Sacred namers, are they correct?

CherubRam

You showed yourself that you could very well be mispronouncing His Name.

Vowels make a difference CharibRum. There were no vowels in ancient Hebrew :nono:

When the language was revived, vowel points were placed in so people could speak and read it in Israel. If I call you CharibRum, is that okay? For all any of us know, that may well be what has happened since the language died.

What do you think of "Jehovah?"

The letter J is recently introduced. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD. There is no vowel between God's first and last name. Yahwah means "Life Began."

You are way out in left field Bozo. Ancient Hebrew: The original Hebrew alphabet consisted only of consonants, but gradually the letters א, ה, ו, י, also became used to indicate vowels, known as matres lectionis when used in this function.

Lon

The letter J is recently introduced. Hebrew did not have an e vowel until after 200 AD. There is no vowel between God's first and last name. Yahwah means "Life Began."

You are way out in left field Bozo. Ancient Hebrew: The original Hebrew alphabet consisted only of consonants, but gradually the letters א, ה, ו, י, also became used to indicate vowels, known as matres lectionis when used in this function.
Nope. You make stuff up. I've had a year of Hebrew. You? None at all. You like calling names? The Lord God happy with you calling names? :think:

Lon

Btw, I in no way mean to say that one cannot use a name such as YHWH. Rather, I am opposed to someone lording it over another trying to force or convince those, that only one Name is acceptable. :nono: Romans 8:15; 8:14-16

Galatians 5:1

CherubRam

Btw, I in no way mean to say that one cannot use a name such as YHWH. Rather, I am opposed to someone lording it over another trying to force or convince those, that only one Name is acceptable. :nono: Romans 8:15; 8:14-16

Show us from scriptures where God has another personal name other than Yahwah?

Lon

Show us from scriptures where God has another personal name other than Yahwah?

Calling God Father is a term of endearment, but it is not His personal name.
My children don't call me by my name. :think: You can go round and round all you like, CR.

:nono: Romans 8:15; 8:14-16

The rest of us will do as we were set free to do and love Him. John 10:27

CherubRam

My children don't call me by my name. :think: You can go round and round all you like, CR.

The rest of us will do as we were set free to do and love Him. John 10:27

According to scriptures the people of God call upon His name, and those who are not His people do not call upon His name.

Lon

According to scriptures the people of God call upon His name, and those who are not His people do not call upon His name.

And yet, you don't and CANNOT know how to pronounce it. Me? Romans 10:9,10 To me, scripture is clearer than you.

Truster

The REFORMER is not asking if the sacred names are correct he is being devious and asking if those that use the sacred names are correct, "namers".

He is actually being very stupid in this. By declaring the names as sacred he is in fact declaring their use as being a reverent action.

CherubRam

And yet, you don't and CANNOT know how to pronounce it. Me? Romans 10:9,10 To me, scripture is clearer than you.

[FONT=&quot]During the Babylonian captivity the Hebrew language spoken by the Jews was replaced by the Aramaic language of their Babylonian captors. Aramaic was closely related to Hebrew, and while sharing many vocabulary words in common, they contained some words that sounded the same or similar but had other meanings. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Aramaic, the Hebrew word for “blaspheme” used in Leviticus 24:16, “Anyone who blasphemes the name of YHWH must be put to death” began to be interpreted as “pronounce” rather than “blaspheme”. When the Jews began speaking Aramaic, this verse was (mis)understood to mean, “Anyone who pronounces the name of YHWH must be put to death.” Since then observant Jews have maintained the custom of not pronouncing the name. This also lead to some believing that God's name is not pronounceable. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Holman Christian Standard Bible[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 23:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Through their dreams that they tell one another, they make plans to cause My people to forget My name as their fathers forgot My name through Baal worship. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

My translation
Through their imaginings that they tell each other, they made plans to cause my people to forget my name, like their forefathers forgot my name through Baal worship. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some Biblical theophoric names end in ia(h) or yah as shortened forms of YHWH: That points to the vowels being "a". [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pronouncing the Name of God[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Nothing in the Bible prohibits a person from pronouncing the name of God. It is evident from scripture that God's name was pronounced routinely. Many common Hebrew names contain "Yah" and "ia(h)" parts of God's name. For an example the name Jeremiah ends in "ah." The Name Yahwah was pronounced as part of daily services in the Temple. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There is no prohibition against pronouncing the name in ancient times. As a matter of fact, the Mishnah recommends using God's name as a routine greeting to a fellow Jews. Berakhot 9:5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]However, in the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces YHWH according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the world to come, and should be put to death for pronouncing the four letter name. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The prohibition on pronunciation applied only to the four letter name YHWH, but Jews customarily do not pronounce any of God's many name titles except in prayer or study. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, Quote: "One cuts out the reference to the divine name which are in them [the Christian writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah, [John] and he who hated scholars and their disciples; [Yahshua] and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The person who proclaimed the coming was John the Baptist, and it was Yahshua who spoke against the scholars of the law. The scholars were the scribes or Pharisees. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And so it is an established fact, the disciples of Yahshua did write the holy name of God into the New Testament. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Lon

As far as another's freedom, it is fine. As far as shoving it upon another :nono: Romans 8:15 John 20:28

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Calling God Father is a term of endearment, but it is not His personal name.

I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh ašer ehyeh [ehˈje aˈʃer ehˈje]) is the common English translation (JPS among others) of the response that God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

Do you know better than moses?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Great book:

The Names of God Hardcover – April 1, 2001
by Ken Hemphill (Author)

51QVOAUYOeL._SX294_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

daqq

I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh ašer ehyeh [ehˈje aˈʃer ehˈje]) is the common English translation (JPS among others) of the response that God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am

And do you know better than the most ancient Kohanim-Priests of Israel who rendered the Torah into the Greek Septuagint? Not just anyone was allowed to do such a thing; it had to be priests and Levites who rendered the LXX, (and the translations commenced about three hundred years before the advent of Messiah, in Alexandria Egypt, as far as the Torah portions are concerned). And yet they did not read the Exodus 3:14 passage in the same way that modern, (Trinitarian), scholarship now reads it. They rendered the actual portion of the Name as "HO ON", ("Ο ΩΝ", ("ο ων")), "THE BEING", as Brenton's English translation of the Septuagint reads, or more precisely, "HE WHO IS", as it is found in the Apocalypse in the phrase "ο ων και ο ην και ο ερχομενος", "HE WHO IS AND WHO WAS AND WHO IS TO COME", (Rev 1:4 and Rev 1:8).

Exodus 3:14 OG LXX Greek Septuagint
3:14 και ειπεν ο θεος προς μωυσην εγω ειμι ο ων και ειπεν ουτως ερεις τοις υιοις ισραηλ ο ων απεσταλκεν με προς υμας

http://bibledatabase.net/html/septuagint/02_003.htm

Exodus 3:14 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton English Translation)
14 And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

http://biblehub.com/sep/exodus/3.htm

It is very clear that the emphasis in the above statement was not on "εγω ειμι", ("I am"), according to the above most ancient Greek source produced by Kohanim-Priests of Israel, no, but the emphasis was and is on the phrase, "Ο ΩΝ", "HE WHO IS", or "HE WHO EXISTS", or "THE BEING", or possibly even "THE LIVING ONE".

The words "εγω ειμι" are not even repeated in the above statement and the cold hard facts are that most all of the Apostolic authors quote from the Septuagint in the writings which we have handed down to us today, and in many cases the quotes are word-for-word verbatim as if lifted straight from the Septuagint, so this is indeed the closest thing if not the very same thing they had before them as far as any Greek text, (but that is not to say they did not also understand and write in Hebrew and-or Hebrew Aramaic because we know that there was an original Matthew written in Hebrew or Hebrew-Aramaic).

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]