RELIGION: Man's spiritual preoccupation with himself, who is a sinner.

Prizebeatz1

One of Satan's greatest tools is subjectiveism. If he can get people to focus on themselves who are sinners, instead of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, then he has accomplished his purpose. The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others hate the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is because it is not about them. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ. HIS life, HIS death, HIS resurrection, HIS ascension into heaven, HIS position at the right hand of God, HIS doing, HIS dying, and HIS coming again. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about us in the Gospel. In the Gospel we are the sinners and Christ is the savior. We are the benefactors of the Gospel.

The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others love their religion is because it is about them. You will not hear anything from these religions about how Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Nor will you hear anything about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5, and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

In this scripture we are taught that we have been justified by faith. Which really means that we have been justified by Christ. It is the work of Christ that justifies us, not our faith. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

Jesus is our justifier. Not Calvinism or the Catholic church. No one can justify themselves by what they do because everyone is a sinner, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him. If anyone goes to heaven it will have to be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not on our merit.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we... Matthew 7:21, 23.

They thought that it was all about them. They thought that it was about their life, their righteousness, their death to sin, their Christian life, their works, their obedience, their piety, They were trusting in themselves and then they will hear those dreadful words... "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Jesus never knew them because they had never called upon him to save them.

I call your bluff on this one. This is a man-made interpretation that subconsciously convinces us that we are worthless. It comes from the personality which then calls over his friends and they have a party. This interpretation misses the point that we are one with God because of the soul. Without the soul we lack real self-worth and try to compensate with belief in Jesus for example. The fact that we hang on so hard to such beliefs is symptomatic evidence that we feel the need to hang on to something to make ourselves feel better. No matter how good we think that something is, it is bondage and not the infinite liberation and eternal freedom which comes from the soul.

Notice the levels of fear that are experienced when we let go of whatever it is we are holding onto. That fear does not come from God but from the enemy. The reason we are hanging onto Jesus is fear of experiencing what is infinite and eternal and the unconscious pleasure we get from the foundation of the personality. It makes us comfortable, provides security, and stability. We judge lack of these qualities as bad and will do anything to avoid it including forfeiting our own soul and therefore rejecting our own value and living our lives with the feeling of worthlessness. Do we suppose God wants us to feel worthless and then act like it's okay and pass along this same permission to our children and the future generations? This theme of worthlessness has plagued humanity and ravaged mankind for such a long time we think it's normal. I'm here to say that it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Prizebeatz1

Outside of man's relationship to God and his Son Jesus Christ he is worthless.

Our self worth comes from who we are related to.

Those that have trusted Christ as their savior are now Son's of God, Romans 8:14.

Before that they are nothing more than fuel for the fire.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is your problem. The free gift of salvation is already yours, but you can't believe it or receive it.

Well, that's okay, you and others claim Jesus did it all for us so we can just sit and sip our Long Island Iced Tea and listen to a Bob Seger CD. Yeah, I like that old time rock and roll.

Prizebeatz1

Prizebeatz1

Outside of man's relationship to God and his Son Jesus Christ he is worthless.

Our self worth comes from who we are related to.

Those that have trusted Christ as their savior are now Son's of God, Romans 8:14.

Before that they are nothing more than fuel for the fire.

What you said is true but not literally so I call your bluff again. Real self-worth is unconditional. The self-worth of the ego is dependent on some event in time, on how well one can abide by the rules or the standards, on the strength of the ego's ability to hold onto a belief, it's always something. Notice how badly the personality is dependent on being dependent. That is the prison. The soul is one with infinite liberation and eternal self-worth without lifting a finger because it is one with God.

Robert Pate

Banned
What you said is true but not literally so I call your bluff again. Real self-worth is unconditional. The self-worth of the ego is dependent on some event in time, on how well one can abide by the rules or the standards, on the strength of the ego's ability to hold onto a belief, it's always something. Notice how badly the personality is dependent on being dependent. That is the prison. The soul is one with infinite liberation and eternal self-worth without lifting a finger because it is one with God.

We are born into the world as sinners. Totally and completely alienated from God.

Real self worth is only based upon your relationship to God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Man in and of himself has no self worth.

Unless you are born again and receive the Holy Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23. You are nothing but grass, 1 Peter 1:24.

Prizebeatz1

We are born into the world as sinners. Totally and completely alienated from God.

Real self worth is only based upon your relationship to God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Man in and of himself has no self worth.

Unless you are born again and receive the Holy Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23. You are nothing but grass, 1 Peter 1:24.

