Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It seems to me that the 'multiple-choice/OSAS and it's opposite' format view/s comes from a misunderstanding of the progression to Christ: from that of those who first call upon the Lord (Joel 2:32 (an OT book, btw) being saved, all the way to those who have known/met/know the Lord (John 17:3), by having had Jesus manifest Himself (John 14:21) to that individual.

There are many degrees of salvation and those within each degree are saved, but the youngest in the Lord cannot see what the mature do. Those who have not yet been born of the Spirit (John 3:8) do not yet have the same view/s as those who do move as the wind... may even call them heretical and not a Christian.

There are a lot of steps/stages, a progression, from first asking the Lord into one's life to the top of that hill on Golgotha, and beyond.

That misunderstanding, is, I believe, the reason for the existence of threads such as this one.

I'm at full grown level.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth be told......

truth be told......

Anyone debating with g light deserves to be lost because it's obvious she is a child of the evil one.

Knowledge is preferable over ignorance.

What one deserves can be something one has earned, - usually intellectual honesty, sincere research, and spiritual intelligence earns one true learning. I'd focus on that kind of 'deserving', the positive aspect.

Freelight is not female,...see his profile. The ignorance around here is sometimes stifling. And no.....hes not a child of 'satan'(or some boogeyman you're imagining)....he's a child of God like every other soul born of God.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
reality includes all that actually exists fundamentally so

reality includes all that actually exists fundamentally so

And man made delusions of the mind (which you walk in) cannot be confused with knowledge. These delusions are in themselves ignorance.

Universal laws/principles, the ancient wisdom (theosophy) are not man made delusions but revealed and proved in nature while aspects of various religious beliefs and traditions may indeed be man made constructs. I spoke directly of the antics and the ignorance of a particular poster to keep things in perspective. If you're defending him, thats somewhat telling. If you're open to research and reconsider all that you believe to be true, that would be more commendable.

pj

journey

Universal laws/principles, the ancient wisdom (theosophy) are not man made delusions but revealed and proved in nature while aspects of various religious beliefs and traditions may indeed be man made constructs. I spoke directly of the antics and the ignorance of a particular poster to keep things in perspective. If you're defending him, thats somewhat telling. If you're open to research and reconsider all that you believe to be true, that would be more commendable.

pj

Very few people are willing to spend their time in studying BALONEY. Most of us have better things to do with our time.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
hot dogs in paradise......

hot dogs in paradise......

Very few people are willing to spend their time in studying BALONEY. Most of us have better things to do with our time.

Calling the Perennial Philosophy, Ancient Wisdom or Theosophy 'Baloney' just shows you haven't an understanding or right concept of what such is. But like most of your critiques, this is the usual M.O. I suggest learning for starters, then you can intelligently and coherently explain, prove and justify your 'criticism', provide some evidence for your 'claim'. Otherwise, just about everything is 'baloney' in your book if it doesn't fit your little theological formula, dogma, creed or 'belief-system'.

Since you appear to be lauding the fact that you don't have time to study anything but your own preferred book or religious tradition, that definitely limits your span or scope of universal knowledge.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calling the Perennial Philosophy, Ancient Wisdom or Theosophy 'Baloney' just shows you haven't an understanding or right concept of what such is. But like most of your critiques, this is the usual M.O. I suggest learning for starters, then you can intelligently and coherently explain, prove and justify your 'criticism', provide some evidence for your 'claim'. Otherwise, just about everything is 'baloney' in your book if it doesn't fit your little theological formula, dogma, creed or 'belief-system'.

Since you appear to be lauding the fact that you don't have time to study anything but your own preferred book or religious tradition, that definitely limits your span or scope of universal knowledge.

pj

:dead::hammer::aimiel:

journey

pj

You don't get it - I'm not interested in studying the BALONEY that you study. I don't need to study false religions to know that they are FALSE and BALONEY. I could care less about your so-called universal knowledge. Studying that GARBAGE is your problem - not mine.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Those who continually attack....do so from a false religious ego-assumption.....

Those who continually attack....do so from a false religious ego-assumption.....

You don't get it - I'm not interested in studying the BALONEY that you study. I don't need to study false religions to know that they are FALSE and BALONEY. I could care less about your so-called universal knowledge. Studying that GARBAGE is your problem - not mine.

My former post and proposition stands. No one is asking you to get an education on other schools of thought, although such would be naturally advantageous if you wanted to discuss or debate with another knowledgable in other schools or philosophies, but you're not interested in 'learning' anything beyond the belief-system you currently hold to, so there is really no 'learning' available to you, since you assume you know truth in totality already, which is nothing but a 'leap of faith',... a misguided one at that.

You continually condemn other points of view or beliefs as 'false' or 'baloney',...at every turn,...and that gets rather tedious. Its the same ole song with you. Rigid dogma cramping the mind. It can only be the sign of a discontented, prideful or insecure mentality to continually be 'trashing' any belief or school of thought that is not a reproduction of your own concept. Truth or reality stands on its own, it really needs no defense, no apology either.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
tar and feathers............

tar and feathers............

when can we start lighting the fires?

A few here have wet wicks,....so wont fire up so easily, while others are total flamers :flamer:

no one expects the TOL inquisition...

It depends on your 'bias' of course. A true 'heretic' is one who dares to have the fortitude to choose for himself regarding any religious idea, concept or principle. It takes courage to be a true heretic,...not so much to merely follow the masses.

please define "works"

In a context of "faith without works is dead",...'works' represent ACTION. Faith must be demonstrated to prove its dynamic.

pj

journey

My former post and proposition stands. No one is asking you to get an education on other schools of thought, although such would be naturally advantageous if you wanted to discuss or debate with another knowledgable in other schools or philosophies, but you're not interested in 'learning' anything beyond the belief-system you currently hold to, so there is really no 'learning' available to you, since you assume you know truth in totality already, which is nothing but a 'leap of faith',... a misguided one at that.

You continually condemn other points of view or beliefs as 'false' or 'baloney',...at every turn,...and that gets rather tedious. Its the same ole song with you. Rigid dogma cramping the mind. It can only be the sign of a discontented, prideful or insecure mentality to continually be 'trashing' any belief or school of thought that is not a reproduction of your own concept. Truth or reality stands on its own, it really needs no defense, no apology either.

pj

"BALONEY" is a kind term when used to describe the urantia UFO cult garbage. I believe in the principle of "garbage in - garbage out", so I don't consume garbage. You obviously do, and that's your problem.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Leave oscar meyer behind, and really go on a journey.....

Leave oscar meyer behind, and really go on a journey.....

"BALONEY" is a kind term when used to describe the urantia UFO cult garbage. I believe in the principle of "garbage in - garbage out", so I don't consume garbage. You obviously do, and that's your problem.

You've been corrected many times about your false assumption of identifying the UB with UFOs or as a cult. It is neither, but a collection of papers compiled in book form. You are an ignoramous in this case, since you refuse to be corrected with facts, and only have presumptions which are distorted by bias and ignorance. That's the 'truth-pill' your hard-head cant swallow.

Any reference to 'garbage' originates from your own mind, its source. That's telling in itself.

Truth stands by itself, it doesn't need a human mouthpiece that is demeaning and degrading. That you continually vilify a book you haven't read or educated yourself about disqualifies you on those grounds.

Furthermore...on my contributions on TOL over the years,...the UB is only one subject of interest of curiosity that has been engaged,...I've had many other threads, and engaged many other threads on other subjects,...as my universality in general, and periodic interest in certain particulars is recognized by those familiar with my studies. I'm not a 'one-trick' pony in the area of theology.

This thread has me listed as a 'universalist/spiritualist',....which touches on a core-concept in general, although 'gnostic', 'neo-pagan', 'panentheist', 'theosophist', 'perennialist' could also be added in. The 'list' here is a mere human creation by one individual, assuming a particular doctrinal slant within the broader context of Christianity. There is probably little consequence of one being on or off such a list, beyond the entertainment value or interesting discussion it could afford. I'm sure Satan at least finds it amusing.

I'd additionally put some real 'thought' into engaging what your forum-name encourages,....embarking on a real spiritual adventure, or 'journey'. With your mind in a prison of dogma or presupposition, this may actually 'retard' your 'journey'. Minds are like parachutes, they only work when "open" ;)

pj