ECT Romans 11:25-36 can't be erased (Israel's Vision will be restored)

northwye

It is easy to Google "Dispensationalism says the Jews rejected Christ." and find many quotes saying that.

"http://graceonlinelibrary.org/eschatology/dispensationalism/dispensationalist-beliefs-israel-and-the-kingdom-of-god-by-william-e-cox/

"Lewis Sperry Chafer (Systematic Theology) said:

The kingdom was announced by John the Baptist, Christ and the apostles. The Gospel of the Kingdom (Matt 4:23; 9:35) and the proclamation that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (Matt. 3:2; 4:17; 10:7) consisted of a legitimate offer to Israel of the promised earthly Davidic kingdom, designed particularly for Israel. However, the Jewish nation rejected their King and with him the Kingdom (Quoted from George Ladd, Crucial Questions About the Kingdom of God, p. 50)"

I have seen many statements by dispensationalists saying the Jews rejected Christ and not acknowledging Romans 11: 1-5 saying a remnant of Old Covenant Israel accepted him.

"In the very last part of the following, by you - "The multitude of his kinsmen are going to be cut off for rejecting Christ. Yet there was a remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ, so the dispensationalist statement that the Jews rejected Christ is not true,"

That last part there is not what "the dispensationalist statement" is.

That is more what some take it to mean."

This is a non-argument within the dialectic game. The dialectic game can go on isolated from any substantive facts about what dispensationalists say their theology states. In fact, here that game goes on all the time just as a game not having much to do with facts outside of the game.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Problem is, you violate your own stated principle, or rule of thumb, there.

In the very last part of the following, by you - "The multitude of his kinsmen are going to be cut off for rejecting Christ. Yet there was a remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ, so the dispensationalist statement that the Jews rejected Christ is not trure,"

That is more what some take it to mean.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

It is easy to Google "Dispensationalism says the Jews rejected Christ." and find many quotes sayingf that.

"http://graceonlinelibrary.org/eschatology/dispensationalism/dispensationalist-beliefs-israel-and-the-kingdom-of-god-by-william-e-cox/

The kingdom was announced by John the Baptist, Christ and the apostles. The Gospel of the Kingdom (Matt 4:23; 9:35) and the proclamation that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (Matt. 3:2; 4:17; 10:7) consisted of a legitimate offer to Israel of the promised earthly Davidic kingdom, designed particularly for Israel. However, the Jewish nation rejected their King and with him the Kingdom (Quoted from George Ladd, Crucial Questions About the Kingdom of God, p. 50)"

I have seen many statements by dispensationalists saying the Jews rejected Christ and not acknowledging Romans 11: 1-5 saying a remnant of Old Covenant Israel accepted him.

"In the very last part of the following, by you - "The multitude of his kinsmen are going to be cut off for rejecting Christ. Yet there was a remnant of Old Covenant Israel who accepted Christ, so the dispensationalist statement that the Jews rejected Christ is not true,"

This is a non-argument within the dialectic game. The dialectic game can go on isolated from any substantive facts about what dispensationalists say their theology states. In fact, here that game goes on all the time just as a game not having much to do with facts outside of the game.

The vast majority of Dispensationalists only bother with the names of theologians to understand where the preterists, Cov., Replacement case is coming from.

If you want to understand dispensational perspective, read the Bible. If you want to hang it on display that you can't read scripture without the assistance of commentary, quote websites and pop theologians.

I have read your exegesis multiple times from earlier and I couldn't help but notice that you don't even understand Dispensational perspective. I appreciate your effort, but you don't seem to have a grasp on the Dispensational understanding that is jumping out of scripture without any need for commentary.

It's best to interpret the Bible with the Bible. Also, I noticed that you forgot to quote Danoh. I did it for you.

northwye

Christian Zionists or dispensationalists here do not seem to be able to get out of the game of using the anti-thesis, or opposition, against scripture and making statement which they seem to think are arguments which are not substantive arguments. When their arguments which are not substantive do not work, then they always resort to attacking the individual who is upholding scripture.

By staying within the game version of the dialectic so much, Christian Zionists discredit themselves.

Game theory has been used in economics and in psychology, but I don't know if anyone has applied a form of game theory to the Hegelian or Marxist version of the dialectic.

The dialectic kind of argument is often an opposition to these specific scriptures, if a Christian Zionist is able to began to deal with substantive issues and gets away from statements which only have the appearance of arguments and of attacking individuals: John 10: 16, Romans 12: 4-5, Ephesians 4: 4, Romans 10: 12, Galatians 3: 28, Romans 2: 28-29, Romans 9: 6-8, Romans 11: 17-20, II Corinthians 3: 6-11, Galatians 3: 3, 16-17, 27-29, Galatians 4: 24-26, and Hebrews 10: 9.

One of the reasons the tactics used in the dialectic become a form of gaming is because what are presented as arguments are phony, that is, are only the appearance of arguments.

There are other New Testament Scriptures that relate to the issues of Chrisian Zionism and some Old Testament scriptures, such as Haggai 2: 9.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Christian Zionists or dispensationalists here do not seem to be able to get out of the game of using the anti-thesis, or opposition, against scripture and making statement which they seem to think are arguments which are not substantive arguments. When their arguments which are not substantive do not work, then they always resort to attacking the individual who is upholding scripture.

By staying within the game version of the dialectic so much, Christian Zionists discredit themselves.

Game theory has been used in economics and in psychology, but I don't know if anyone has applied a form of game theory to the Hegelian or Marxist version of the dialectic.

The dialectic kind of argument is often an opposition to these specific scriptures, if a Christian Zionist is able to began to deal with substantive issues and gets away from statements which only have the appearance of arguments and of attacking individuals: John 10: 16, Romans 12: 4-5, Ephesians 4: 4, Romans 10: 12, Galatians 3: 28, Romans 2: 28-29, Romans 9: 6-8, Romans 11: 17-20, II Corinthians 3: 6-11, Galatians 3: 3, 16-17, 27-29, Galatians 4: 24-26, and Hebrews 10: 9.

One of the reasons the tactics used in the dialectic become a form of gaming is because what are presented as arguments are phony, that is, are only the appearance of arguments.

There are other New Testament Scriptures that relate to the issues of Chrisian Zionism and some Old Testament scriptures, such as Haggai 2: 9.

Every bible verse you quoted supports the OP. I appreciate that you expressed both sides of things with Haggai, but the full OP and the full Scripture foundation of the OP remains uncontested. Your exegesis was appreciated and it shows your personal understanding of Dispensation and your attempt to rearrange a couple of the verses that drive the OP.

At the end of the day, Romans 11 is clear and when it nails down 25-36, it's impossible to deny what Paul was saying. It rips through preterism and dispensational denial like a piece of molten iron through a block of ice. Strategy and delivery aren't the issue here. The OP is without wobble or waiver and it's point is straight forward.

That is the issue here and that is what is causing problems for the Preterists crowd.

I'm staying on topic and that's what this thread is about. The Dispensational denials and Replacement advocates quote scripture that supports the OP and have to add to it, reword it and strip its context to even begin to get away from its clear message.

Jesus came to the "Lost Sheep of Israel". Jesus avoided helping a gentile woman until she begged Him for help. The other sheep are discussed as enemies of the gospel. Gentile believers aren't enemies.

The actual other flock that is the Gentile flock cannot be called Israel, because it is specifically called a completely different flock by God Himself.

This is so simple it hurts to see all the effort to avoid what is in plain OP writing and ancient scripture that spans 1000's of years.

Last edited:

Danoh

It is easy to Google "Dispensationalism says the Jews rejected Christ." and find many quotes saying that.

You're the one concluding I was posting to you out of some sort of a game.

Fact is, I happen to enjoy reading works by Reformed writers - Proverbs 27:17.

One of my favorite is Keith Mathison.

Though I do not agree with various of his findings, I continue to find him a worthy read.

For the challenges his findings often are - to get back in the Scripture and study things out afresh.

In contrast to the "one size fits all" lens you are obviously viewing the Dispensational Perspective's assertion from (which is actually that the rejection of Christ had been by the majority [but not all] of His people at His 1st Advent), even the following Reformed writer sees this same, majority rejection of Him in a manner that holds some great similarities with my own perspective.

Google the following words...

Matthew 24: The Achilles Heel of Full Preterism by Michael W. Adam

Then open and read the pdf:

Full Preterism and Matthew 24 - Granted Ministries

Though he misses some key distinctions I see there; his is a great little read - enjoy...

Prov. 27:17
Acts 17:11,12

northwye

Paul said in Romans 9: 2-4, that "That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4. Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"

Paul had a sadness in his heart for his kinsmen because he knew from the revelations he got from Christ (Acts 26: 15-18) that the multitude of Old Covenant Israel were to reject Christ and be cut off. A remnant of them would accept Christ, be born again and would be the first fruits of the New Covenant.

Then in Philippians 3: 2-9 Paul says "Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
4. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

Paul has strong words for his kinsmen, of the concision, calling them dogs and evil workers. Here he does not use circumcision, but concision, which means mutilation, Strong's number 2699. But then he contrasts the "dogs" and evil workers of the mutilation with "We" of the circumcision who worship God in the spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh. By this group - "We" he must mean those of Old Covenant Israel who have accepted Christ in faith and were reborn by the Spirit.

Then Paul lists his credentials as a member of the physical bloodline and as a Pharisee -circumcised, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews, having zeal as a Jew to persecute the ekklesia or congregation,and having righteousness in the law. But then he says he counts all of his credentials as a Hebrew of Hebrews as dung, that he might win Jesus Christ.

Paul shows a strong difference between those of the mutilation who do have confidence in the flesh - and admits that he also was once like like them or even better as a Pharisee and Hebrew of the Hebrews - and those of Old Covenant Israel who were born again in Christ of the Spirit.

There is a huge difference between the multitude of Old Covenant Israel who are "dogs", of the mutilation who are evil workers having confidence in the flesh and those of the remnant who are born again of the Spirit through Christ.

We now live in a time of apostasy of the ekklesia when there is a difference between those who are not born again but are still in the spiritual state of the natural man (I Corinthians 2: 14), who does not discern the things of the Spirit and those who are born again.

Last edited:

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Paul said in Romans 9: 2-4, that "That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4. Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"

Paul had a sadness in his heart for his kinsmen because he knew from the revelations he got from Christ (Acts 26: 15-18) that the multitude of Old Covenant Israel were to reject Christ and be cut off. A remnant of them would accept Christ, be born again and would be the first fruits of the New Covenant.

