Sarah Palin endorses Trump

Granite

Hall of Fame
You're the one claiming dumb people can get into Ivy League Schools.

Sure they can. Unless you're so star-struck and slavish to believe an Ivy League education is a failsafe indicator of smarts. It ain't. Again, on this subject you seem either very naive, or very silly.

I pointed out that they can't, but black people can get in based on the color of their skin.

And you're wrong. It happens.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure they can. Unless you're so star-struck and slavish to believe an Ivy League education is a failsafe indicator of smarts.

That means you are claiming a dumb person can score very high on the SAT's and graduate high school with a very high GPA?

Do you think Obama is dumb? He went to Columbia and Harvard Law.

Or, do you just think that all Democrats who go to Ivy League schools are smart, but Republicans who go to Ivy League schools are dumb?

Granite

Hall of Fame
That means you are claiming a dumb person can score very high on the SAT's and graduate high school with a very high GPA?

Do you think Obama is dumb? He went to Columbia and Harvard Law.

Or, do you just think that all Democrats who go to Ivy League schools are smart, but Republicans who go to Ivy League schools are dumb?

Let's just clear up whatever your infatuation is with higher education, based as it might be on the money you're sinking into it:

Are all people who get an Ivy League education smart?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are all people who get an Ivy League education smart?

It's my opinion that you have to be above average to get into an Ivy League school, and to graduate from one.

I don't see a "dumb person" being able to do it.

Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Loretta Lynch, Elena Kagan, Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, John Roberts, Barney Frank, and Janet Reno all graduated from Harvard Law School.

They all have been called "dumb" by those who disagree with them politically and ideologically.

None of them are dumb people, they're all incredibly smart people, way above average.

My point is that you can disagree with someone, but when you call them "dumb" when they have the credentials that show otherwise, you are just making yourself look foolish.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's my opinion that you have to be above average to get into an Ivy League school, and to graduate from one.

I don't see a "dumb person" being able to do it.

Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz, Loretta Lynch, Elena Kagan, Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, John Roberts, Barney Frank, and Janet Reno all graduated from Harvard Law School.

They all have been called "dumb" by those who disagree with them politically and ideologically.

None of them are dumb people, they're all incredibly smart people, way above average.

My point is that you can disagree with someone, but when you call them "dumb" when they have the credentials that show otherwise, you are just making yourself look foolish.

Book smarts doesn't keep anybody from good old fashion stupid. You're just being contrary at this point for its own sake.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Book smarts doesn't keep anybody from good old fashion stupid. You're just being contrary at this point for its own sake.

I am not sure how anyone could really argue with this point.

Husband&Father

Casi in point, George Will.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/19/g...party-candidate-if-trump-wins-gop-nomination/

Synopsis: "Better that either Leftist Dem be prez than Trump." Some said the same about Palin, and abandoned her. Trump may not be as vulnerable.

Will’s position is a principled position even if you think it is the wrong position.
What he is saying is that it is possible that neither major party nominates someone he can support. If that happens he will support someone more conservative than Trump.

My sensibilities are not offended by that.

Take this hypothetical example as a thought experiment.

What if back in ’08 Hillary saw that she was going to lose to Obama (she should have seen it earlier than she did) and somehow managed to quit the Democrat Party and run as a Republican.
George Will might say that:

“…If the GOP nominated Hillary Clinton he and other conservatives will likely defect and support a third party candidate”.

Would you blame him for jumping ship in that case? Would you support Hillary because she’s the Republican in the race and, though she is a liberal, is more conservative than Obama?

Sadly, many people would support her in a race against Obama as “the lesser of two evils”

A party can nominate a candidate that you can not stomach. For George Will that candidate is Trump. If he is nominated the Republican Party will fracture and may be destroyed. That does not bother the Trumpkins; for Trumpkins that is the point and that is the goal.

Last edited:

Husband&Father

While I'm not a big fan of George Will, at least America knows what they'll get with a "Leftist Dem" (liberal policies). Trump is a power hungry showman, he'll say anything to get elected.
Party loyalty can trump (pardon the pun) political ideology. Conservatives have been supporting the lesser of two evils for more than 30 years now. They’ve been holding their noses and telling themselves “you’ve got to vote for one of them and [fill in the blank] is better than [fill in the blank]. So now the United States is staring down at the prospect of having to, once again, vote for one of two evils and, a good portion of them have had enough.

I heard the Pastor of a small church in Denver remark:
“There is no bottom to that pit”

musterion

Will’s position is a principled position even if you think it is the wrong position.
What he is saying is that it is possible that neither major party nominates someone he can support. If that happens he will support someone more conservative than Trump.

And whenever frustrated rank-and-file Republicans would say that over the past several various elections, people like Will got testy and tried to whip everybody into line behind their chosen candidates else "You're just throwing your vote away!" or "You're going to guarantee the Democrat gets in!"

Strikes me as a hypocritical for him to be saying it now, and only because there may be an actual threat to the GOP establishment to which he owes his wealth.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
While I'm not a big fan of George Will, at least America knows what they'll get with a "Leftist Dem" (liberal policies). Trump is a power hungry showman, he'll say anything to get elected

Party loyalty can trump (pardon the pun) political ideology. Conservatives have been supporting the lesser of two evils for more than 30 years now. They’ve been holding their noses and telling themselves “you’ve got to vote for one of them and [fill in the blank] is better than [fill in the blank]. So now the United States is staring down at the prospect of having to, once again, vote for one of two evils and, a good portion of them have had enough.

I heard the Pastor of a small church in Denver remark:
“There is no bottom to that pit”

I had to hold my nose when I, like 10's of millions of other Americans, voted for Mitt Romney. I was indecisive pretty much up until a week or so before the election. Had it not been for the major pro life groups that backed Romney and numerous Christians (i.e. conservatives) that saw how evil (and I mean evil) Barack Hussein Obama is, I would have not voted for POTUS or gone 3rd Party.

That being said: If you believe that Ted Cruz is "evil", make your case and then send that information to all of these good people and organizations that are supporting him.

http://www.educationviews.org/overwhelming-list-ted-cruz-supporters/
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4592643&postcount=1475

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Topic of the day ?

Could be. Though, do you really believe Sarah is endorsing Trump because she sees him a great conservative leader?

IMO, Sarah is doing what she did before ... trying to put herself in a position for Vice President. With Donald's ego, she may very well get her wish.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Could be. Though, do you really believe Sarah is endorsing Trump because she sees him a great conservative leader?

IMO, Sarah is doing what she did before ... trying to put herself in a position for Vice President. With Donald's ego, she may very well get her wish.

Or just trying to get back into the news. She craves attention.