Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The questions seem to be:
1. Did he actually shoot this kid in the back while he was trying to get away?
2. Does Missouri law allow him to use lethal force on a fleeing person, and if so, under what circumstances?

His future probably rides on those two things.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
2. Does Missouri law allow him to use lethal force on a fleeing person, and if so, under what circumstances?

His future probably rides on those two things.
From the revised statues:

3. A law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest or in preventing an escape from custody is justified in using deadly force only

(1) When such is authorized under other sections of this chapter; or

(2) When he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested

(a) Has committed or attempted to commit a felony; or

(b) Is attempting to escape by use of a deadly weapon; or

(c) May otherwise endanger life or inflict serious physical injury unless arrested without delay.​

Or, it will be interesting to see the facts/context for the use of force, set out by sworn testimony.

THall

I'm sure there were names, but I was looking at numerous stories and only remember it was from the AP. Signed document? really?

Yes, I know it is hard
for someone like you
to imagine, but Journalists
have names (usually) and
they like to get credit for
their work so they sign their
name to their articles.

THall

I was mostly curious as to whether you knew it.

I teach it
in this state (Missouri)
every time I teach
a S.W.A.T. class where
we are training tactics
that involve use of force.
It is always part of the course.
But then, you would have known
that if you knew anything about
how Officers are trained, which
you don't.

THall

I'll bet the jury makes
it's decision based on
your above point. It is
less confusing than our
use of lethal force statutes.
A simple minded jurist can
apply the golden rule and go
with their dominant emotion.

zoo22

Just another excuse for the jb's to loot liquor stores.

What are "jb's?"

Jungle Bunnies.

Hm. Well, if he has any integrity at all, I'm sure that he'll tell us what he meant.

He must have missed that he'd been asked about it.

And I don't think he'd just make some lame sidestepping insult, change the subject and not tell us exactly what he meant when he said "the jb's." I'm sure he'll want to stand behind what he was saying (well, his abbreviations). That is, if he has any integrity at all.

Many of the blacks in Ferguson are protecting the stores from looters.

It's bad news when looters and vandals take advantage of volatile situations like this or Superbowl wins. It's also bad news when people, for some reason (what the reason might be?), can't separate the vandals and looters from non-violent protesters. I mean, not all hockey fans are violent looting thugs.

Spoiler
thugs.png

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

We got a situation.
Thoughts on this?
I'm sure THall and Christ's Word are too busy stuffing 300 BLK into their ARs on their way to defend the citizens of Ferguson to respond.
Unless they're still holding the line at Bundy's ranch.
Anybody else near the conflict?

I think most observers would agree that this uprising is merely an outward manifestation of the fear and anger within the black minority population. And the ones who destroyed property and set fires are not lefties. They are petty criminals, bored youth and disengaged people.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I teach it in this state (Missouri) every time I teach a S.W.A.T. class where we are training tactics that involve use of force.
Okay. I didn't know you had that affiliation.

It is always part of the course. But then, you would have known that if you knew anything about how Officers are trained, which you don't.
Knowing how officers are trained wouldn't actually give me insight on what you knew unless I was aware of your having had that training at some point. I remember you speaking to a military background of some sort and that's about all I've committed to memory where you're concerned, except for the disgraceful position you took on the dead in that Colorado shooting, of course.

THall

You'd be surprised how uniform most of this is in any number of jurisdictions.

You would be surprised
at how wrong you are.
I have a book published
by the BATF, and the
same sofware tools top
law firms have that allow
you to look at all the gun laws
and use of force laws by
county, city and state. I have
read them all and continue to
study the changes that occur
almost weekly.

This would be a completely
different case if it went down
in the county of Zapata
in the State of Texas.

THall

Okay. I didn't know you had that affiliation.

Knowing how officers are trained wouldn't actually give me insight on what you knew unless I was aware of your having had that training at some point. I remember you speaking to a military background of some sort and that's about all I've committed to memory where you're concerned, except for the disgraceful position you took on the dead in that Colorado shooting, of course.

You have posted in
several threads where
my training background
has been discussed. It is
nice to know you don't
actually read the posts
that you comment on.

Your position on the Aurora
shooting was so romantic and
delusional, so devoid of any sound
tactical principals, I am amazed that
you continue to bring it up, suit yourself.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You have posted in
several threads where
my training background
has been discussed.
I don't commit to memory every assertion made by every poster around here about their background.

It is
nice to know you don't
actually read the posts
that you comment on.
While I freely admit reading most of what you wrote about that issue was a close kin to reading nothing at all, supra.

Your position on the Aurora
shooting was so romantic and
delusional, so devoid of any sound
tactical principals, I am amazed that
you continue to bring it up, suit yourself.
For those who weren't around for it, he and CW felt comfortable describing those who died in that theater shooting while shielding loved ones as "cowards".

My romantic and delusional response? I rebuked him and noted:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

zoo22

You reason as an adolescent,
and are ignorant of the
applicable Missouri law.

No, I don't reason as an adolescent. And I don't purport to be an expert on Missouri law. Get over yourself.

Yes, you do.
Do you need your mommy?

Good for you. "Mommy" insults from the supposed SWAT trainer who's calling other people adolescent. That's just sad.

Here's some reasoning: You're on a public forum, in a discussion about a police officer possibly shooting an unarmed kid in the back and the chaos and anger that's ensued. The two of you, as usual, swaggering around falling over one another, posting about how qualified you are, how you train SWAT teams, or have a manual, CW bleating about how she knows a person who said something, all as if to command some sort of respect; as if you're sharing a knowledge... But out of the other side of your mouths, you're calling people retards, spitting down at them, making "mommy" jokes, and crapping all over anyone you *perceive* as disagreeing with you. Just as you always do. You're a disgrace. It's people like you and CW who give good cops and honorable people in uniform a bad name. It's a shame.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's people like you and CW who give good cops and honorable people in uniform a bad name. It's a shame.

Assuming they really are police officers. For every real one on the net there are probably five poseurs.

Christ's Word

Oh, neither has said they're police officers. (aCW on the other hand, has said he is. I don't know if he's still saying that). I generally accept the careers/roles these two represent themselves as having. The general framework at least. I think there's an incredibly distorted and exaggerated perception of self-importance. Either way, they're toxic people and I think it's a shame that they wrap their poison up in uniform. I think they're both a disgrace. I have plenty of respect for the both the police and for the military. But these two are bad news.

What you call swaggering, normal thinking discerning people call common sense.

You are just a spoiled brat who's ego can't stand to be corrected or proven wrong, like when T said this:

"You could not be more wrong.
The whole thing hinges on
whether a jury believes that
officer Wilson could reasonably
conclude that he was in danger
of receiving great bodily harm or
death from Brown."

T was right, you were wrong, so take your foot out of your mouth and insert some humility, then get over yourself.

zoo22

Assuming they really are police officers. For every real one on the net there are probably five poseurs.

Oh, neither has said they're police officers. I generally accept the careers/roles they represent themselves as having (aCW on the other hand, no). I think there's a delusional sense of self-importance, particularly with CW, but I accept the general framework. And even if I don't believe many of the things CW says (for obvious reasons), I think that she usually believes her stories, and I think there's usually at least some stray root that winds itself back to reality. Whatever. None of that really matters. Either way, they're toxic, and I think it's twisted that they constantly wrap their poison up in the uniform. I think they're both a disgrace. I have plenty of respect for the both the police and for the military. But these two are bad news.

Christian Liberty

Oh, neither has said they're police officers. I generally accept the careers/roles they represent themselves as having (aCW on the other hand, no). There's obviously a delusional perception of self-importance, particularly with CW, but I accept the general framework. And even if I don't believe many of the things CW says (for obvious reasons), I think that she usually believes her stories, and I think there's usually at least some stray root that winds itself back to reality. Whatever. Doesn't matter. Either way, they're toxic people, and I think it's twisted that they constantly wrap their poison up in the uniform. I think they're both a disgrace. I have plenty of respect for the both the police and for the military. But these two are bad news.

Why would you have respect for them? They don't serve you, they serve the government.

I periodically disagree with Christ's Word but I don't see her as being anything like aCW. aCW blindly defends every kind of brutality. He's an authoritarian sociopath, and considering he is a cop I wouldn't be shocked if he had gotten away with killing someone some time in his past.

Christ's Word

For those who weren't around for it, he and CW felt comfortable describing those who died in that theater shooting while shielding loved ones as "cowards".

My romantic and delusional response?

Since you need to go there after embarrassing yourself on the topic of this thread....... For those of you who were not around for the Aurora discussion:

Town Heretic claimed that those who used their bodies to shield there loved ones are heroes. Thall, corrected Town Heretic and told him that true heroes act out of a sense of Agape, not a sense of Phileo. T used the example of a grenade threat in a crowded room. The true hero does the Agape thing and jumps on the grenade, others act out of fear and jump on the one they love the most and freeze, with both usually injured or dead. Town likes to compare the act of Christ to those in the theater that died. It is a false analogy, because Christ did the Agape thing and sacrificed Himself for the good of ALL, not just the one he loved the most. A major point that Town Heretic can't accept because of his emotional baggage and inability to see truth.

This is also why Christ asked Peter do you love me and used the word Agape, and was disappointed that Peter answered with the word Phileo. When Christ used the word love in the verse that Town presented (John 15:13), he the word Agape. As usual THall is right and Town Heretic is out of context and clueless.

IMJerusha

You would be surprised
at how wrong you are.
I have a book published
by the BATF, and the
same sofware tools top
law firms have that allow
you to look at all the gun laws
and use of force laws by
county, city and state. I have
read them all and continue to
study the changes that occur
almost weekly.

In other words, you went to the bookstore and are currently unemployed.