People.

marhig

You are here to boast about yourself. Those Christ died for are made righteous, doers of the law. Do you know what it means to be made righteous? Look the word righteous up and get back with me.
Do you obey God? Do you listen to your conscience? Do you turn from sin when you know it's wrong before God to do things? Or do you just go ahead and do it anyway because Christ has done all the obedience for you?

Can you not see that if Christ is within our hearts then we will obey God and turn from sin. If were not doing this, then we don't have the spirit, and if we do still have the spirit then we won't have him very long! God and sin don't mix, if we have the holy spirit within, then we should be overcoming sin. Don't you believe that?

Boast about myself? There's nothing to do with me to boast about!

beloved57

Do you obey God? Do you listen to your conscience? Do you turn from sin when you know it's wrong before God to do things? Or do you just go ahead and do it anyway because Christ has done all the obedience for you?

Can you not see that if Christ is within our hearts then we will obey God and turn from sin. If were not doing this, then we don't have the spirit, and if we do still have the spirit then we won't have him very long! God and sin don't mix, if we have the holy spirit within, then we should be overcoming sin. Don't you believe that?

Boast about myself? There's nothing to do with me to boast about!

You want to boast about yourself, what you do, what Christ did alone for His People isn't good enough for you. But its just perfect with God. It clothes us in Righteousness. You seek your own righteousness.

marhig

You want to boast about yourself, what you do, what Christ did alone for His People isn't good enough for you. But its just perfect with God. It clothes us in Righteousness. You seek your own righteousness.
You didn't answer me? i insulting me won't work, I don't care what you say about me. I know that I'm nothing without God. And you don't know me or my life, but judge me if you feel the need to do so.

So what about my questions?

beloved57

You didn't answer me? i insulting me won't work, I don't care what you say about me. I know that I'm nothing without God. And you don't know me or my life, but judge me if you feel the need to do so.

So what about my questions?

I'm not insulting you, im setting forth Christ, you don't want to hear it. You worried about what I do, or boasting about what you do. Why you asking me questions about me. Ask me what Christ did.You don't want to discuss that though.

clefty

That is not necessary. That shows a lack of Faith and trust in what Christ did. If you believe that Christ has fulfilled the law in all of it's precepts for you, why not rest in that and be thankful?

I do rest...on the Sabbath and remain thankful

Funny thing is...when I died to myself I died to my desires to do what man instituted for me...and now the Spirit in me compels me to live AS He did...I want to try and keep the Law...not to be saved but because He made it available to me...

Living a Spirit filled life produces fruit more similar to Him...not less

beloved57

I do rest...on the Sabbath and remain thankful

Funny thing is...when I died to myself I died to my desires to do what man instituted for me...and now the Spirit in me compels me to live AS He did...I want to try and keep the Law...

Living a Spirit filled life produces fruit more similar to Him...not less

When Christ lived the law for me, and made me Righteous Rom 5:19, I do live the way He did as by a free gift.

marhig

I'm not insulting you, im setting forth Christ, you don't want to hear it. You worried about what I do, or boasting about what you do. Why you asking me questions about me. Ask me what Christ did.You don't want to discuss that though.
I'm trying to find out what you believe and what your church teaches? So I'm wondering do you believe that you have to obey God and do his will? Do you listen to your conscience, or do you carry on sinning regardless because Jesus has done all the obeying for you?

Why can't you answer, they are simple questions?

By the way, I liked your post by accident and I can't unlike it on Tapatalk!

Also, I know what Christ did, he came to bare witness to the truth and he is the way, the truth and the life. And without him we wouldn't know God and we would have no hope. And without the holy spirit within, we are still dead in our sins.

marhig

When Christ lived the law for me, and made me Righteous Rom 5:19, I do live the way He did as by a free gift.
So you do obey God and you do turn from sin and do his will then?

And there's a very big price to pay, we pay with our lives, we die to self and become living sacrifices living to do the will of God and not the flesh all through Jesus Christ and we are led by the holy spirit of God.

beloved57

So you do obey God and you do turn from sin and do his will then?

And there's a very big price to pay, we pay with our lives, we die to self and become living sacrifices living to do the will of God and not the flesh all through Jesus Christ and we are led by the holy spirit of God.

Im not here to discuss me, but what Christ did. Are you interested?

Nanja

That's not why my Jesus Christ came for. He came to die, to be obedient unto death.

Yes Brother, Our Jesus Christ came to Save His People Mat. 1:21, His Body chosen in Union with Him Eph. 1:4-7, from their sins.

Phil. 2:8
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death [Rom. 5:19], even the death of the cross.

~~~

turbosixx

Well Jesus is Righteous, and His Righteous obedience is given to His Sheep. Can't get no more Righteous obedience than that.

I agree, we are only saved because of Jesus. We cannot do anything to earn it ourselves. In your understanding, what determines who are sheep and who are goats?

marhig

Im not here to discuss me, but what Christ did. Are you interested?
I've got a Bible thanks, I know what Christ did and I know what Christ is still doing.

I'm only asking about your beliefs, well not even your beliefs but what your church teaches? And whether they teach that you are to obey God and turn from sin, or whether they teach that Jesus had done the obeying for you and you don't have to do anything and just live your own life?

I'm just wondering what you're taught in your church. You can ask me anything and I'll answer. I'm not ashamed of what I'm taught and i believe that it's the truth so I'll openly say. If you believe it's the truth, why won't you say what you believe or what you're church believes?