Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

Jesus was born under the law, and lived under the law.

When Jesus said the above things, He was living under the law, as were all the people He said those things to.

The law changed AFTER the cross, not before it.

So the changes were after the testator died? Hmmmm...not even legal in the secular realm...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. There is no law for the Christian,

Correct
because the law has been abolished by Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:15.

Correct

Under the New Covenant the Christian does not live by the law or by religion, Instead, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Correct

Living by faith does not mean living by rules, laws or religion.

Correct

John W. is under the wrath of God because he holds the truth in unrighteousness,

John W denies that the New Covenant is in place right now. So, that leads to many problems for him, and explains his lack of understanding the law being fulfilled.

clefty

When did the priesthood change?

To uphold the Law administered you mean?

Or you mean from NT priests to the one administering sunday power hours...

Just kidding...

You meant when He became High Priest? AT death...because He qualified by His obedience and holiness while living Spirit filled...

So now He ministers the same Law just as any High Priest transference would do...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ha...ok well to conquer it then...so see? Same Law...wasnt altered for them...but they for it

Circumcision is not salvific but it does help conquer...haha

You're missing the typology.

When both the old and new covenants were given, each generation that received the covenants had to wait 40 years to fully be under the covenant given to them.

It's even more confusing when the New Covenant was given, because at the time, the Old Covenant was in place. Thus, the overlap of the covenants.

john w

Hall of Fame
I understand the law.

By understanding it, there is no way it can be in place today.

Paul explains it in Galatians 5

No scripture uses the term "in place."

You: The law must not exist, for one not to be under it. Thus, the only way citizens of the US can be excluded from being "under," in the sense of its jurisdiction/authority, "subject" to the laws of foreign countries, is if those foreign country laws do not exist.

That is your "argument," the same "reasoning" for you insisting that the law of God must not exist, so that we cannot be judged by it, so that we cannot be condemned by it. You "reason" that the problem is not with us, and the resulting consequences of breaking law-you assert that the problem is with the law.

You, like Pate, assert that the "solution" to the sin problem, is not that the Saviour died to pay the penalty, "fine," sin debt, "died for our sins according to scripture," taking the corresponding judgment/condemnation in our stead, resulting from us breaking, by definition,His EXISTING good, spiritual, holy law; Nea, your "argument" is that the solution is to make void that same good, holy, spiritual law of His, so that there is no resulting transgression/sin/offense, since "sin is the transgression of the law," and thus there is no resulting sin debt, no resulting judgment/condemnation to be charged to us, and thus no sin debt, for which He might die. Thus, your argument, solution, makes His death1.unnecessary in vain. The LORD God could have just made void, destroyed His own law, with the snap of His fingers, without having to send His Christ. But that would not be justice, and He is a LORD God of justice, not lawlessness. And no scripture expounds that Him destroying His own law, affects us being saved, much less "how." In contrast, "woven" through the book, in detail, the doctrines of propitiation, reconciliation, atonement, substitution, identification,.....are expounded, all based upon the premise, that we have "come short," and are guilty, as charged, of breaking again, by definition, His good, holy, spiritual law, and that "problem" is with us, not the law, and the sin debt, the "IOU," the "bond indenture," we incur, is contrary to us, and the deserved condemnation/judgment. Thus, the "good news," as pertaining to our dilemma, our salvation, the gospel of Christ......He died for our sins, paying the resulting sin debt, IOU, we deserve, in our place, for breaking His always existing holy, good, spiritual law.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To uphold the Law administered you mean?

When did the priesthood change from Levitical to Melchizedek?

Or you mean from NT priests to the one administering sunday power hours...

In the New Covenant Christ Jesus is the High Priest. Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are His priests.

(1 Peter 2:5) Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Scripture makes it clear that the law was annulled:

(Heb 7:18) For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

an·nul
/əˈnəl/Submit
verb
declare invalid (an official agreement, decision, or result).
"the elections were annulled by the general amid renewed protests"
synonyms: declare invalid, declare null and void, nullify, invalidate, void, disallow; More
declare (a marriage) to have had no legal existence.

clefty

You're missing the typology.
sigh...

When both the old and new covenants were given, each generation that received the covenants had to wait 40 years to fully be under the covenant given to them.
that first generation received the covenant at Sinai the SAME covenant throughout the OT...they failed the Law they perished the covenant abolished NOT THE LAW

We receive the new covenant when reborn when we HEAR IT...the GOSPEL...its LAW ESTABLISHED...no need to wait 40 years to go from unsaved to IN HIM...

It's even more confusing when the New Covenant was given, because at the time, the Old Covenant was in place. Thus, the overlap of the covenants.

It’s even more confusing when you wish to do everything anything possible to avoid one LAW... the seventh day Sabbath...

No christian I know worships another god makes idols blasphemes his name purposely dishonors parents steals murders commit adultery LIES or covets...I am being generous obviously...

So that is 9 they WANT to keep...

1 remains missing...changed...abolished...not applicable

And here because of that ALL OF IT...off the rails...histrionics rationalizing philosophizing torturing text and slandering Paul...just like the jews in the NT...false witnessing with claiming Yahushua changed the customs of Moses...Luke was clear it was FALSE WITNESS by slandering jews...and now that remains the basis for christendom...jews have law...we have christ and remain lawless

Isaiah says in the future from Sabbath to Sabbath...

Hebrews says His people have a sabbatismos

Lord of the Sabbath...hmmm Lord of the rings...Lord of London...why would the former destroy the rings...or the latter London...the very things that give them authority...

Good grief...

Here are they that do what?

Have which faith? Buddha? Islam?

Robert Pate

Banned

You: The law must not exist, for one not to be under it. Thus, the only way citizens of the US can be excluded from being "under," in the sense of its jurisdiction/authority, "subject" to the laws of foreign countries, is if those foreign country laws do not exist.

That is your "argument," the same "reasoning" for you insisting that the law of God must not exist, so that we cannot be judged by it, so that we cannot be condemned by it. You "reason" that the problem is not with us, and the resulting consequences of breaking law-you assert that the problem is with the law.

You, like Pate, assert that the "solution" to the sin problem, is not that the Saviour died to pay the penalty, "fine," sin debt, "died for our sins according to scripture," taking the corresponding judgment/condemnation in our stead, resulting from us breaking, by definition,His EXISTING good, spiritual, holy law; Nea, your "argument" is that the solution is to make void that same good, holy, spiritual law of His, so that there is no resulting transgression/sin/offense, since "sin is the transgression of the law," and thus there is no resulting sin debt, no resulting judgment/condemnation to be charged to us, and thus no sin debt, for which He might die. Thus, your argument, solution, makes His death1.unnecessary in vain. The LORD God could have just made void, destroyed His own law, with the snap of His fingers, without having to send His Christ. But that would not be justice, and He is a LORD God of justice, not lawlessness. And no scripture expounds that Him destroying His own law, affects us being saved, much less "how." In contrast, "woven" through the book, in detail, the doctrines of propitiation, reconciliation, atonement, substitution, identification,.....are expounded, all based upon the premise, that we have "come short," and are guilty, as charged, of breaking again, by definition, His good, holy, spiritual law, and that "problem" is with us, not the law, and the sin debt, the "IOU," the "bond indenture," we incur, is contrary to us, and the deserved condemnation/judgment. Thus, the "good news," as pertaining to our dilemma, our salvation, the gospel of Christ......He died for our sins, paying the resulting sin debt, IOU, we deserve, in our place, for breaking His always existing holy, good, spiritual law.

Wow! All of that and 0 scripture. John W. wants to be a Bible teacher without the Bible.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It’s even more confusing when you wish to do everything anything possible to avoid one LAW... the seventh day Sabbath...

I'm not under the Law of Moses. I don't have to keep Sabbath, I don't have to let my land rest every 7 years, or forgive people who owe me money every 7 years. I don't have to observe Jubilee every 50 years.

I don't have to make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem 3 times a year. I could go on, and on about all the things I don't have to do under the Law, because I'm not under the law.

clefty

I'm not under the Law of Moses. I don't have to keep Sabbath, I don't have to let my land rest every 7 years, or forgive people who owe me money every 7 years. I don't have to observe Jubilee every 50 years.

I don't have to make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem 3 times a year. I could go on, and on about all the things I don't have to do under the Law, because I'm not under the law.

I asked specifically of the 10 which changed? No longer apply...

Which changed when the priests changed?

clefty

The whole law changed, not just parts of it.

The whole law changed.

We now have the law of the spirit filled life in Christ Jesus.

Asking again...how do you NOT want to follow Him His Way...

Which of these do you reject making you less like Him His Way?

Take your time to specify and elaborate the difference between the covenant He signed and sealed teaching and demonstrating it before being killed for it... and the one you want to keep...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Take your time to specify and elaborate the difference between the covenant He signed and sealed teaching and demonstrating it before being killed for it... and the one you want to keep...

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

If you want to learn about the New Covenant, read Paul's epistles.

Jesus was born under the law of Moses, and lived under the law of Moses. The law of Moses is not part of the New Covenant.

Again, the covenant changed, the priesthood changed, and the law changed.

john w

Hall of Fame
(Heb 7:11 KJV) If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

No, Hebrews 7:11 KJV in no way argues that the law and the prophets were done away with, destroyed, no longer exists, as you erroneously interpret the above.

An institution is perfect, or complete, when it effects the purpose for which it was instituted, and produces a result that corresponds to the idea of it. Thus, the purpose of this temporary Levitical priesthood was to remove the "road block," that prevented man from being in God's presence(Romans 15:4 KJV-"The Burning Bush" for our learning lesson),since the # Uno attribute in the book attributed to the LORD God is that He is holy(Survey Isaiah), sin, and provide a way of access for man to that same holy LORD God-thus, a "mediator." The Levitical priesthood could do that in "type," but not in a "complete,"perfect" way-hence, "The Day of Atonement" once a year. The priesthood and the sacrifices were the means, by which the Christ, Messiah, and the "final solution," was directed.

Again, the purpose of this temporary priesthood, was to reconcile men to God through sacrificing for their sins. But this priesthood would merely "picture," as a type, the prophesied, actual reconciliation, because it could only typify cleansing of sin, not the blotting our, removal of sin, not the "taking away of sin into the wilderness, never to return." Thus-imperfection.

Yes, the priesthood of Aaron, and those that followed, was set up to be temporary. The LORD God always intended that the priesthood functions should be abolished when the fullness of time came, with the arrival of the Christ, his Christ,the Messiah, the "perfect" priest to take their place, that would endure forever.

Again-the holy law of God could not atone for sin. The Levitical sacrifices covered over sin,"passed over" sin, as in "time past" the lost children of Israel were given a "temporary stay of execution," but they did not remove it. However, that same law served to enhance one’s awareness of sin, the knowledge of sin, Paul's point Romans7:7-8,Romans 3:20 KJV, i.e., that the Law’s command not to covet made him aware that all he did was covet. As you know, the law served was a teacher, "schoolmaster," per Galatians 3:24 KJV, to bring Paul, the Galatians, the lost, to Christ.. It serves that same purpose today, it exists, although it is powerless, to change us "within," in that it is weakened by the sinful nature, as the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so” (Romans 8:3-7 KJV ). Thus, the law governing the priesthood as found in the Mosaic "economy" was destroyed, abolished, in favor of another, the Lord Jesus Christ's, which would provide for an order of priesthood that would function successfully in the very thing in which the Aaronic priesthood failed.But the holy law of God, including the 10 Commandments, are not abolished, are not destroyed, are not made void(And even in the NC, promised to Israel, those "standards" remained unchanged,this same holy law of God, however, "supernaturally" being written on man's heart),as Paul, over, and over, taught right out of the OT, the holy law of God, affirming it exists, is not void, still has a God designed purpose, and not once, asserted the opposite, nor did he imply it-"God forbid"....

Romans 13 KJV
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 7 KJV

Romans 7 KJV
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 2 KJV
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18 and knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19 and art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 23 thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

1 Corinthians 7 KJV
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Romans 3 KJV

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

....and on, and on, and on...

What was destroyed, replaced was the law pertaining to the Aaronic priesthood, the system of temporary sacrifices, as the "once for all sacrifice," the Lord Jesus Christ, the satisfactory sacrifice(propitiation)has been made, per John 19:30 KJV..................and the required rituals and ceremonies of the Old Covenant, has been set aside.

Tell us why murder is wrong, objectively, and why coveting is wrong, objectively. Tell us Paul learned that coveting is wrong, not by the law.