Repentance is Limited to Gods Elect/Chosen !

Brother Ducky

Why does Christ condemn those who can't repent for not repenting?

Perhaps a little silly sounding, but I am inclined to think it is for not repenting. Repentance is demanded by God. If one does not repent, there are consequences for that.

Repentance would hardly be the only thing that we are told to do that we are unable to so do, e.g. be holy as I am holy.

I do not think the requirement to repent is not in force because we can not do so without the direct assistance of God.

eider

Acts 17:30

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Now is this a universal command of God ? Yes by means ! Is it a command for all individuals universal ? No, by no means, its for the Elect or Chosen of God universally, God Spiritual Israel from amongst the jews and Gentiles. Repentance has been granted solely to Israel with the accompanying forgiveness of sins Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince anda Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

"a Saviour to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

But to have us understand that this Israel is #1 Spiritual and #2 Universal reaching into all ethnic groups, we learn this Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.And that is why repentance with remission of sins should be preached universally to all nations Lk 24:46-47

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. Cp Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness/remission of sins.

Now Israel is Gods Chosen, that is Spiritual Israel is, an Israel Chosen in Gods Chosen Christ !

Eph 1:4
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Why..... you quoted many, but you did not quote Jesus once.
So much for your OP...?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrong.

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Brother Ducky

Why would it not be.

I may have made my statement in an overly convoluted manner.

The command to repent is always in force.
The failure to repent will have consequences.
Your inability to repent does not remove either requirements or consequences.
God's giving the ability to repent does not make him unjust because he does not work the same in all.

beloved57

I may have made my statement in an overly convoluted manner.

God's giving the ability to repent does not make him unjust because he does not work the same in all.

Repentance isn't required for all men,,its not for them that are married still to the Law. To them only perfect obedience to the Law is required, that or eternal death.

Jerry Shugart

Yes God made some people for the specific purpose of damning them for their sins justly.

That perfectly sums up the teaching of the Calvinists. In order to believe this nonsense we must somehow trick our mind into believing that the Righteous God, the God of grace, created some men for the express purpose of destroying them!

That is not the Potter of the Bible but instead the god you worship is a mad potter.

beloved57

That perfectly sums up the teaching of the Calvinists. In order to believe this nonsense we must somehow trick our mind into believing that the Righteous God, the God of grace, created some men for the express purpose of destroying them!

That is not the Potter of the Bible but instead the god you worship is a mad potter.

They're called vessels of wrath. God created them to demonstrate His power and wrath Rom 9

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Bible, not calvin, said men don't want to

beloved57

I don't believe you believe in God!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

musterion

If we define repent as "change your mind," then yes, it is.

Assuming all CAN and MAY repent, yes, consequences make sense. But only if.

False.

False.

Imagine condemning Prince Randian for not standing up on two feet and raising his hands. Same thing.

Nanja

Unless a person has been Born of the Spirit, all the works he does, including repentance, are merely works of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Free Willists' are offended by Calvinism in the say way an atheist is offended by God- they don't like the idea of something more sovereign than them :plain:

They don't fear God in the biblical way; instead, they try to tie God down and limit Him.

musterion

Don't think so. But just in case, exactly what is a "cultist?"

Many definitions but a big one is someone with a false concept of God and/or Christ. You defend slanderously false concepts of both...your God lies about who it really loves and your false Christ lies about who it died to save.