Sabbath And Communion

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Some people only worship and keep the Sabbath one day a week. But I believe in worshiping and keeping the Sabbath 7 days a week. Communion fellowship with others is a life difference. But there are those who demand that we do it only one day a week. Read verse 26 as often as we want to do this is ok with the Lord. It is the communion of the Holy Spirit 7 days a week.

[1Co 11:24-27
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke [it] and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
25 In the same manner [He] also [took] the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink [it], in remembrance of Me."
Spoiler

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks [this] cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
[1Co 10:16
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
[2Co 13:14
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit [be] with you all. Amen.
Spoiler
See if your closest Catholic parish has daily mass. If there are a number of them, you might be able to go to mass all seven days, if you're lucky. But a lot of parishes have masses only six days a week---pastors need a day of rest too! :)

Idolater

Hmmm...read that text you provided and nothing there about it being every sunday or even first day of the week when they ate and drank...

Could you provide that?
Yup. That's what the earliest Church did, and Christians never stopped going to mass every Sunday, until the Reformation in 1517. Going to mass ('going to church') is the fundamental Christian thing. Celebrating the Eucharist, eating 'this bread' and drinking 'this cup.'

Coincidentally, that Protestant value, that says that if you can't prove something from the Bible, then you shouldn't believe in it, was invented by Reformers in the 1500s.

Wonder why that was . . . .

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[/spoiler]See if your closest Catholic parish has daily mass. If there are a number of them, you might be able to go to mass all seven days, if you're lucky. But a lot of parishes have masses only six days a week---pastors need a day of rest too! :)

I said
I'm not catholic. One doesn't have to be catholic to worship God 7 days a week.

clefty

I said
lol You are an idiot. Remember how you were wrong about the bride of Christ. Remember how you were wrong and Jesus changing the law. Remember how you were wrong , remember, remember. And yet you keep on talking. You really are an idiot.

[Rom 11:7
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.

The veil is taken away to better perceive the OT...the OT itself its Law is NOT taken away...

Now in Him you can understand the OT...

See how all those things ARE a shadow as He is the substance...they point to Him...still

Idolater

I said
I'm not catholic.
I am not Catholic either. I am a gun-toting pastor of a small, independent non-Catholic ecclesial community, and I attend Catholic mass weekly with my family, clandestinely.
One doesn't have to be catholic to worship God 7 days a week.
Nothing stops you from attending the mass, you can sit in the pews, sing the songs, pray the prayers, kneel, genuflect, bow before the altar, make the sign of the cross in triplicate before the proclaiming of the Gospel reading during the liturgy of the Word, and give other parishioners the sign of peace---you can do everything, except receive Holy Communion. That would be illicit, not being in full communion with the Catholic Church, and Paul's warnings about those who 'eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord' (1Co11:27KJV) attaches. You can easily blend in, because there is usually always somebody else who isn't receiving Communion for whatever reason, and nobody wonders why.

clefty

Yup. That's what the earliest Church did, and Christians never stopped going to mass every Sunday, until the Reformation in 1517. Going to mass ('going to church') is the fundamental Christian thing. Celebrating the Eucharist, eating 'this bread' and drinking 'this cup.'

Coincidentally, that Protestant value, that says that if you can't prove something from the Bible, then you shouldn't believe in it, was invented by Reformers in the 1500s.

Wonder why that was . . . .

That Christians went to church on sunday is no big thing...some hebrews worshipped the golden calf...it didnt become a tradition though...well...yes come to think of it idolatry is man’s tradition...

Some hebrews did not worship the calf though...as some believers continued with Sabbath keeping...

Idolater

That Christians went to church on sunday is no big thing...some hebrews worshipped the golden calf...it didnt become a tradition though...well...yes come to think of it idolatry is man’s tradition...

Some hebrews did not worship the calf though...as some believers continued with Sabbath keeping...
Sunday is the Lord's Day because it's the day that He rose from the dead, and the Church has always practiced each Sunday as a holy-day/holiday in remembrance of Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The veil is taken away to better perceive the OT...the OT itself its Law is NOT taken away...

Now in Him you can understand the OT...

See how all those things ARE a shadow as He is the substance...they point to Him...still

I said
Your an idiot. Christ is the new testament. Christ is the one who said all who ever came before me are thieves and robbers. Now if someone is in Christ their not going to say Jesus lied when He said this.

[Jhn 10:1
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Jesus is the one who made the old testament obsolete.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus is the one who changed the law.

[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Your the one calling Jesus a liar.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not Catholic either. I am a gun-toting pastor of a small, independent non-Catholic ecclesial community, and I attend Catholic mass weekly with my family, clandestinely.
Nothing stops you from attending the mass, you can sit in the pews, sing the songs, pray the prayers, kneel, genuflect, bow before the altar, make the sign of the cross in triplicate before the proclaiming of the Gospel reading during the liturgy of the Word, and give other parishioners the sign of peace---you can do everything, except receive Holy Communion. That would be illicit, not being in full communion with the Catholic Church, and Paul's warnings about those who 'eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord' (1Co11:27KJV) attaches. You can easily blend in, because there is usually always somebody else who isn't receiving Communion for whatever reason, and nobody wonders why.

I said
Circumcision is what they done in the old testament in joining the church. If anyone is called while a member of a church I would say don't quit. If anyone is called while not being a member I would say don't join.

[1Co 7:18-19
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God [is what matters].

Idolater

I said
Circumcision is what they done in the old testament in joining the church. If anyone is called while a member of a church I would say don't quit. If anyone is called while not being a member I would say don't join.

[1Co 7:18-19
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God [is what matters].
Yeah and you know, I've come to the conclusion that the Catholic Church teaches the same thing, that while being in full communion with her is part of the full Christian life, that our Lord prescribes for all those who believe in Him, that we might still have good reasons for not converting to Catholicism, depending upon our current state. :thumb:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sunday is the Lord's Day because it's the day that He rose from the dead, and the Church has always practiced each Sunday as a holy-day/holiday in remembrance of Him.

I said
Like I said I treat every day as the Lords day. I worship 7 days a week, I keep the Sabbath 7 days a week. The old testament people only done it one day a week, but I do it 7 days a week. Clefty seems to have a big problem with worshiping God 7 days a week. Or keeping the Sabbath 7 days a week. That is one of the reasons I think he is muslim.

Idolater

I said
Like I said I treat every day as the Lords day. I worship 7 days a week, I keep the Sabbath 7 days a week. The old testament people only done it one day a week, but I do it 7 days a week. Clefty seems to have a big problem with worshiping God 7 days a week. Or keeping the Sabbath 7 days a week. That is one of the reasons I think he is muslim.
Muslims don't believe in Christ's Resurrection. If Clefty believes in Christ's Resurrection, then Clefty is a Christian, even if they identify as Muslim. Those who believe in Christ, believe in Him by believing the Gospel, that He is risen.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Muslims don't believe in Christ's Resurrection. If Clefty believes in Christ's Resurrection, then Clefty is a Christian, even if they identify as Muslim. Those who believe in Christ, believe in Him by believing the Gospel, that He is risen.

I said
They also must confess Jesus Christ as a Christian.

clefty

Sunday is the Lord's Day
citation needed

because it's the day that He rose from the dead,
funny all texts about what happened that sunday morning was the tomb was already empty...He rose the day before...

and the Church has always practiced each Sunday as a holy-day/holiday in remembrance of Him.

And the Hebrews worshipped a calf and strange fire was brought into the tabernacle...all forms of false worship...well intended but it remains...here are they that keep the commandments of Yah

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
citation needed

funny all texts about what happened that sunday morning was the tomb was already empty...He rose the day before...

And the Hebrews worshipped a calf and strange fire was brought into the tabernacle...all forms of false worship...well intended but it remains...here are they that keep the commandments of Yah

I said
lolol You know that if you never opened your mouth people could only assume your an idiot. lol But you open your mouth and that removes all doubt, they know you are.

Idolater

citation needed

The Lord Jesus, Who is Yah, has His own authorized pastor for His own Church, His own flock, the Temple of the Spirit, the Body of Christ.

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. Christ is the new testament. Christ is the one who said all who ever came before me are thieves and robbers. Now if someone is in Christ their not going to say Jesus lied when He said this.

[Jhn 10:1
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
He is the door... did Moses or the prophets have the sheep come in by another way?

Or did the sheep NOT hear them?

Jesus is the one who made the old testament obsolete.

[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Jesus is the one who changed the law.

[Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Your the one calling Jesus a liar.

Again false witness...the same false witness the jews said when claiming it was preached He changed their customs...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He is the door... did Moses or the prophets have the sheep come in by another way?

Or did the sheep NOT hear them?

Again false witness...the same false witness the jews said when claiming it was preached He changed their customs...

I said
lolol Your an idiot. Your calling the verses false witness. You muslim don't mind lying at all do you.