Reformed Theology: Somewhere Between..

ARMcCarley

Please be respectful and do not disrespect anyone(no matter their comments)

So, about a year ago a good friend of mine introduced reformed theology to me. My first thought was,"ummm what?", but as he explainned the thought behind it, the more I could see some agreement I have always had. I do no not hold to all five points of Calvinism. The truth is im torn between.

Any thoughts on reformed theology?

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

So, about a year ago a good friend of mine introduced reformed theology to me. My first thought was,"ummm what?", but as he explainned the thought behind it, the more I could see some agreement I have always had. I do no not hold to all five points of Calvinism. The truth is im torn between.

Yes ! You should speak immediately to a member here named AMR (Ask Mr. Religion). He is very knowledgeable and can answer all of your questions.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Yes, it's reformed- As in, it is the undoing of all the centuries of heresy.

People like assume control.. while saying that God is control. They say they chose God.. but it was the predisposition God put one in that made one choose.

Calvinism is the Gospel. Predestination and the elect are mentioned all through the Scriptures, and it's because there was a belief among the authors themselves that God decides all things. They would be skeptical of Arminian ideology before they ever would Calvinism, I can guarantee it.

Truster

Reformed theology is just another idol. People who have an interest in religion move from one denomination to another and thus change their theology. The move from one theology to another does have an effect, but it is an emotional effect that is fueled by pride. People tend to arrive at ''reformed theology'' and get stuck in it.

I'm not saying that reformed theology is devoid of truth, but the mixture of law and grace that is promoted, is as deadly as any sin of the flesh.

If you do get caught up in it, but you are by regeneration, an heir of grace, the Great Shepherd of the flock will not leave you there. He will come and lead you out.

''I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments''.

If you are not regenerate, then you are in the broad way that leads to destruction, no theology will help you.

''.....for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:''

The wide gate is the gate of denominations and therefore denominational theology.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
tulip is nonsense
you can't support it
and
that starts with total depravity
just go up to anyone
and
tell them they are totally depraved
then
tell them election is unconditional
so
it doesn't matter what you do

give me a break
how does anyone come up with this stuff?

The churches who adhere to Reformed doctrine are just like any other Christian and believe in good fruits and faith.
You all simply make a delusional misrepresentation of it, only seeing it the way you want to see it. Calvinism is a very graceful and fulfilling set of beliefs- not the theologically unsound, flip flopping shenanigans of others. You all change out like socks: one day a sinner, another a saint. Or where one doctrine fails, another comes and saves the day- it's all nonsense. Only TULIP is real.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The churches who adhere to Reformed doctrine are just like any other Christian and believe in good fruits and faith.
You all simply make a delusional misrepresentation of it, only seeing it the way you want to see it. Calvinism is a very graceful and fulfilling set of beliefs, not the theologically incomprehensible, flip flopping shenanigans of others.

what do you think 'unconditional election' means?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
what do you think 'unconditional election' means?

Unconditional election
a reformed doctrine relating to Predestination that describes the actions and motives of God in eternity past, before He created the world, where he predestinated some people to receive salvation, the elect, and the rest he left to continue in their sins and receive the just punishment, eternal damnation, for their transgressions of God's law as outlined in the old and new Testaments of the Bible. God made these choices according to his own purposes apart from any conditions or qualities related to those persons.

All the way from the lineages of the wicked and God's chosen to now, Broseph. Every author of the Bible believed in Unconditional Election.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
so you agree

Isaiah 45:9-10
"Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'? Woe to the one who says to a father, 'What have you begotten?' or to a mother, 'What have you brought to birth?'

Calvinism is laced all up in that, bro.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Isaiah 45:9-10
"Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'? Woe to the one who says to a father, 'What have you begotten?' or to a mother, 'What have you brought to birth?'

Calvinism is laced all up in that, bro.

please answer the question

does it matter what you do?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
please answer the question

does it matter what you do?

Philippians 1:6
"He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Perseverance of the Saints.

Think of it as you will, answer it yourself. The wicked also persevere in wicked works, it's a two way road.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Limited Atonement was and still is one i wrestle with.

Why? Paul says the Lord Jesus Christ died for all sin. Peter says he died for all sin of all time. Death reconciles God and sinners, just like as it is told in that Christmas carol. The cross is not salvation, it is reconciliation. Salvation is a gift. That gift is his life. People still have to accept that gift.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
that is nonsense

why don't you have the guts to say

It's all about what you do, you just weren't born apart from what God predestined.

And
Non-Calvinists are the ones lacking guts, too afraid to call the Gospel what it is.

Last edited: