SALVATION: A Gift From God

eider

I am most interested in your proposal, as shown in the divine gospels as written by God's ordained prophets.

I needed to take the contention out of passages which guide, instruct and order followers in various ways, because of course that seems to be the confrontation.... Salvation by Faith and free gift -v- Salvation by Faith and good deeds -v- Salvation by good deeds.

I was debating with JWs about their strict Creed which estranges followers who disobey some laws or rules. And the penny dropped...... or would that have been a shekel? :D

The several hundred guidances, rules, laws and instructions written in the New Covenant are guidances and laws for life, not Salvation.

So there are rules for life, and a Free Gift of Salvation!
The rules get broken..... all the time.
The Free Gift of Salvation is constantly there for the Faithfull.

So...... A Christian who breaks strict laws which automatically attract estrangement from a group is just...... wrongness. There simply has to be Confession and communion (?) for the remissionn of 'life-sins'.

Have I got this anywhere near correct?

Robert Pate

Banned
I am most interested in your proposal, as shown in the divine gospels as written by God's ordained prophets.

I needed to take the contention out of passages which guide, instruct and order followers in various ways, because of course that seems to be the confrontation.... Salvation by Faith and free gift -v- Salvation by Faith and good deeds -v- Salvation by good deeds.

I was debating with JWs about their strict Creed which estranges followers who disobey some laws or rules. And the penny dropped...... or would that have been a shekel? :D

The several hundred guidances, rules, laws and instructions written in the New Covenant are guidances and laws for life, not Salvation.

So there are rules for life, and a Free Gift of Salvation!
The rules get broken..... all the time.
The Free Gift of Salvation is constantly there for the Faithfull.

So...... A Christian who breaks strict laws which automatically attract estrangement from a group is just...... wrongness. There simply has to be Confession and communion (?) for the remissionn of 'life-sins'.

Have I got this anywhere near correct?

The only condition for salvation is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1.

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that will produce good works and the Christian life. It is all of God.

The Christian remains a sinner, a saved sinner. He is justified by faith and by faith alone, Romans 4:5.

beloved57

The only condition for salvation is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1.

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that will produce good works and the Christian life. It is all of God.

The Christian remains a sinner, a saved sinner. He is justified by faith and by faith alone, Romans 4:5.

False teaching. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are rebellious enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Reconciliation is a Salvation Blessing. Its unconditional, it occurs while being enemies !
So that makes you a liar !

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is God's great FREE GIFT for all of humanity. A gift cannot be earned or deserved, otherwise it would not be a free gift. If God imposed salvation (Calvinism) then it is no longer a gift, it is an imposition and not a gift. If you have to do anything to be saved other than to have faith, then it is a work of the law. This is why Paul wrote,

"For by grace are you saved (not by predestination or religion) through faith: and not that of yourselves (your works or obedience) it is the gift of God, Ephesians 2:8.

A gift is not yours until it is received. It is not enough to just know that the gift is available, it must be received by faith. If you don't receive the gift, then it is not yours.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the Son's of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

Salvation is about hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone that was saved in the New Testament were saved because they heard and believed the Gospel, Acts 2:41. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved. This is why Paul wrote,

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17.

God created man to receive. Everything in life comes from God, even our salvation. God gave us ears to hear and a mind to believe. No one is blinded to the Gospel, all have the ability to hear and believe the Gospel, but not all want to hear and believe the Gospel. I have had people tell me that they would rather go to hell than accept Christ as their savior. In the end God will give everyone what they want.

"But not as the offense, so also is the FREE GIFT" Romans 5:15

"The GIFT by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ" Romans 5:15.

"And not as it was by one that sinned (Adam) so is the GIFT" Romans 5:16.

"But the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification" Romans 5:16

"The GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ" Romans 5:17.

"Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

To reject God's great FREE GIFT of salvation is to condemn yourself to eternal damnation. That was God's only begotten Son dying on the cross for your sins. To reject that is indeed a serious thing to do.

Why do you think Salvation can be earned ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Its implied in your post. You teach Salvation is conditioned on the sinner, something they must do, otherwise the Death of Christ doesn't save them !

How foolish of you to believe that God has sent his only begotten Son into the world to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. And that you don't have to respond to that. You are determined to go to hell.

beloved57

How foolish of you to believe that God has sent his only begotten Son into the world to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. And that you don't have to respond to that. You are determined to go to hell.

You deny that Salvation is the Gift of God since you believe sinners He died for are still lost !

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Where did I say that salvation can be earned?

Well we both agree that Salvation is by Grace , (the completed work that Christ did on the cross) through faith.

The application of Faith is as per Vines Greek dictionary, "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Salvation is by Grace through the continual surrendering of our lives to Jesus. I see that as a response to the Grace He has provided to me. You see that as an act of works that is trying to earn Salvation.

I don't think that surrendering my life to Christ (faith) can earn Salvation , why do you think it can?