SALVATION: A Gift From God

eider

False teaching. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are rebellious enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Reconciliation is a Salvation Blessing. Its unconditional, it occurs while being enemies !
So that makes you a liar !

Do you like calling folks 'liar!' ??
A person who is wrong needs guidance, not insults, surely?

Anyway, now you've shown me just how far you have travelled towards love and understanding of others, I need to ask you a question....

the verse Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

By this verse, who can be saved? Can a pagan enemy automatically be saved?
Exactly who gets saved?

eider

Its implied in your post. You teach Salvation is conditioned on the sinner, something they must do, otherwise the Death of Christ doesn't save them !

Ah ha...... so...... can a Buddhist be saved by Christ, having done nothing..../
How about a Shi'ite Muslim...... can he be saved having done nothing about Christ?

eider

You deny that Salvation is the Gift of God since you believe sinners He died for are still lost !

So....... is a Druid Priest automatically saved by the gift of God, Salvation? That Druid can be an enemy of Christianity all his life, but go to Christian Salvation?

beloved57

Do you like calling folks 'liar!' ??
A person who is wrong needs guidance, not insults, surely?

Anyway, now you've shown me just how far you have travelled towards love and understanding of others, I need to ask you a question....

the verse Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

By this verse, who can be saved? Can a pagan enemy automatically be saved?
Exactly who gets saved?

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God His Death while they are enemies, and they shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10 ! That's my answer !

eider

1.Salvation is by Grace through the continual surrendering of our lives to Jesus.
2. I don't think that surrendering my life to Christ (faith) can earn Salvation , why do you think it can?

Please, what is the difference between the above sentences?
1. Salvation by Grace through continuious surrender...
2. Surrendering life to Christ does NOT earn Salvation.

These sentences look like a contradiction to each other.

And how does a simple man, a trademan or a sailor, attain salvation if this question is so complex?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Please, what is the difference between the above sentences?
1. Salvation by Grace through continuious surrender...
2. Surrendering life to Christ does NOT earn Salvation.

These sentences look like a contradiction to each other.

And how does a simple man, a trademan or a sailor, attain salvation if this question is so complex?

Salvation was earned and completed by Christ on the cross , emphasis on completed.

For anyone to think that anyone of our lives could fulfill what Christ did "for" us is ridiculous. He alone fulfilled the perfect life , the perfect sacrifice , making Grace available "to those who faithe" (pisteuo) into Him. We faithe into Him by a daily surrendering of our lives to Him . And pisteuo goes on to tell us that , "A life inspired by such surrender." So all the little decisions we make through out each day must be inspired by such surrender.

Salvation is by Grace through the continual surrendering of our lives to Christ and proving it by making decisions that support the fact that your life is no longer your own anymore , but His. None of this is capable to earn one second of Salvation , but is how we become "in Christ" in which that state does promise Salvation.

This is what the Scriptures teach , the Greek dictionary defines pisteuo as , and is the experience i've been having with Christ for 30 years.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well we both agree that Salvation is by Grace , (the completed work that Christ did on the cross) through faith.

The application of Faith is as per Vines Greek dictionary, "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Salvation is by Grace through the continual surrendering of our lives to Jesus. I see that as a response to the Grace He has provided to me. You see that as an act of works that is trying to earn Salvation.

I don't think that surrendering my life to Christ (faith) can earn Salvation , why do you think it can?

There is no saving merit in faith or in anything that we do. We are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing. The only thing that faith does is it makes what Jesus did for us ours.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There is no saving merit in faith or in anything that we do. We are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing. The only thing that faith does is it makes what Jesus did for us ours.

Well your disagreement isn't with me , it's with the Greek dictionary.

Because the English language didn't have the correct word to translate pisteuo doesn't mean the mistranslation you've built your understanding on is correct.

