Sacred namers, are they correct?

beameup

Pictographic Hebrew (the kind Moses used) has a much deeper meaning, as it is far more than just an alphabet.
6da8c1f2fa4ae6463fa5c9390380aa03.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is a Greek version of Christ name, and Yahshua is the English version of Christ name. Jesus is an "interpretation", and Yahshua is a "translation."

The word "Jesus" is not Greek and the word "Yahshua" is not English.

Epoisses

Christ was born Hebrew not Greek. Christ had a Hebrew name, not a Greek name. The name Jesus is a resent man made name. What is wrong with you people?

Jesus has so many names in the bible from the Word to Emmanuel to Lord to the Son of God to the 2nd or last Adam that the sacred name hoax is just another pitfall for the weak in faith.

If I don't say God's name exactly right he won't love me! More human works for stupid humans to trust in.

Truster

Jesus has so many names in the bible from the Word to Emmanuel to Lord to the Son of God to the 2nd or last Adam that the sacred name hoax is just another pitfall for the weak in faith.

If I don't say God's name exactly right he won't love me! More human works for stupid humans to trust in.

His name has not been revealed to you, because He doesn't love you.

CherubRam

Pictographic Hebrew (the kind Moses used) has a much deeper meaning, as it is far more than just an alphabet.
6da8c1f2fa4ae6463fa5c9390380aa03.jpg

Here are the variant spellings for Yahshua in the Old Testament. Some say that it is a custom to add the middle vowel, others say that it is not. Take your pick.

יְהוֺשׁוּעַ, יְהוֺשֻׁעַ and יֵשׁוּעַ,

CherubRam

Search Results
ti·tle
ˈtīdl/
noun
noun: title; plural noun: titles

the name of a book, composition, or other artistic work.
"the author and title of the book"
synonyms: name, heading, legend, label, caption, inscription
"the title of the work"
a caption or credit in a movie or broadcast.
a book, magazine, or newspaper considered as a publication.
"the company publishes 400 titles a year"
synonyms: publication, work, book, newspaper, paper, magazine, periodical
"the company publishes 400 titles a year"
a name that describes someone's position or job.
"Leese assumed the title of director general"
a word such as Senator or Dame that is used before someone's name, or a form that is used instead of someone's name, to indicate high social or official rank.
"he will inherit the title of Duke of Marlborough"
synonyms: designation, name, form of address, honorific; More
epithet, rank, office, position, job title;
informalmoniker, handle, tag;
formalappellation, denomination;
sobriquet
"the title of governor general"
a word such as Mrs. or Dr. that is used before someone's name to indicate their profession or marital status.
a descriptive or distinctive name that is earned or chosen.
"Nata's deserved the title of Best Restaurant of the Year"
the position of being the champion of a major sports competition.
"Davis won the world title for the first time in 1981"
synonyms: championship, crown, first place; More
laurels, palm
"an Olympic title"
Law
a right or claim to the ownership of property or to a rank or throne.
"a local family had title to the property"
synonyms: ownership of, proprietorship of, possession of, holding of, freehold of, entitlement to, right to, claim to
"the landlord is obliged to prove his title to the land"
(in church use) a fixed sphere of work and source of income as a condition for ordination.
a parish church in Rome under a cardinal.

verb
verb: title; 3rd person present: titles; past tense: titled; past participle: titled; gerund or present participle: titling

give a name to (a book, composition, or other work).
"a song titled “You Rascal, You.”"
synonyms: call, entitle, name, dub, designate, style, term; formaldenominate
"a paper titled "Immigration Today""

False Prophet

Which name of God you use will display what faith people identify you with.
Such as Allah or Vishnu. If you say Bhudda is your God, then people can group you to some kind of faith.
If you proclaim Jesus as your God, then people can identify you as another kind of faith.

Lon

Yahwah, also spelled Yahuah.
And yet, we don't know. I could totally pronounce "SheeroobRom" and you'd wonder who I was talking to.

Wait, "Loan?" Are you talking to me?

When you mispronounce His name, is that a desecration? Does He honor that? Why would He honor you saying His name Wrong? Abba Father is fairly clear from Greek transliteration, but Koine Greek is also a dead language. It puts sacred namers under a difficult assertion.

Lon

So you and Lon forgot the name of your god? Are not other Pagan gods called father? Yes, I believe Zeus is called father also. P.S. There are many "Sons of God." It could be said that a person is a holy spirit. To bad you forgot the name of your god.
Nope, you are just stuck on the sacred-namer moon and cannot get off.

I call Him Jesus, as is given in scripture. I call the Father Abba Father. The Holy Spirit is Comforter, etc. etc. My kids call me "Dad." That IS my name. Go figure, you cannot figure it out and run to some hill you imagine is a mountain. It is not. :nono: You cannot hang your milestone around my neck. Galatians 5:1 Keep your bondage to yourself. I love Him, whatever His name. Whatever name I use, He answers my prayers. That alone proves sacred-namers are being persnickety about things our God is not too worried about. It isn't your outside observance, it is your heart. If you love Him, and He dwells within, He will hear you.

CherubRam

Nope, you are just stuck on the sacred-namer moon and cannot get off.

I call Him Jesus, as is given in scripture. I call the Father Abba Father. The Holy Spirit is Comforter, etc. etc. My kids call me "Dad." That IS my name. Go figure, you cannot figure it out and run to some hill you imagine is a mountain. It is not. :nono: You cannot hang your milestone around my neck. Galatians 5:1 Keep your bondage to yourself. I love Him, whatever His name. Whatever name I use, He answers my prayers. That alone proves sacred-namers are being persnickety about things our God is not too worried about. It isn't your outside observance, it is your heart. If you love Him, and He dwells within, He will hear you.

You call yourself Lon, but I think I will call you Bozo. How does that sound to you?

Lon

I like the name Bozo, I think it is a good name for you.
Ah, so you mean it poorly. Gotcha. See? Intent is more important than the name itself.
On another note, I saw you don't know His Name in your thread. :think:

Lon

Prove it!
You showed yourself that you could very well be mispronouncing His Name.
God's name is Yahwah, also spelled Yahuah.
Vowels make a difference CharibRum. There were no vowels in ancient Hebrew :nono:

When the language was revived, vowel points were placed in so people could speak and read it in Israel. If I call you CharibRum, is that okay? For all any of us know, that may well be what has happened since the language died.

What do you think of "Jehovah?"