Do you honestly believe a newborn baby has sinned? How can one know God if they don't know the soul? Is it more probable that we can get to God through the literal version of Jesus or is it more likely Jesus is symbolism for the infinite, eternal and unconditional part of us? What are the chances between the two options? Be honest.

Also what are the chances that our relationship to God is oneness? Perhaps this is the essence of the gospel message. God is infinite and eternal. The soul is infinite and eternal. What's the problem? Does this truth challenge what we have been taught? Maybe we need to admit we didn't know any better. It's okay to make a mistake. But to continue to make the same mistake because we are comfortable is a no-no.

The soul is our true identity, not being a Christian. Being Christian is not something bad but it is not who we really are not is it our ultimate identity. It is one of the many layers of who we THINK we are or who we take ourselves to be, namely the personality.

How could oneness with God NOT be what the gospel is trying to say to us? Self-worth cannot come from anywhere outside the self. How is a relationship with Jesus going to resolve this except in that we are one with him? How can this oneness be literal except through the soul? The soul is self-worth in and of itself. This is what Jesus represents. That is not the message they give us with the traditional interpretation of Jesus because the message has been misunderstood.

Also self-worth from outside of ourselves is not self-worth if it is dependent upon conditions that we have to meet. That is actually lack of self-worth.

Sorry so choppy, I'm at work with little chance to edit.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you honestly believe a newborn baby has sinned? How can one know God if they don't know the soul? Is it more probable that we can get to God through the literal version of Jesus or is it more likely Jesus is symbolism for the infinite, eternal and unconditional part of us? What are the chances between the two options? Be honest.

Also what are the chances that our relationship to God is oneness? Perhaps this is the essence of the gospel message. God is infinite and eternal. The soul is infinite and eternal. What's the problem? Does this truth challenge what we have been taught? Maybe we need to admit we didn't know any better. It's okay to make a mistake. But to continue to make the same mistake because we are comfortable is a no-no.

The soul is our true identity, not being a Christian. Being Christian is not something bad but it is not who we really are not is it our ultimate identity. It is one of the many layers of who we THINK we are or who we take ourselves to be, namely the personality.

How could oneness with God NOT be what the gospel is trying to say to us? Self-worth cannot come from anywhere outside the self. How is a relationship with Jesus going to resolve this except in that we are one with him? How can this oneness be literal except through the soul? The soul is self-worth in and of itself. This is what Jesus represents. That is not the message they give us with the traditional interpretation of Jesus because the message has been misunderstood.

Also self-worth from outside of ourselves is not self-worth if it is dependent upon conditions that we have to meet. That is actually lack of self-worth.

Sorry so choppy, I'm at work with little chance to edit.

You apparently don't know much about babies or little children.

They are the most narcisstic little demons on the face of the earth. I know because I have raised three of them. When they become teenagers some of them go completely insane. Please don't try to convince me that these children are born with the Holy Spirit, what they are born with is the spirit of the devil himself.

Your whole doctrine is based upon the false premise that we are born with a oneness with God, which is totally false.

it appears to me that you have never made a profession of faith in Christ.

Samie

Robert said: We are born into the world as sinners. Totally and completely alienated from God.

From the Bible: God made man UPRIGHT. Eccl 7:29

Since the Bible cannot be wrong, and granting that Robert is right then since God made man upright, then the UPRIGHT is born into the world as sinners, totally and completely alienated from God.

That's the result of one's theology when one believes in Augustine instead of in what the Bible says.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert said: We are born into the world as sinners. Totally and completely alienated from God.

From the Bible: God made man UPRIGHT. Eccl 7:29

Since the Bible cannot be wrong, and granting that Robert is right then since God made man upright, then the UPRIGHT is born into the world as sinners, totally and completely alienated from God.

That's the result of one's theology when one believes in Augustine instead of in what the Bible says.

You can make the Bible say almost anything that you want it to say. The final test is it according to the Spirit of God.

John encourages us to try the Spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1.

You do not have the Spirit of God.

Samie

You can make the Bible say almost anything that you want it to say. The final test is it according to the Spirit of God.

John encourages us to try the Spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1.

You do not have the Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit does not contradict what Jesus said. Since you don't believe Jesus when He said APART from Him, man can do NOTHING, whose spirit is in you?

But I believe in what Jesus said, ergo, the HS is in me. Simple, isn't it, Robert?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit does not contradict what Jesus said. Since you don't believe Jesus when He said APART from Him, man can do NOTHING, whose spirit is in you?

But I believe in what Jesus said, ergo, the HS is in me. Simple, isn't it, Robert?

You are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith, which is the foundation of the church.