Then in Philippians 3: 2-9 Paul says "Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
3. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
4. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6. Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
8. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

Paul has strong words for his kinsmen, of the concision, calling them dogs and evil workers. Here he does not use circumcision, but concision, which means mutilation, Strong's number 2699. But then he contrasts the "dogs" and evil workers of the mutilation with "We" of the circumcision who worship God in the spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh. By this group - "We" he must mean those of Old Covenant Israel who have accepted Christ in faith and were reborn by the Spirit.

Then Paul lists his credentials as a member of the physical bloodline and as a Pharisee -circumcised, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews, having zeal as a Jew to persecute the ekklesia or congregation,and having righteousness in the law. But then he says he counts all of his credentials as a Hebrew of Hebrews as dung, that he might win Jesus Christ.

Paul shows a strong between those of the mutilation who do have confidence in the flesh - and admits that he also was once like like them or even better as a Pharisee and Hebrew of the Hebrews - and those of Old Covenant Israel who were born again in Christ of the Spirit.

There is a huge difference between the multitude of Old Covenant Israel who are "dogs", of the mutilation who are evil workers having confidence in the flesh and those of the remnant who are born again of the Spirit through Christ.

We now live in a time of apostasy of the ekklesia when there is a difference between those who are not born again but are still in the spiritual state of the natural man (I Corinthians 2: 14), who does not discern the things of the Spirit and those who are born again.

Northeye,

You are priming the OP to be irrefutable even now. I'm not sure if you see it or not, but you agree that Israel, the natural branches, were cut off.

You go so far as to point this out,

4. Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Then you add to it,

Now compare what you just quoted to this,

Romans 11:24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

To emphasize it all you quote this,

9. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

Now read this in light of the scripture you just quoted,

Romans 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Doxology

33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay them?”
36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Now, re-read the OP points and see how most of your reasoning supports it.

Irrevocable
Jews cut off
Natural branches regrafted in (future tense)
Gentiles grafted in
Enemies of the gospel
Partial Blindness
Fullness of the Gentiles

These phases and context expose the lies of preterists and replacement wolves without fail. The context of these verses are protected by their surrounding chapters.

Anti Zionists Wish they could "Revoke" God's Promises to Jacob's defendants, but they can't. Moses even gambled his salvation on God's promises outweighing human failure.

Exodus 32:32 Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written.”

Anti-Zionists fear how deeply these verses expose their conceited error.

Lastly Consider this response that I might repost as an Opening post at a later date and a more accurate explaination of how it all fits together.

Keep in mind, Prophecy happens more than once on the back of one passage of scripture. This is a fact that Christ's first Advent Revealed. You're hanging all of your theological hope on a one time interpretation of "This generation shall not pass away."

From Jacob to Paul, why Preterism and Reformed Covenant Theology are Systematically Heretical

Foundation of OP rebuttal against Reformed / Council of Nicea Covenant Blending and Preterism

The OP title is signant of the Bible's actual system of theology and the contrasting birth of the Heresies that are now taught as Preterism and Covenant Theology. The Name covenant theology is deceptive in and of itself. Covenants are promises and those promises are never revoked by God. Dispensational theology actually understands the Covenants of God more clearly than Covenant Theology.

God never changes, but we do. The Bible shows God adjusting His approach to us in ways that fit our choices and global circumstances. Each of the many covenants in the Bible have a specific purpose and lesson to humanity. These promises build on one another and teach a central Truth about God's mercy, but they are not meant to blend together into one narrative. Blending the entire bible together by teaching that God demands obedience and throws away the disobedient is the quickest way to damn all of humanity and make God out to be a failure.

Jacob is the human origin of Israel. Moses became the representative head of Jacob's descendants as the human Dispensational mediator of the Stone covenant. Jesus was born of Israel, but walked with us as the Son of God and the Presence of the Father. Seeing Jesus is to have seen the Father. Jesus is the King of Israel. Peter is the King of Israel's Emmisary to Israel, while Paul is the post ascension Emmisary of Jesus to the Dog's that are now the Sheep of the Body of Christ.

The Distinguishment of the Joining.

Jacob was joined to God through faith by Promise and contention with God.

Israel was joined to Moses by Jesus.

Jesus joined The Body of Moses to Peter.

All Spiritual descendants of Abraham are uniquely considered descendants of Abraham by Faith in Jesus.

All are joined to Abraham by faith in Jesus.

Not one verse in scripture Reassigns Israel to mean anything other than Blood and Nationality.

Direct Support that Dispensationalsim is Correct​

1D Jesus Distinguished Israel from the Gentiles exactly as Dispensationalists do.

2D Jesus came for Israel during the time of His first Physical Cosmos presence with humanity. Even Samaria or the Northern Kingdom is visited by Jesus as Israel.

3D Jesus shunned Gentiles but approached Israel of National and Genetic origin as the people His physical ministry was dedicated to.

4D Jesus told Peter to Feed His Sheep and Peter is to the Circumcision, per Paul.

5D Peter rejecting Christ before His resurrection is identical to Israel rejecting Christ before His 2nd Coming.

6D Paul is commissioned to take the Gospel to the Gentiles by Jesus after Christ's ascension.