Pisteuo is "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender." period! It's used with that intent 248 times in the NT. The words believe, believer , and believing are misranslations. Pisteuo is the verb form of our word Faith the noun. We should have had the words faithe , faither , and faithing for them to translate pisteuo correctly . Now we have a huge stumbling block that the entire church world is willingly tripping over. I say willing , because if they build on the mitrnaslation , they don't have to surrender their lives to Christ. They can have their cake and eat it too. But mark my words , you build on those mistranslations , Christ will tell you he never knew you.

Robert Pate

Banned

Because the English language didn't have the correct word to translate pisteuo doesn't mean the mistranslation you've built your understanding on is correct.

Pisteuo is "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender." period! It's used with that intent 248 times in the NT. The words believe, believer , and believing are misranslations. Pisteuo is the verb form of our word Faith the noun. We should have had the words faithe , faither , and faithing for them to translate pisteuo correctly . Now we have a huge stumbling block that the entire church world is willingly tripping over. I say willing , because if they build on the mitrnaslation , they don't have to surrender their lives to Christ. They can have their cake and eat it too. But mark my words , you build on those mistranslations , Christ will tell you he never knew you.

Surrendering your life to Jesus is something that we do, it is a work. We are not saved or justified by the works that we do. We are saved and justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is the justifier, Romans 3:26.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that brings about good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

beloved57

Surrendering your life to Jesus is something that we do, it is a work. We are not saved or justified by the works that we do. We are saved and justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is the justifier, Romans 3:26.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that brings about good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God.

The pot calling the kettle black ! You teach that man is saved as a result of something he does !

eider

Pisteuo is "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender." period!

Ah ha! And so, a person who has surrendered to Him, and, because of this lives 'a true Christian's life'..... this can cause the granting of God's Grace, or could I say 'Favour'? Salvation?

Pisteuo is the verb form of our word Faith the noun. We should have had the words faithe , faither , and faithing for them to translate pisteuo correctly .

And so now I understand the reason for your forum name.

I have never heard any of this before.....

Robert Pate

Banned

There is nothing wrong with the words "believe" and "faith" they appear in the Bible hundreds of times.

The greatest honor that you can show someone is to believe and have faith in them.

Jesus wants us to believe and have faith in him. Surrendering your life to Christ is something that you do, not what Christ does. We are not saved by what we do. We are saved by what Christ has done.

Nanja

Jesus wants us to believe and have faith in him. Surrendering your life to Christ is something that you do, not what Christ does. We are not saved by what we do. We are saved by what Christ has done.

Those whom Christ Jesus died for were Saved before the World began.

They don't have to do anything.

Your own faith and surrendering is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:9, but by God's Grace alone!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Ah ha! And so, a person who has surrendered to Him, and, because of this lives 'a true Christian's life'..... this can cause the granting of God's Grace, or could I say 'Favour'? Salvation?

And so now I understand the reason for your forum name.

I have never heard any of this before.....

Are you interested in knowing more ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
There is nothing wrong with the words "believe" and "faith" they appear in the Bible hundreds of times.

The greatest honor that you can show someone is to believe and have faith in them.

Pisteuo is a verb , because they didn't have the word they needed to translate pisteuo correctly , they used a word that translates a verb. A verb is an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidense. "belief is a part of pisteuo , but taken on it's own means nothing. The Greek language doesn't even have a word for believer.

Pisteuo being a verb is a specific act , based upon a specific belief , sustained by a specific confidence.

And that is "A personal surrender to Him" (our life) and a life inspired by such surrender.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Those whom Christ Jesus died for were Saved before the World began.

They don't have to do anything.

Your own faith and surrendering is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:9, but by God's Grace alone!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Pretend we don't know anything except Jesus gave His life for us. Why wouldn't you do the same for Him , even if it was worth nothing?

It's because people just don't want to give their lives to anyone but themselves.

Nanja

Pretend we don't know anything except Jesus gave His life for us. Why wouldn't you do the same for Him , even if it was worth nothing?

It's because people just don't want to give their lives to anyone but themselves.

Invalid comments not found in scripture.