ECT Roman Catholic Doctrines

God's Truth

Yes, and that happens by believing the gospel:

The scriptures say faith alone is dead and cannot even save you.

So at what point in time is a person born again?

A person is born again after they repent of their sins and have their heart circumcised by Jesus.

When he believes the gospel or at the end of an obedient life?

Not when one merely believes. One must obey by repenting of their sins. That is when one is saved. Then one must continue to believe and obey until they die, and even after they die; or, until Jesus comes again.

Jerry Shugart

A person is born again after they repent of their sins and have their heart circumcised by Jesus.

So does that happen during the life of a believer or at the end of his life after living a life of obedience to the Lord?

In other words, if a believer is born again and then stops obeying at some point after being born again then does he become un-born? Or what happens?

God's Truth

So does that happen during the life of a believer or at the end of his life after living a life of obedience to the Lord?

In other words, if a believer is born again and then stops obeying at some point after being born again then does he become un-born? Or what happens?

Do you mean stop obeying and do not try to obey and do not repent?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you are born again, you will not stop obeying.

God's Truth

John 15:10 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

John 15:9 If you obey my commands, you will continue in my love, as I have obeyed my Father's commands and continue in His love.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

DISQUALIFIED means not saved:
See 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 10:31, Luke 12:46, Galatians 4:19, John 15:6, Luke 13:28, Matthew 8:12, and Matthew 5:13.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So have you sinned since you have been saved?

Is a sin obeying Him?

No!

I never claim to be saved, it is Jesus' place to judge anyone's salvation.

I am a sinner and need of forgiveness daily.

Can you honestly say you are perfect that you don't sin?

Regardless of my imperfect faith, Jesus commands us to follow Him.

Jerry Shugart

Can you honestly say you are perfect that you don't sin?

I have sinned since I have been saved but I understand something which you don't understand. As a true believer I possess a righteousness which is of God which is indeed perfect:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

That is the gospel of grace and if you think that it takes more than faith to receive the righteousness which is of God then you are not believing that gospel and you remain an unbeliever and you remain condemned.

So sad!

God's Truth

I have sinned since I have been saved but I understand something which you don't understand. As a true believer I possess a righteousness which is of God which is indeed perfect:

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

That is the gospel of grace and if you think that it takes more than faith to receive the righteousness which is of God then you are not believing that gospel and you remain an unbeliever and you remain condemned.

So sad!

The righteousness that comes from Jesus, it is a righteousness that comes when we receive the Spirit and we are ONLY GIVEN the Spirit if we are chosen, accepted by Jesus. Jesus doesn't accept anyone on the sole reason of 'only believe and don't do anything'.

Jesus saves those who do right AND BELIEVE.

Jesus saves those who believe they have to obey.

God's Truth

Is it obeying Him to play the hypocrite?

When you put on a false face and speak false words, you prove yourself a child of the devil.

What are you of when you say we don't have to obey?!!!

According to your HYPOCRITICAL beliefs, she should be saved anyway while being a hypocrite because she BELIEVES.

jsanford108

Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for the posit, Jerry.

The Lord Jesus identifies the baptism of water and spirit as being the same thing as being "born again" (John 3:3-5). And a person is born again when he believes the gospel (1 Pet.1:23-25). So how do we understand the "water"?:

"That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word"
(Eph.5:26).​

At John 3:5 the Lord was using the word "water" symbolically and the meaning is the "word.

Here is how James says about the new birth:

"He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created" (Jas.1:18).​

Besides that, the gospel comes in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) so when we understand that the Lord was using figurative language where the "water" symbolizes the "word" then the Lord's words are actually saying, "born of the word and the Spirit."

And that matches other places in the Scriptures that reveal that a person is born of God by believing (1 Jn.1-5; Jn.1:12-13). So we have four different places which reveal that the new birth comes through believing and none which reveals it is through water.
So, how does one get symbolically baptized?

None of these points disproves infant baptism as legitimate. (And 1 John 1-5 doesn't have anything to do with baptism)

Besides that, it is a simple thing to show that the baptismal regeneration of Rome came straight from pagan religions.
Would you mind providing the simple evidence that demonstrates this point?

Do you accept the wedding ring as Christian?

jsanford108

God gives the Holy Spirit to those who have faith and repent of their sins and call on Him.

Infants cannot have faith and repent and call on Him.
So, since infants cannot have faith, repent, etc, then what happens when an infant passes?

Since they can't repent and believe, which is your criteria for receiving salvation, what happens to infants? Aborted babies?

We must be born again. We are born again when all our sins are washed away...we have a REBIRTH. This is done by the Holy Spirit, when Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5... He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
When is a person born?

Circumcision was how one was marked as being a member of the Abrahamic Covenant. When were those persons circumcised?

Is baptism not the mark of being a member of the New Covenant?