RELIGION: Man's spiritual preoccupation with himself, who is a sinner.

Robert Pate

Banned
One of Satan's greatest tools is subjectiveism. If he can get people to focus on themselves who are sinners, instead of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, then he has accomplished his purpose. The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others hate the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is because it is not about them. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ. HIS life, HIS death, HIS resurrection, HIS ascension into heaven, HIS position at the right hand of God, HIS doing, HIS dying, and HIS coming again. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about us in the Gospel. In the Gospel we are the sinners and Christ is the savior. We are the benefactors of the Gospel.

The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others love their religion is because it is about them. You will not hear anything from these religions about how Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Nor will you hear anything about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5, and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

In this scripture we are taught that we have been justified by faith. Which really means that we have been justified by Christ. It is the work of Christ that justifies us, not our faith. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

Jesus is our justifier. Not Calvinism or the Catholic church. No one can justify themselves by what they do because everyone is a sinner, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him. If anyone goes to heaven it will have to be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not on our merit.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we... Matthew 7:21, 23.

They thought that it was all about them. They thought that it was about their life, their righteousness, their death to sin, their Christian life, their works, their obedience, their piety, They were trusting in themselves and then they will hear those dreadful words... "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Jesus never knew them because they had never called upon him to save them.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
One of Satan's greatest tools is subjectiveism. If he can get people to focus on themselves who are sinners, instead of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, then he has accomplished his purpose. The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others hate the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is because it is not about them. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ. HIS life, HIS death, HIS resurrection, HIS ascension into heaven, HIS position at the right hand of God, HIS doing, HIS dying, and HIS coming again. There is nothing, absolutely nothing about us in the Gospel. In the Gospel we are the sinners and Christ is the savior. We are the benefactors of the Gospel.

The reason that Calvinist, Catholics and others love their religion is because it is about them. You will not hear anything from these religions about how Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Nor will you hear anything about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5, and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

In this scripture we are taught that we have been justified by faith. Which really means that we have been justified by Christ. It is the work of Christ that justifies us, not our faith. Faith is what makes the Gospel ours.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

Jesus is our justifier. Not Calvinism or the Catholic church. No one can justify themselves by what they do because everyone is a sinner, Romans 3:23. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him. If anyone goes to heaven it will have to be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not on our merit.

They thought that it was all about them. They thought that it was about their life, their righteousness, their death to sin, their Christian life, their works, their obedience, their piety, They were trusting in themselves and then they will hear those dreadful words... "Depart from me, I never knew you" Matthew 7:23.

Pate,

Preaching it from the depths of the Spirit of Jesus! What are you going to do when they show up to your door to crucify you? 😉

Amen. Now that's hard gospel preaching!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

That's right.
honeybadger.gif
I'll live my life and add a little Jesus on the side.
elvis.gif
The high theologians of TOL
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
are going to be shocked--shocked when they do not go in the rapture. Maybe they'll do better :idunno: without their head.
rollface.gif

For if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons (Ro 8:13–14).

Robert Pate

Banned
That's right.
honeybadger.gif
I'll live my life and add a little Jesus on the side.
elvis.gif
The high theologians of TOL
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
are going to be shocked--shocked when they do not go in the rapture. Maybe they'll do better :idunno: without their head.
rollface.gif

For if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons (Ro 8:13–14).

Right, To be led by the Spirit is to be led by the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Because of Christ we will be able to stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
When is this judgment? I want to be there.

Don't worry, you will be there, Romans 2:16.

In the judgment some will be sitting and some will be standing. From reading your post and what you believe it appears to me that you will be standing.

The purpose of the judgment is to determine if you have saving faith in Christ. Saving faith is a faith that is 100% dependent upon the work and the person of Jesus Christ for their salvation. I don't think that you are there. You appear to be trusting in your good works and in your obedience to the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
What law are you referring to?

There is only one law, God's Law.

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

The law is also spiritual, it searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

This is why the whole world stands guilty before God and why no one can be justified by the law, Romans 3:19, 20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one law, God's Law.

Robert, you need to catch up, sin was in the world long before Christ gave the Father's law to the firstborn son.

Jesus said, "For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ’ and will deceive many." (Matthew 24:5)

Epoisses

Robert, you need to catch up, sin was in the world long before Christ gave the Father's law to the firstborn son.

Jesus said, "For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ’ and will deceive many." (Matthew 24:5)

The law of the Spirit has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Jamie is yoked to the law of sin and death.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Good point, Robert. Jesus did the law and look what it got him.

Immortality.

Jesus was the end of Manmade religion.

He is our religion of Unconditional Love per James 2.

His Love is our commission.

If anything gets in the way of this, the Wheat and the Wine are being tainted by man.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

And indeed they keep coming to corrupt the simple purity of the Gospel.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary