Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ Jesus completely fulfilled the Old Testament (Old Covenant).

Every prophecy from the Old Testament has been fulfilled.

You can't use the Old Testament for future prophecies.

I take it you are a full preterist.

I believe that there may be some prophecy yet (edit to be) fulfilled, but not pertaining to the prophecies concerning Jesus' first advent.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At least Asher. Judah the southern kingdom had Judah and Benjamin and Levi after the Babylonian captivity. There was Levi with Israel as well. There may be more. Meaning, a position from scripture, having assumed that the northern kingdom Israel had not returned to the land (but they did).

The Samaritan woman said her father was Jacob:

(John 4:12) Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

As we see above, the woman was a descendant of Jacob.

Later, Jesus said the following:

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

So, why would Jesus tell His Disciples not to go amongst the Samaritans, when the Samaritan woman at the well was a descendant of Jacob?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Samaritan woman said her father was Jacob:

(John 4:12) Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

As we see above, the woman was a descendant of Jacob.

Later, Jesus said the following:

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

So, why would Jesus tell His Disciples not to go amongst the Samaritans, when the Samaritan woman at the well was a descendant of Jacob?

There is a reason. I don't remember or know it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is a reason. I don't remember or know it.

(Ezk 23:4) The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.

The woman at the well was a Samaritan.

Jesus instructed His Disciples to only go amongst the Jews in Judah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

(Ezk 23:4) The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem.

The woman at the well was a Samaritan.

Jesus instructed His Disciples to only go amongst the Jews in Judah.

Sounds good.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. We are supposed to be in Jerusalem. There are exceptions for those who cannot travel.

Edit See the book of Acts.

No exceptions:

(Deut 16:16) Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No exceptions:

(Deut 16:16) Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:

Correct. But what could Paul do?

Whether I am in the Diaspora.

And I do observe here in the United States of America. I have been observing for a number of years. I still want to go to Jerusalem. I have been prevented.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe that there may be some prophecy yet (edit to be) fulfilled,

(Matt 5:17) Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus didn't come to partially fulfill the Law and Prophets, He came to fulfill all of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
(Matt 5:17) Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus didn't come to partially fulfill the Law and Prophets, He came to fulfill all of them.

He came to fulfill them is sufficient.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Correct. But what could Paul do?

Paul, like me, lived in the New Covenant.

For those of us in the New Covenant, we are not required to observe the Jewish festivals, and make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem three times a year.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul, like me, lived in the New Covenant.

For those of us in the New Covenant, we are not required to observe the Jewish festivals, and make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem three times a year.

Paul observed in Israel in Jerusalem and out of Israel (outside of Israel) depending on what was going on.

clefty

All scripture was completed before 70AD.
I’ve found scholars which claim otherwise...even as late as 110AD

As for John (who was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD):

(John 21:23) Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

John was still alive when Jesus returned in 70AD
He returned...you mean in John vision? With letters to the seven churches NONE OF WHICH spoke of a 40 year transitional period from old to new...in fact they were each admonished to HEAR the original teachings and to ENDURE in the same faith...in fact manna was even a reward for doing so...some reward a useless relic from a by gone age...or?

Those letters would have been a good time to really punch up that transitional period with instruction the OT is abolished or not applying to the gentiles at those churches...instead its “first love” “persevered””hate the Niccolations””Jews who are not””endure overcome””keep MY works””things remain” etc etc etc

NOTHING there about transitional period or law not applying to gentiles...

clefty

An early concern of the church was meat sacrificed to pagan idols.

Again, there was much confusion during that 40 year overlap of the covenants.

Prolly cuz they didnt know nothing about a 40 year overlap thingy...

Paul even told Corinthians to celebrate the unleavened bread festival with new unleavened bread of spirit and truth...might have been better to tell them dont worry about it goyim...

Instead 4 things required ALREADY required according to Levitical law for goyim to even crowd the synagogues to hear Moses taught every Sabbath...hear things they WANTED to do because of One resurrected...thus believing THAT they WISHED to please Him for THAT so dutifully showed up every Sabbath...

clefty

I've discovered you can't handle them.
lol...

Like I said, you need to spend more time reading Paul.
yup...and specially now since I am hearing it’s “copy me as I DON’T copy Christ”...good grief...

God's moral law is written in the conscience of all men. We were created with His law IN US. Romans 1:19-20KJV

Romans 2:14-15a For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness,​

Which is why ALL MEN are without excuse. We were created with a conscience to know right from wrong...so "all the world" may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
oh sure I agree with Paul...but I notice it is ALL men and nothing about two bodies of followers with two different paths...as if some of us know stealing is wrong and others dont or that murdering is wrong but for others its ok...you know the rest hopefully your inner child can count the 10...

Not in this dispensation. Obedience was required before the obedience of faith in this dispensation of grace.
it was always faith first then works...BY FAITH Noah, BY FAITH Abraham remember? And believing you are a child of his you did works...

As if the believer sleeping with his father’s wife could have claimed “but I’m under grace” or “it’s no sin under this dispensations”...lol

Obedience was required before the first dispensation of grace back in Eden...

If the law was done away or it didnt apply to us or we no longer sinned because...we wouldn’t need grace...

Born into an lawless age of grace alone never needing salvation...no need to be reborn as law dont apply to us...

You cant handle accountability...sinning with license and privilege as if it’s not for us to FOLLOW HIM HIS WAY...

Obedience no longer required in this obedience of faith...lol do you need to or not?

If you dont need to obey you dont need grace...if you need grace and receive it you WANT to obey out of sheer gratitude...

Your clown act is getting very annoying. Knock it off or you'll be a stand up comic without an audience.
knock it off or what?...I am under grace baby...so na na na na naaaa

Your type demand more obedience than ever...

Members of the body have better thing to do than counting to 10. :rolleyes:

Yours seem to have nothing to do...lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul observed in Israel in Jerusalem and out of Israel (outside of Israel) depending on what was going on.

To win Jews over to Jesus.

(1 Cor 9:20) To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I’ve found scholars which claim otherwise...even as late as 110AD

You'll always find scholars who claim "otherwise", no matter what the topic is.

He returned...you mean in John vision?

He returned in judgement.

Jerusalem was completely destroyed, and the generation of Jews who rejected Him were killed. Josephus writes that over 1 million Jews died in Jerusalem during the 3.5 year Roman siege on the city.