Rubio: sodomites are born that way

Arthur Brain

For you, it's "abhorrent," even "to entertain let alone act on."

I'm not sure how many times I have to repeat myself here but yes. I'm not remotely attracted to my own gender so the prospect of physical intimacy with another bloke is abhorrent to me. That obviously isn't going to be the case for a gay or bi-sexual man.

john w

Hall of Fame
Or maybe he's just applying common sense as I've certainly not met anyone who claimed they 'chose' their orientation. I certainly didn't 'choose' heterosexuality, it chose me so to speak. Could you choose to start being attracted to other men Musterion?

:think:

A thief, to you: I certainly didn't 'choose' theft, it chose me so to speak.

You: Right on!

Arthur Brain

You: Right on!

Er, nope, and if you had any common sense you'd realize why it isn't a viable comparison to start with.

If you're heterosexual you can entertain lust, sexual desire, fornication or whatever, but not for or with the same sex. Anyone can choose to steal.

quip

BANNED
Banned

Perhaps but ...so?

The point is that there is no rational, social or otherwise secular reason not to act upon one's natural homosexual feelings....not so for the yearning to steal.

The implied parallel is a straw-man.

john w

Hall of Fame
Er, nope, and if you had any common sense you'd realize why it isn't a viable comparison to start with.

If you're heterosexual you can entertain lust, sexual desire, fornication or whatever, but not for or with the same sex. Anyone can choose to steal.

Nope:

"I've certainly not met anyone who claimed they 'chose' their orientation. I certainly didn't 'choose' heterosexuality, it chose me so to speak."-you

I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature.

Have a seat.

john w

Hall of Fame
Perhaps but ...so?

The point is that there is no rational, social or otherwise secular reason not to act upon one's natural homosexual feelings....not so for the yearning to steal.

Translation: What you consider is a "rational,social or otherwise secular reason not to act upon one's natural homosexual feelings."

Nope:

"I've certainly not met anyone who claimed they 'chose' their orientation. I certainly didn't 'choose' heterosexuality, it chose me so to speak."-the "argument"

I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature. Stealing is "natural" to me, to steal.

Have a seat.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature. Stealing is "natural" to me, to steal.
This missed the point.

No one is saying that any particular homosexual act is not chosen, rather the attraction is natural and there's no reason for the homosexual to not act upon his/her feelings.

Have a seat.

Thanks but I'm good.

Arthur Brain

Nope:

"I've certainly not met anyone who claimed they 'chose' their orientation. I certainly didn't 'choose' heterosexuality, it chose me so to speak."-you

I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature.

Have a seat.

Have one yourself, you clearly don't see how illogical your argument actually is. Coming from a guy who goes on about how much he 'digs chicks' it's positively ironic to boot. Could you choose to start 'digging blokes' as well John?

john w

Hall of Fame

That "straw man" stumper/cliche is so intimidating, and can be employed on any site/subject. I've never heard it before. And I bet you think everyone is just so impressed with your debating skills. Next up: ad hominem?

And I will shudder, again.

quip

BANNED
Banned
That "straw man" stumper/cliche is so intimidating, and can be employed on any site/subject. I've never heard it before. And I bet you think everyone is just so impressed with your debating skills. Next up: ad hominem?

The irony. :chuckle:

Do you have an actual rebuttal?

john w

Hall of Fame
Have one yourself, you clearly don't see how illogical your argument actually is. Coming from a guy who goes on about how much he 'digs chicks' it's positively ironic to boot. Could you choose to start 'digging blokes' as well John?

A little emotional, aren't you, Chip? That's your best volley? Sit, Boo Boo.. You're beginning to bore me.

And that "chick" comment really floored me.

"you clearly don't see how illogical your argument actually is."-NoBrain

I'm stymied by that cliche.

Never trust anyone that feels it is necessary to include in their rebuttal, "clearly," or anyone that wears a bow tie. Next up: "honestly....obviously."

john w

Hall of Fame
No: irony. :chuckle:

Do you have an actual rebuttal?

Another stunning/stock cliche. Don't confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged failure on my part, to provide a "rebuttal."

Dig? Good.

john w

Hall of Fame
This missed the point.

No one is saying that any particular homosexual act is not chosen, rather the attraction is natural and there's no reason for the homosexual to not act upon his/her feelings.

Thanks but I'm good.

I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature. Stealing is "natural" to me. There is no reason for the thief/me to not act upon his/my feelings.

Feelings...nothing more than feelings....

Sit.

Arthur Brain

A little emotional, aren't you, Chip? That's your best volley? Sit, Boo Boo.. You're beginning to bore me.

And that "chick" comment really floored me.

"you clearly don't see how illogical your argument actually is."-NoBrain

I'm stymied by that cliche.

Never trust anyone that feels it is necessary to include in their rebuttal, "clearly," or anyone that wears a bow tie. Next up: "honestly....obviously."

Er, no, you're the one who seems to be getting rather het up over this for some reason. I'm not sure why you'd get 'floored' by the 'chick' comment as you've said 'how much you dig chicks' for years on here so why get cranky over it? You also didn't answer my question about whether you could choose to start 'digging blokes'. Could you?

john w

Hall of Fame
Er, no, you're the one who seems to be getting rather het up over this for some reason. I'm not sure why you'd get 'floored' by the 'chick' comment as you've said 'how much you dig chicks' for years on here so why get cranky over it? You also didn't answer my question about whether you could choose to start 'digging blokes'. Could you?

More emotional rants, blubberings..

Slower:
I cannot help myself-I did not choose to steal. It's in my nature. Stealing is "natural" to me. There is no reason for the thief/me to not act upon his/my feelings.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll take this as a .... "no".

:chuckle:

Peace out! :flamer:

Another cliche:"I'll take this as a .... "no"."

Pleaser teach us.Slower: Don't confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged failure on my part, to provide a "rebuttal."

john w

Hall of Fame

"You also didn't answer my question about whether you could choose to start 'digging blokes'"-NoBrain

Don't confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged failure on my part, to "answer."

Chapter, verse, where the bible demands I answer any/all questions.

Arthur Brain

More emotional rants, blubberings..

Well, from you certainly...

Slower:

Why can't you answer the question? Could you choose to start 'digging blokes' John?

:think: