Repent and Be Saved

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved

I was told by a Christian the other day that repentance was by necessity vital to the achievement of salvation. I spent some time chewing that cud till the Lord sent me a revelation in terms of a definition. Now, go back to the Christian that made you chew that cud and let him know that repentance is true and necessary but not as sacrifice is concerned.

Repentance is a clear evidence that Jesus did not sacrifice himself so that the sinner should take salvation for granted. If Jesus had sacrificed himself with that purpose, no one would need to repent of sins that had already been forgiven by the sacrifice of Jesus. IOW, to teach repentance in spite of Jesus' sacrifice would be a contradictory move.

Since no one is allowed to sacrifice himself for the sins of another, repentance is back by necessity because responsibility is back with the sinner. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A sinner should repent of their sins. So also a person who lives a righteous life and then sins. Who is saved, the righteous... the sinner... or the person who repents?

Is there such a thing as repentance that leads to salvation? How does a person know if they have been truly saved?

Even the person who appears to live righteously but lacks both repentance and faith... he is not saved.

Truster

Repentance is a grace and as such is among the gifts necessary for salvation. It is a requirement, but repentance is not inherent in man.Repentance is worked in a man as is trust.

I have only once heard anyone give a true and comprehensive definition of ''repentance''. By comprehensive I do not mean a Google definition.

Bradley D

Since no one is allowed to sacrifice himself for the sins of another, repentance is back by necessity because responsibility is back with the sinner. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

These two scriptures do not say no one is allowed to sacrifice themselves for the sins of another. One could not blame the father for his children's sins nor a person blame another.

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

1 - A sinner should repent of their sins. So also a person who lives a righteous life and then sins. Who is saved, the righteous... the sinner... or the person who repents?

2 - Is there such a thing as repentance that leads to salvation? How does a person know if they have been truly saved?

3 - Even the person who appears to live righteously but lacks both repentance and faith... he is not saved.

1 - Sorry Untellectual, but you are simply complicating the paradox. The righteous for being righteous has nothing to repent for; and the one who repents exposes the sacrifice of Jesus to meaninglessness. Only the sinner needs to repent.

2 - Yes, if the sinner takes upon him or herself the responsibility for his or her sins.

3 - Here, you are back to the contradictory position as we are not dealing with a hypothetical case but facts of life. Salvation comes as a result of repentance followed by the works of the Law. ((James 2:26)

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

Repentance is a grace and as such is among the gifts necessary for salvation. It is a requirement, but repentance is not inherent in man.Repentance is worked in a man as is trust.

I have only once heard anyone give a true and comprehensive definition of ''repentance''. By comprehensive I do not mean a Google definition.

So, why did Jesus sacrifice himself for? Repentance does not go along with the sacrifice of Jesus. Hence, Prophet Isaiah described salvation as the taking over of responsibility, by using one's Freewill to set things right with the Lord so that Our sins from scarlet red becomes as white as snow. How? By repenting, and returning to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

These two scriptures do not say no one is allowed to sacrifice themselves for the sins of another. One could not blame the father for his children's sins nor a person blame another.

Jeremiah 31:30 - "But every one shall die for his own iniquity." There you go for the first one in Jer. 31:30."

Ezekiel 18:20 - "The soul that sins it shall die." And for the second one too. I hope you will never forget these two scriptures.

Last edited:

Truster

So, why did Jesus sacrifice himself for? Repentance does not go along with the sacrifice of Jesus. Hence, Prophet Isaiah described salvation as the taking over of responsibility, by using one's Freewill to set things right with the Lord so that Our sins from scarlet red becomes as white as snow. How? By repenting, and returning to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

You seemed to be confused between repentance and redemption.

egyptianmuslim

Repent and Be Saved

I was told by a Christian the other day that repentance was by necessity vital to the achievement of salvation. I spent some time chewing that cud till the Lord sent me a revelation in terms of a definition. Now, go back to the Christian that made you chew that cud and let him know that repentance is true and necessary but not as sacrifice is concerned.

Repentance is a clear evidence that Jesus did not sacrifice himself so that the sinner should take salvation for granted. If Jesus had sacrificed himself with that purpose, no one would need to repent of sins that had already been forgiven by the sacrifice of Jesus. IOW, to teach repentance in spite of Jesus' sacrifice would be a contradictory move.

Adam is the 1st one spoke to God to reprent his sin, we muslims ask and pray to God to reprent our sins but I read in Judaism that making sacrifice is important is it true.?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 - Sorry Untellectual, but you are simply complicating the paradox. The righteous for being righteous has nothing to repent for; and the one who repents exposes the sacrifice of Jesus to meaninglessness. Only the sinner needs to repent.

2 - Yes, if the sinner takes upon him or herself the responsibility for his or her sins.

3 - Here, you are back to the contradictory position as we are not dealing with a hypothetical case but facts of life. Salvation comes as a result of repentance followed by the works of the Law. ((James 2:26)

Are you a righteous person?

Yeshua was righteous. He never sinned.

If any person has ever sinned, he or she can repent of their sin.

Salvation is not found by anyone apart from Yeshua.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

How can you repent of sins already committed, except by not doing it again. We are forgiven because of Jesus Christ, we don't dwell on past sin, Ben.

Jamie Gigliotti

Forgiveness is for past sins; Repentence is turning away from sin and towards God, desiring to not sin.

Jesus's sacrafice forgives sin, and His love and presence and forgiveness move us to turn to Him and away from sin.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Forgiveness is for past sins; Repentence is turning away from sin and towards God, desiring to not sin.

Jesus's sacrafice forgives sin, and His love and presence and forgiveness move us to turn to Him and away from sin.

Right, repentance is a change of mind and behavior.

re·pent·ance
rəˈpentəns/
noun
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"
synonyms: remorse, contrition, contriteness, penitence, regret, ruefulness, remorsefulness, shame, guilt
"her lack of repentance angered them"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:2 NKJV)​

Repentance is based on a sense of shame and everlasting contempt for past actions.

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

You seemed to be confused between repentance and redemption.

Absolutely not! I am not at all confused. I am well aware of what I am saying. The Scriptures give me no reason to doubt. Repentance is to take responsibility for your own sins and redemption is what we Jews celebrate every year with the Yom Kippur in memory of the sacrifice Israel made to redeem Judah. Not conscious of what was happening but all the same, redemption aka Yom Kuppur. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

Adam is the 1st one spoke to God to reprent his sin, we muslims ask and pray to God to reprent our sins but I read in Judaism that making sacrifice is important is it true.?

No, it is not. If it was important to make sacrifices, Prophet Jeremiah would not have declared that Yahweh never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the Faith of Israel. (Jer. 7:22) We don't pray to the Lord to repent of our sins. Repentance is an act of freewill. Either we repent or we do not. If the Lord is the one Who causes us to repent, we are acting like a robot and not a human being with Freewill.

beloved57

Absolutely not! I am not at all confused. I am well aware of what I am saying. The Scriptures give me no reason to doubt. Repentance is to take responsibility for your own sins and redemption is what we Jews celebrate every year with the Yom Kippur in memory of the sacrifice Israel made to redeem Judah. Not conscious of what was happening but all the same, redemption aka Yom Kuppur. (Psalm 78:67-70)

Do yall worship a golden calf when yall celebrate ?:think:

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

1 - Are you a righteous person?

2 - Yeshua was righteous. He never sinned.

3 - If any person has ever sinned, he or she can repent of their sin.

4 - Salvation is not found by anyone apart from Yeshua.

1 - If I believe that repentance is necessary for righteousness, it means that there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Eccles. 7:20)

2 - No, he was not. He was a man upon earth and if you read Mat. 23:13-33, he broke the Golden Rule 15 times only in that text when he cursed the Jewish authorities with being hypocrites and brood of vipers. Would have he liked to be treated that way? I didn't think so. So, he could not have treated others the way he would not have liked to be equally treated. Mind you that the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue.

3 - Every single person can repent of his or her sins. He or she has only to want. That's called Freewill.

4 - Yeshua is dead and the dead has no longer any thing to do with salvation. You are forgetting that Yeshua was a Jew whose Faith denied that once dead, no one can ever return from the grave. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

How can you repent of sins already committed, except by not doing it again. We are forgiven because of Jesus Christ, we don't dwell on past sin, Ben.

That's what repentance is all about; from sins already committed. We are forgiven because we have repented and returned to the obedience of God's Law.

Ben Masada

Repent and Be Saved.

Repent and Be Saved.

Absolutely not! Only repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law cause our sins to be forgiven. According to the Prophets of the Lord, no one can be sacrificed for the sins of another.(Jer.31:30; Ezek.18:20)