Rubio: sodomites are born that way

glorydaz

If you're straight then that attraction simply wouldn't come about. This apparent argument that promiscuous behaviour etc can alter a person's orientation is weak at the very best and bordering on the ludicrous even then. You may very well be able to choose to sleep around and indulge in sexual temptation - in much the same way as you may choose to steal, lie, gossip etc, but your temptation is with the opposite sex. If you can entertain the notion of sexual congress or intimacy with your own gender then you simply ain't straight.

You might simply be unloved.

So tell that to the boy who was called a faggot by his dad from the time he could walk. Tell that to all the unloved youngsters who are accosted by homosexuals when at their most vulnerable.

Arthur Brain

All sins are chosen behavior. One doesn't have to have sex. They will not die.

If you're heterosexual then homosexual temptation doesn't enter into the equation, and can't be chosen either, nor does it somehow come about through acting on heterosexual lusts and temptations...

Jedidiah

...For obvious reasons it's somewhat impossible to choose to become gay if straight.
That's not even true, but I'm curious what you're calling "obvious" reasons why you think it is.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick).

Arthur Brain

You might simply be unloved.

So tell that to the boy who was called a faggot by his dad from the time he could walk. Tell that to all the unloved youngsters who are accosted by homosexuals when at their most vulnerable.

You mean paedophiles don't you? I'm not saying that the human psyche isn't fragile - especially when a child, but to argue that homosexuality is generally a chosen attraction let alone behaviour is just ridiculous.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you're heterosexual then homosexual temptation doesn't enter into the equation, and can't be chosen either, nor does it somehow come about through acting on heterosexual lusts and temptations...

We all have sins we are tempted by, we do not have to give in to them.

You keep missing that just because you don't have that desire, they must be born that way.

If one is born that way, then one is born with a desire to be a thief, an adulterer, a pedophile, a murderer, etc..

We don't have to act on the desires we have.

Jedidiah

Show how one's appreciation of beauty, and to where one wills their matrimonial desire, are one and the same thing, and not separate (and separable) things please ?

Arthur Brain

That's not even true, but I'm curious what you're calling "obvious" reasons why you think it is.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV) (for Patrick).

How is it not true? If you're exclusively attracted to the opposite sex then the very notion of having anything intimate with your own is abhorrent. It really should be obvious as to why already...

Jedidiah

How is it not true? If you're exclusively attracted to the opposite sex then the very notion of having anything intimate with your own is abhorrent. It really should be obvious as to why already...
Abhorrent. Isn't this why AC has that huge blog going about this topic ?

Arthur Brain

Show how one's appreciation of beauty, and to where one wills their matrimonial desire, are one and the same thing, and not separate (and separable) things please ?

Um, one can appreciate a beautiful woman without desiring to marry her. This strikes me as a bit of an odd question to be honest...

Arthur Brain

We all have sins we are tempted by, we do not have to give in to them.

You keep missing that just because you don't have that desire, they must be born that way.

If one is born that way, then one is born with a desire to be a thief, an adulterer, a pedophile, a murderer, etc..

We don't have to act on the desires we have.

It's a 'sin' I can't be tempted by because I'm heterosexual and there's no possibility of it coming about. What you seem to continually miss is that orientation is not the same as an act and anything possible therein.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's a 'sin' I can't be tempted by because I'm heterosexual and there's no possibility of it coming about. What you seem to continually miss is that orientation is not the same as an act and anything possible therein.

And i am not tempted to be a murderer or a thief. There is no possibility of it coming about.

As to the last part, then you are ok with pedophilia, since you believe that something you cannot possibly be tempted by, is inborn from birth?

You insist that sexual preference, is only inborn.

Lets say it is, should it be ok to practice it?

Arthur Brain

I'm surprised you used that word "abhorrent," is all.

Well, because to me the very idea of having same sex relations is just that on a personal level, I couldn't entertain it whatsoever, but I don't find homosexuals abhorrent simply for being wired differently to me to clarify.

Jedidiah

Well, because to me the very idea of having same sex relations is just that on a personal level, I couldn't entertain it whatsoever, but I don't find homosexuals abhorrent simply for being wired differently to me to clarify.
I like cheeseburgers. If someone said that raw octopus tasted like a cheeseburger then I would try it, but otherwise, yucky.

Arthur Brain

And i am not tempted to be a murderer or a thief. There is no possibility of it coming about.

Good, same here.

As to the last part, then you are ok with pedophilia, since you believe that something you cannot possibly be tempted by, is inborn from birth?

I'm obviously not okay with any practicing child molesters as children need to be protected at all costs, regardless of how people can be sexually attracted to minors.

You insist that sexual preference, is only inborn.

Lets say it is, should it be ok to practice it?

I don't insist it's ONLY inborn or immune to environment etc, as you should well know by now considering how much we've had discussions over this. What I have posited is that people generally have as much say in their orientation as I did - which is to say none. I didn't choose to be straight. I also didn't choose to find homosexuality an impossibility in light of that.

Arthur Brain

I like cheeseburgers. If someone said that raw octopus tasted like a cheeseburger then I would try it, but otherwise, yucky.

So do I, but then I've never tried to eat an iron filing sandwich with stale bread. I don't need to try it to know how gross it would be for me...