The Preterist and Covenant, Replacement Theology Rebutting Quick Notes

1T Jesus Prophetically Divided the Sheep of Israel from the (Then unknown) Sheep of Paul with His words in Matthew 15, John 10 and John 21. Paul acknowledges this division in Galatians 2 and Romans 11.

2T Israel (The Body of Moses) is first divided into 2 flocks (Belief and Unbelief), before the New (Body of Christ) Flock is born of the Resurrected and Ascended Jesus, through Paul.

The short expanded version of the OP​

1S Jesus said he came for the Sheep of Israel and contrasts this by calling Gentiles dogs.

2S Jesus explains that there are sheep of another fold. This is a problem for preterists and dispensational rejectors. If Jesus was going to replace Israel, Jesus would have specified that Israels name would become another folds name.

3S Jesus came for the Lost sheep of Israel and in doing so, verified that Israel is divided into Lost and Found.

4S Are Gentiles sheep, in this age of Grace? Certainly. Are Gentiles the flock of Israel. Absolutely not! Israel is divided into believing and unbelieving Israel. Gentiles are divided into believing and unbelieving Gentiles. But, each flock is its own flock! I can divide a flock, but it is simply a divided flock. I can add part of a flock to another flock, but that part still came from its original flock and is unique to its new flock that didn't come from its previous flock.

5S Peter rejected Jesus like Christ Rejecting Israel presently has.

6S Peter was forgiven and told to feed God's Sheep.

7S Peter is specifically said to be to the Jews or Circumcision by Paul.

8S To follow scripture correctly, it must be understood that Israel is the descendants of Jacob and came first (Before the Body of Christ). Israel was divided by the coming of Christ. It is the Flock of the Circumcision and it has stages of development. It is separate from the flock of Gentiles in matters of Christology and biblical exegesis, per the words of Jesus.

Simplified stages of Israel (The 12 stages of the 12)​

1- Jacob contends with God and is called Israel.

2- Jacob has 12 Sons

3- Through the selling of Joseph into slavery, Israel became enslaved by Egypt.

4- Israel was Liberated from Egypt and identified as the Body of Moses through God's provision of the Law and assignment of Moses to Israel as its supreme human representative.

5- Israel contends for its promised Land.

6- Israel gains its land, but is in constant peril to keep it. It divides into the Northern Kingdom of 10 tribes and the Southern Kingdom of Judah and Benjamin. David, the second king of the Southern Kingdom, is recognized as the birth conduit for the Prophesied Messiah by Israel's prophets.

7- Israel is overrun and partially dispersed time and time again by Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome. The Assyrian and Babylonian Dispersion is the major Onslaught that defines what is commonly referred to as the Diaspora and refers to all of Israel, North and South. There are many Exiles that took place over the years, but Assyria towards the North and Babylon towards the South.

8- The Messiah is Born of the bloodline of Israel. (Specifically David). The Roman Government held Israel at the time and Israel had been named Palestine by the Roman Government to mock Israel. (Palestine is lingual equivalent of Philistine)

9- Jesus is accepted by the literal poor people of Israel as Israel's King and the presence of God, but rejected by its wealthy Priest class as Israel's King and the Presence of God. The 12 apostles are all from the more impoverished origins. (Wealth - Spiritual Pride and Boastful in Election - Self Righteous - Better than Others / Poverty - Poor in Spirit and Admittedly Condemned - Sinful - Unworthy)

10- Christ rejecting Israel is ensnared into blindness while Christ accepting Israel becomes the picture of the fullness of God's plan for Israel and eventually becomes enveloped into the grace age Body of Christ, through Paul.

11- Christ rejecting Israel is in Peril and is further dispersed while it continues to exist as the land of Palestine and a people of Old Testament tradition for over 2000 years.

12- Israel reemerges from its ashes and now awaits the return of its True King, while the gentile nations oppress it, once more.

The Exegesis with a simplified delivery.​

Jesus came for Israel, the Lost sheep. During His physical ministry, God never changed this. A good example of this is the gentile mother that sought God's help.

Matthew 15:22*A Canaanite (Gentile) woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David,have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” 23*Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24*He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”. 25*The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26*He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s breadand toss it to the dogs.”​

Israel are the sheep. Gentiles are the dogs. Jesus said so. At least we're not the goats.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.​

Jesus speaks of another flock. He doesn't say that Israel is about to be permanently replaced, but says that He has another flock. Who feeds this other flock flock? Could it be one who rejected Jesus and then was told to Feed God's Sheep if he Loved Him? No! Peter is to the Circumcision or Lost sheep of Israel. This other flock that is a mystery is the post ascension flock that Paul is sent to. Not only did Saul hate Christ following Israel, but he ended up being instructed to by God Himself to preach Christ (God) to the Gentiles. Humility and mercy are always asked by God and provided by Him, to boot.

Luke 22:60*But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. 61*And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62*And he went out and wept bitterly.​

Peter denied Jesus. This is a major deal! Peter denied the Messiah! What is the response of Jesus to being denied by Peter?

John 21:15*So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

16*He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?”
He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

17*He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.​

Peter is a picture of Christ rejecting Israel. To miss that scripture repeats itself perfectly is to miss one of the most amazing aspects of scriptural narrative. Israel is like Peter, waiting for Christ to be resurrected, but filled with a sore heart, missing the presence of God. Christ's return will be Israel's breakfast by the Sea with God. After all, God told Peter to feed His sheep as He ate fish with the disciples.

About feeding God's sheep and Peter being told to feed God's sheep if He loved Him, who did Peter feed?

Galatians 2:8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles.​

Peter is to the Jews. Jews are physically circumcised and though they are named of the Tribe of Judah, they signify the culmination of Israel under the Joining of Judah to his father Jacob (Israel). Paul is to the Gentiles. Gentiles are the physically uncircumcised, but Spiritually circumcised. There is no book that is as dispensationally gentile specific as Galatians. It even speaks about Gentiles and Jews having to learn to acclimate to one another. Galatians rejects the idea of allowing the circumcision that are still mixing the two covenants together to influence the uncircumcised. Paul even calls Peter out for separating himself from the Gentiles while Peter is obviously living like a Gentile. The separation and simultaneous emphasis on coexistence is a further reminder of God's distinction between Israel and the Gentiles.

For Paul to still distinguish between the Circumcised and the Uncircumcised as far in scripture as Galatians, it is apparent that Dispensational understanding was embraced by the very Body of Christ that is spoken of in the Bible.

Last edited:

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
.for reference to Northeye

Quick key to the last two posts before this,

What were dogs became sheep and what were sheep became like dogs. God saw neither as dogs, but people did and do.

God is teaching humility to all of his people. Israel and the Body of Christ, alike. The proud get humbled and the humble are exalted. This is because the exalted of exalted is humble.

It is incorrect to state that the Natural remains natural after belief. The righteousness of Christ is the Spiritual measure of the natural believer that becomes Dead in Christ and Alive in the Spirit.

The natural man is saved by confessing that he is natural and believes in the work of God to save him. This is the very message in Romans 4.

Danoh

7s (7Spirits)...

Yours appears very similar in view to the Acts 2 Dispensational Perspective (aka Traditional or Classic Dispensationalism).

A thought...

The "other sheep" of John 10:16, are identified in the following chapters and others like them.

In the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I'll merely post the chapter references; and you appear to be an individual who might actually read them.

Feel free to read through them and see what they point to...

Isaiah chapter 5; chapter 11 (compare that one with Luke 4); Isaiah chapters 40; and 46.

Jeremiah chapters 3; 23; 31; and 50.

Ezekiel chapters 34; and 37.

Zechariah chapter 8.

Etc.

Thus, Hebrews chapter 8.

Another...

Matthew 10:6's and 15:24's "lost sheep of the house of Israel" are based on...

Ezekiel chapters 34; and 37; and on Jeremiah chapters 23; 31; 50; and Amos 9, etc.

Looking forward to your feedback.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
7s (7Spirits)...

Yours appears very similar in view to the Acts 2 Dispensational Perspective (aka Traditional or Classic Dispensationalism).

A thought...

The "other sheep" of John 10:16, are identified in the following chapters and others like them.

In the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I'll merely post the chapter references; and you appear to be an individual who might actually read them.

Isaiah chapter 5; chapter 11 (compare that one with Luke 4); Isaiah chapters 40; and 46.

Zechariah chapter 8.

Etc.

Thus, Hebrews chapter 8.

Another...

Ezekiel chapters 34; and 37; and on Jeremiah chapters 23; 31; 50; and Amos 9, etc.

Looking forward to your feedback.

I replied to [MENTION=14377]northwye[/MENTION] with the Acts 2 focus. The dispensationally blind are programmed to focus on "This generation will not pass" and Galatians links to Jerusalem, while misunderstanding what Kingdom Gospel means, in light of Galatians.

It's best to start small before explaining the 3 visible bodies in the Bible. This freaks Preterists and Cov. Theologians out, so it's easiest to explain the Macro disconnects before focusing in on the Micro.

I appreciate your point and hope my response clears up any confusion.

Last edited:

Danoh

I replied to [MENTION=14377]northwye[/MENTION] with the Acts 2 focus. The dispensationally blind are programmed to focus on "This generation will not pass" and Galatians links to Jerusalem, while misunderstanding what Kingdom Gospel means, in light of Galatians.

It's best to start small before explaining the 3 visible bodies in the Bible. This freaks Preterists and Cov. Theologians out, so it's easiest to explain the Macro disconnects before focusing in on the Micro.

I appreciate your point and hope my response clears up any confusion.

I take then, that you yourself do not hold that the "other sheep not of this fold" refers to Gentiles; is that right?

northwye

In Philippians 3: 2-8 those of the ‎Mutilation who are said to be "dogs," and evil workers and implied to have confidence in the flesh are the multitude, while Paul and others of the bloodline who are born again of Christ in the spirit are the remnant. How do we know they are the remnant? Because of Romans 11: 1-5.

The multitude are cut off in Romans 11: 17-20 because of their unbelief.

In history God has several times raised up a remnant, which is faithful to him, and has used that remnant to begin a new group of his people. The multitude, which has gone into false doctrines and false practices, and away from God, is cut off from God. That multitude, though, has tried to get back its position with God. This can be seen in Malachi 1: 4-5 with Edom. And by Malachi 2: 11 Old Covenant Israel seems to be included in this attempt to get back a position that has been lost. Are not dispensationalists surrogates for the multitude of Old Covenant Israel - to help them to get back their lost position with God on their terms, that is, based upon their physical bloodline.

At the great flood of Noah, God cut off the large multitude of people and began again with a small remnant, Noah, Noah's wife, his three sons and their wives. "And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him:" Genesis 8: 18

"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." I Peter 3: 20

Then in I Kings 19 during the time of the apostasy of Ahab and Jezebel, God told Elijah in I Kings 19: 18, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." God had preserved a remnant even in the time of the apostasy of Ahab and Jezebel.

In Romans 11: 4, as part of his statement on a remnant of Old Covenant Israel accepting Christ, and becoming members of the elect by grace, Paul quotes I Kings 19: 18. Paul says that in the remnant, God did not cast away all his people. But as Romans 11: 17-20 say, God did cut off all of Old Covenant Israel which were in unbelief, who rejected Christ.

Again in the Babylonian captivity of seventy years as judgment for falling away into false doctrines and practices the multitude of Old Covenant Israel was left in false doctrines and in captivity while a remnant was sent back to Jerusalem under Zerubbabel, Jeshua and Ezra to began Old Covenant Israel anew.

When Christ appeared in human flesh and went to the Cross, God fulfilled the prophecies of II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16, and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 to turn Jerusalem (Israel) upside down and to make Israel again "another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it." And in Acts 10 God used Peter to bring the Gospel to Cornelius, a non-Jew, and his people, beginning the fulfillment of the prophecy of Hosea 2: 23 to make a people who were not before the people of God, the people of God. In other words, non-Jews were to be brought into Israel reborn in Jesus Christ.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
I take then, that you yourself do not hold that the "other sheep not of this fold" refers to Gentiles; is that right?

At the expense of sounding "MAD" and possibly "Hyper Dispensational", I will emphasize that Prophecy from Jesus, as all prophecy that is true originates from Jesus anyways, has multiple fulfillments that can be understood with the approach of dispensationally dividing what is Prophesied.

Of all prophetic words that have ever been spoken, the words from Christ's physical mouth are more potent and meaningful than any others.

When the letter could be printed Red, it is potent and expansive. In my Bible, I have it written in the notes as such,

1. Historical Prophecy
2. Personal Prophecy (Holy Spirit to need of individual)
3. Passive Prophecy (Metaphores used for Witness and preaching)
4. Active Prophecy (Events of Fortune Fortelling)
-4a. Humanity
-4b. Israel
-4c. The Body of Christ
-4d. The Kingdom of Israel
-4e. Gentile Nations
-4f. The Wicked Nations that Lord over Israel
-4g. The Wicked
-4f. Satan and his Minions

5. Discernment of a Spirit Prophecy
6. End Time Prophecy
7. Christological Prophecy

Your question is about the exact meaning of Christ's words when He discussed the other flock, from my opinion's perspective.

My answer is that I dispensationally divide the very statement and can see Him referring to the Body of Christ that is breathed to life through Paul, after Israel Stones Steven and Greived the Spirit.

I can dispensationally see it referring to the coming Kingdom when Jesus returns and reaps those not yet entered into Christ from the wicked.

I can dispensationally see it referencing Peter's headship of the key to the Gates of Heaven.

I can dispensationally see it meaning that Jesus would explain more about Israel when He returned from where He hadn't gone at the time He referred to the other flock in John 10 and so forth.

I will hopefully conclude my answer to you with the knowledge that this is a divisive specification and I dislike the human distinctions that are found in contemporary writings about the true biblical presence of Dispensationalism.

I am a bible purist and resist reading pop commentary at all costs. If it isn't in the Bible, or gleaned from discussion, I consider it pop theology and human labeling.

Allow me to give you my "Yes", "No" and "Maybe" answer questions.

Is Jesus the King of National Israel of Jacob?
Yes

Is Israel partially enveloped into the Body of Christ?
Yes

Is there a difference in Israel Pre Christ?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ was physically present?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ died?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ Resserected?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel after Christ's ascension?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel after Pentecost?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when its leaders rejected Steven and grieved the Spirit by stoning him?
Yes

Did Israel get cut off when Steven was stoned?
Yes

Did Saul become the head of the new Israel?
Hell NO! The Body of Christ isn't Israel!

Does Israel of today in National location and blood matter to God today?
Hell Yes!

Will God keep all of His irrevocable promises to Jacob's descendants?
Yes

Will God find some of Christ rejecting Israel Wicked and condemned?
Most likely

Will God restore most of Christ rejecting Israel and regraft them back in?
Yes and Hell Yes!

Will there be hope for the unsaved at ressurection and judgment?
Yes!

Will Israels restoral be a part of the unsaved ressurected hopes?
Yes

Do I know everything and claim to be a prophet?
No, Hell No and Shoot No, too.

Last edited:

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
In Philippians 3: 2-8 those of the ‎Mutilation who are said to be "dogs," and evil workers and implied to have confidence in the flesh are the multitude, while Paul and others of the bloodline who are born again of Christ in the spirit are the remnant. How do we know they are the remnant> Because of Romans 11: 1-5.

The multitude are cut off in Romans 11: 17-20 because of their unbelief.

In history God has several times raised up a remnant, which is faithful to him, and has used that remnant to begin a new group of his people. The multitude, which has gone into false doctrines and false practices, and away from God, is cut off from God. That multitude, though, has tried to get back its position with God. This can be seen in Malachi 1: 4-5 with Edom. And by Malachi 2: 11 Old Covenant Israel seems to be included in this attempt to get back a position that has been lost. Are not dispensationalists surrogates for the multitude of Old Covenant Israel - to help them to get back their lost position with God on their terms, that is, based upon their physical bloodline.

At the great flood of Noah, God cut off the large multitude of people and began again with a small remnant, Noah, Noah's wife, his three sons and their wives. "And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him:" Genesis 8: 18

"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." I Peter 3: 20

Then in I Kings 19 during the time of the apostasy of Ahab and Jezebel, God told Elijah in I Kings 19: 18, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." God had preserved a remnant even in the time of the apostasy of Ahab and Jezebel.

In Romans 11: 4, as part of his statement on a remnant of Old Covenant Israel accepting Christ, and becoming members of the elect by grace, Paul quotes I Kings 19: 18. Paul says that in the remnant, God did not cast away all his people. But as Romans 11: 17-20 say, God did cut off all of Old Covenant Israel which were in unbelief, who rejected Christ.

Again in the Babylonian captivity of seventy years as judgment for falling away into false doctrines and practices the multitude of Old Covenant Israel was left in false doctrines and in captivity while a remnant was sent back to Jerusalem under Zerubbabel, Jeshua and Ezra to began Old Covenant Israel anew.

When Christ appeared in human flesh and went to the Cross, God fulfilled the prophecies of II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16, and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 to turn Jerusalem (Israel) upside down and to make Israel again "another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it." And in Acts 10 God used Peter to bring the Gospel to Cornelius, a non-Jew, and his people, beginning the fulfillment of the prophecy of Hosea 2: 23 to make a people who were not before the people of God, the people of God. In other words, non-Jews were to be brought into Israel reborn in Jesus Christ.

All I needed was your reference to the Flood.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, 19 in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

Christ didn't cut the Flood Destroyed off from salvation. He stopped them from propagating their fleshly failure and destroying one another. He preached to those very spirits according to 1st Peter 3.

God doesn't play the "giving up game". God doesn't fail us though we fail Him.

He's the God that forgives 70 times 7 and then dies for the lost!

He said He would leave the flock of Israel for the sake of ONE lost Lamb of Israel.

Your usage of people being brought into the camp of Israel through commandment and ritual is fair, but you are still tap dancing around the clear fact that the OP is empowered by every word of scripture that you post, while the parts of your exegesis that attempt to redesignate Israel are fictitious conclusions that contradict God's promises to national, biological Israel and all prophetic scripture.

You can't produce one scripture that says God won't restore Israel and you especially can't produce a scripture that calls the Body of Christ Israel.

You are confusing the Widow to be Bride with the Bride that is Body. They are two separate matters.

Now back to the OP and specific address of Romans 11:25-36.

Last edited:

Danoh

Yep, 7s, yours are definitely distinctions similar to Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

And no; no animosity on my part towards you for that.

And you're safe from the Hyper label, lol

Still, read those passages I cited; unless you just want to disgree with what they point to, they make clear that the "other sheep not of this fold" is not a reference to Gentiles.

These repeated in this Spoiler...

Spoiler

In the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I'll merely post the chapter references...

Zechariah chapter 8.

Etc.

Thus, Hebrews chapter 8.

Another...

The Lord had even "said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" or when the kingdom of Israel would be "one fold" again, Acts 1:6, 7.

In the spirit of Prov. 27:17; and Acts 17:11,12.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Yep, 7s, yours are definitely distinctions similar to Acts 2 Dispensationalism.

And no; no animosity on my part towards you for that.

And you're safe from the Hyper label, lol

Still, read those passages I cited; unless you just want to disgree with what they point to, they make clear that the "other sheep not of this fold" is not a reference to Gentiles.

These repeated in this Spoiler...

Spoiler

In the interest of keeping this post as short as possible, I'll merely post the chapter references...

Zechariah chapter 8.

Etc.

Thus, Hebrews chapter 8.

Another...

The Lord had even "said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" or when the kingdom of Israel would be "one fold" again, Acts 1:6, 7.

In the spirit of Prov. 27:17; and Acts 17:11,12.

I will give your last two posts study and specific response to understand your points and digest them.

Thank you. :e4e: mind you, a friend of Israel is a friend of mine. Hyper or not. Jew or Gentile. The list goes on and on.

Last edited:

DAN P

At the expense of sounding "MAD" and possibly "Hyper Dispensational", I will emphasize that Prophecy from Jesus, as all prophecy that is true originates from Jesus anyways, has multiple fulfillments that can be understood with the approach of dispensationally dividing what is Prophesied.

Of all prophetic words that have ever been spoken, the words from Christ's physical mouth are more potent and meaningful than any others.

When the letter could be printed Red, it is potent and expansive. In my Bible, I have it written in the notes as such,

1. Historical Prophecy
2. Personal Prophecy (Holy Spirit to need of individual)
3. Passive Prophecy (Metaphores used for Witness and preaching)
4. Active Prophecy (Events of Fortune Fortelling)
-4a. Humanity
-4b. Israel
-4c. The Body of Christ
-4d. The Kingdom of Israel
-4e. Gentile Nations
-4f. The Wicked Nations that Lord over Israel
-4g. The Wicked
-4f. Satan and his Minions

5. Discernment of a Spirit Prophecy
6. End Time Prophecy
7. Christological Prophecy

Your question is about the exact meaning of Christ's words when He discussed the other flock, from my opinion's perspective.

My answer is that I dispensationally divide the very statement and can see Him referring to the Body of Christ that is breathed to life through Paul, after Israel Stones Steven and Greived the Spirit.

I can dispensationally see it referring to the coming Kingdom when Jesus returns and reaps those not yet entered into Christ from the wicked.

I can dispensationally see it referencing Peter's headship of the key to the Gates of Heaven.

I can dispensationally see it meaning that Jesus would explain more about Israel when He returned from where He hadn't gone at the time He referred to the other flock in John 10 and so forth.

I will hopefully conclude my answer to you with the knowledge that this is a divisive specification and I dislike the human distinctions that are found in contemporary writings about the true biblical presence of Dispensationalism.

I am a bible purist and resist reading pop commentary at all costs. If it isn't in the Bible, or gleaned from discussion, I consider it pop theology and human labeling.

Allow me to give you my "Yes", "No" and "Maybe" answer questions.

Is Jesus the King of National Israel of Jacob?
Yes

Is Israel partially enveloped into the Body of Christ?
Yes

Is there a difference in Israel Pre Christ?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ was physically present?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ died?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when Christ Resserected?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel after Christ's ascension?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel after Pentecost?
Yes

Was there a difference in Israel when its leaders rejected Steven and grieved the Spirit by stoning him?
Yes

Did Israel get cut off when Steven was stoned?
Yes

Did Saul become the head of the new Israel?
Hell NO! The Body of Christ isn't Israel!

Does Israel of today in National location and blood matter to Hod today?
Hell Yes!

Will God keep all of His irrevocable promises to Jacob's descendants?
Yes

Will God find some of Christ rejecting Israel Wicked and condemned?
Most likely

Will God restore most of Christ rejecting Israel and regraft them back in?
Yes and Hell Yes!

Will there be hope for the unsaved at ressurection and judgment?
Yes!

Will Israels restoral be a part of the unsaved ressurected hopes?
Yes

Do I know everything and claim to be a prophet?
No, Hell No and Shoot No too.

Hi and you have said that Israel is not the Body of Christ !!

Yet you say that Israel is partially enveloped into the Body of Christ ?

Where is that verse found ??

Can you explain Gal 3:28 ?

dan p

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Hi and you have said that Israel is not the Body of Christ !!

Yet you say that Israel is partially enveloped into the Body of Christ ?

Where is that verse found ??

Can you explain Gal 3:28 ?

dan p

Hi Dan P.

What I mean is that a Jew that claims Christ in this age of grace remains an Israelite, but in the same breath, they become enveloped into this present Dispensation where there is no Jew nor Gentile and they are no longer on the Israel plan but the Body of Christ plan where they immediately report to Jesus upon death.

The Interim Kingdom Gospel that Christ Preached and the 12 preached is different than the Gospel of Grace that was Entrusted to Paul. It awaits the occurrence of events foretold in Daniel and Revelation to kick back off.

As Believing Jews shifted over to the Body of Christ, their distinction of Israelite and Jew was traded in for Member of the Body of Christ.

The Kingdom of Israel is now made up of the partially hardened and the reemerging land that is divided. Some Jews are in the Body of Christ and in the Land of Israel as Believers in Jesus, but I was referring to members of the Body of Christ, in this Dispensation of Grace, being neither Jew nor Gentile.

Does that explain my intent better and if you have words of correction or expression of a different angle, I am very happy to listen, learn and file it away in the positive information file of my brain.

I fully believe in the 3 bodies, for the record, but I see them as reduced back to two distinct bodies in this age of grace and awaiting His return. I.E. the Kingdom Gospel and the Grace to the Gentiles Gospel, while much of Israel is now fully in blindness, though experiencing a physical restoration that was Prophesied in scripture.

DAN P

Hi Dan P.

What I mean is that a Jew that claims Christ in this age of grace remains an Israelite, but in the same breath, they become enveloped as not the Dispensation where there is no Jew nor Gentile and they are no longer on the Israel plan but the Body of Christ plan where they immediately report to Jesus upon death.

The Interim Kingdom Gospel that Christ Preached and the 12 preached is different than the Gospel of Grace that was Intrusted to Paul.

As Believing Jews shifted over to the Body of Christ, their distinction of Israelite and Jew was traded in for Member of the Body of Christ.

The Kingdom of Israel is now made up of the partially hardened and the reemerging land that is divided. Some Jews are in the Body of Christ and in the Land of Israel as Believers in Jesus, but I was referring to members of the Body of Christ, in this Dispensation of Grace, being neither Jew nor Gentile.

Does that explain my intent better and if you have words of correction or expression of a different angle, I am very happy to listen, learn and file it away in the positive information file of my brain.

Hi and when you say what Gal 3:28 means , then I will have the answer !!

There are no Jews or Greek in the Body of Christ as referenced in Gal 3:28 OR as written in Col 3:11 , are you with me here ??

dan p