ECT Roman Catholic Doctrines

jsanford108

Jerry,
I have addressed John 5:24 twice now. Once in my own words (post 108, 115; answers to other questions in posts 75 +, with 102 and 108 specifically), and once to your charge of asking what the Church teaches about the Word (post 108). You have not answered a single question I posed to you (post 75, 102, 105, 108).

And rather than addressing anything stated before post 115, you decide that the following is a suitable reply (despite evidence of your falsehoods):
You are preferring the teaching of Rome over the very words of the Lord Jesus and that is why you did not even try to prove that you actually believed the words of the Lord Jesus which I quoted. Here they are again so that everyone can see the verses which you failed to address:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3:16).​
I have stated several times now that I am believing this verse, as well as all that Jesus said, did, and taught.

You however are not. You are not wishing to understand, but to express your own views, despite evidence and Truth being against them.

You believe the teaching of Rome and you don't believe what is said in those verses.
You are preferring the teachings of Satan to the Word of God.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

I have addressed John 5:24 twice now.

I don't remember you ever rejecting the teaching of Rome that denies that once a person believes he possesses eternal life. The Lord Jesus made it plain that Rome is in error when He said the following:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

The Lord Jesus: Believe -----> Eternal life
Rome: Believe and Be Baptized ------> Eternal life

God's Truth

Okay. I don't believe that you believe that I skimmed your response.

No problem.

That was not my inference.

Here, I will show the inherent fallacy within your argument:
Neither can the mentally handicapped. Yet, Jesus says that unless we repent and are baptized, we cannot enter into eternal life. So, explain this. Either repentance is a general application to the normal population, with exceptions existing; or Jesus is contradicting Truth.

Humans do not just get to make up doctrines like baptizing infants because the mentally handicapped are like infants in their mind.

What you say is absurd.

You continue to push this idea, despite no evidence to support any point of Matthew 19 discussing or mentioning baptism.

You are not speaking the truth.

You cannot prove that infants were baptized.

I gave scriptures that prove infants are not baptized.

Your denial is not a defense.

This appears to be you projecting your shortfalls onto me.

Why did the disciples send the children away? If the people were bringing the children to be baptized, where is this information/context provided in Matthew 19?

I understand why it is so hard for you.

However, you will just have to give up what you think you know, and give up the pride you have in the false catholic denomination.

Children were brought to Jesus and the disciples tried to send them away.

It was not asked if they were baptized or needed to be baptized.

If no such evidence is found within, then your claim regarding this passage is null.

hahahaha

You know that it proves infants were not baptized.

Jesus had to tell the disciples to let the little children come to him because why? Because they had been baptizing infants all along? LOL No.

No one has made the claim that the Apostles were baptizing children in Matthew 19. So, your refutation of such an idea is a fallacy, as you are arguing against a "straw-man."

I am using that scripture as proof that infants were not baptized.

As for no one ever trying to use that scripture for doing infant baptisms, you are wrong.

That scripture proves infant baptism is false.

Where in Matthew 19:14 does Jesus mention baptism?
It doesn't.

That is why it is against God to baptize infants.

No one is arguing (between you and I) that Jesus is not the Word Incarnate (John 1:1).
Jesus is the Word of God and he does not say to baptize infants.

So, you are infallible?

The Bible is the written Word of God.

You don't get to make up things.