Redskins

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
indeed he is

and more and more people are starting to realize it

I thought so, but wasn't sure I had remembered correctly. Same tolerant tone, though.

It's unfortunate how Believers have dealt with such issues at either extreme. It's not that difficult to stand for righteousness and still identify sin without personal accusation.

Contributing to the tolerance agenda just makes it more difficult to ever take a stand for God's true righteousness without it being script-flipped into some version of Westboroism.

All these politically correct issues are part and parcel of the same cultural engineering to sculpt a society who can't speak out about truth while demanding everyone is a victim of the spoken word in some fashion.

Breeding a bunch of hyper-sensitive entitled enabled wusses that will accept the abrogation of the Bill of Rights to hide behind a false sense of presumed equity that doesn't exist.

Rubbish. All of it. A false logos of man to supplant the true Rhema of God. Pandering to artificially-heightened sensitivities to exaggerate everything else beyond the truth of God's Word itself.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I have a solution

the Washington Redskins, who chose the team name based on its association with a class of people known as proud, fierce, strong warriors, should make it unequivocally clear that they are not referring to the whiny complainers with easily hurt feelings

problem solved :idunno:

That will not be seen as a "solution" by the politically correct idiots.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought so, but wasn't sure I had remembered correctly. Same tolerant tone, though.
Asking that guy for an opinion about me is like getting an opinion on steak from a Hindu.

It's unfortunate how Believers have dealt with such issues at either extreme.
Nothing extreme about saying your words and your acts should agree.

It's not that difficult to stand for righteousness and still identify sin without personal accusation.
Said the fellow who just wrapped up questioning my faith to the fellow who still hasn't and won't return the favor. :rolleyes: Let's see how hard it is for you in the rest of this...

Contributing to the tolerance agenda just makes it more difficult to ever take a stand for God's true righteousness without it being script-flipped into some version of Westboroism.
There's literally nothing extreme about my approach. I'm not calling for a word to be made illegal, don't support suits for injury over it, haven't called for boycotts, etc.

What I've said is that the evidence is clear about people taking a reasonable exception to it and that those who meant no insult, discovering that they're offering one, should either stop offering it or change their rhetoric.

Now back to that person accusation you worry about.
Breeding a bunch of hyper-sensitive entitled enabled wusses that will accept the abrogation of the Bill of Rights to hide behind a false sense of presumed equity that doesn't exist.
And, of course, I haven't done or supported anything like that. Didn't stop you from trying to lump sum and question faith for our differences.

Rubbish. All of it. A false logos of man to supplant the true Rhema of God. Pandering to artificially-heightened sensitivities to exaggerate everything else beyond the truth of God's Word itself.
Falsity, pandering...you're really struggling with the personal. Or is it okay, easier if you're talking about a group?

I saw a lot of that in my childhood here in the South. It doesn't tend to end well.

That will not be seen as a "solution" by the politically correct idiots.
Idiots. You meant personally accusing idiots, I'm sure. :plain:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And apparently very, very interested in letting me know that. Okay, you're literate. I hold a doctorate in the law. Now let's put away the tape and talk about things that matter.

THAT explains a LOT. And it didn't provide credibility. Quite the contrary. Why would you think a doctorate in prevarication would merit esteem? Statutory law is still the method that strengthens sin, even if it's not the Mosaic ordinances themselves.

EPIC FAIL. All caps. Bolded. Italicized. Underscored. Weird font. Large point-size. Bordered. With Graphics as a Meme.

Rather, they have meaning. How we use them illustrates our intent.

With your high-context native English language, you don't really know much about "meaning", unfortunately. All you've done is compensate with low-context culture and vocation for your high-context language without resolving the true cognitive problems. But you likely don't even know what that means.

Here's the obvious hypothetical unhorsing your advance: I teach a kid to yell the n-word. The kid has no idea what that means, but at the kindergarten the next day he begins yelling it as I've taught him. He offends a great many people. He didn't intend to, yet the offense is genuine.

Now once he realizes what he's done his intent comes into play in terms of what he does or refrains from doing next.

Apples and dump trucks. The term "redskin" has been engineered to be offensive, including coaching Native Americans to BE offended. It's a Hegelian Dialectic to produce a false consensus, etc.

Nobody is teaching people to use the term in society in any manner like your "ni**er" comparison-attempt. Any rational human would see that it's the remaining traditional name of a sports franchise that has a long tenure and named their name in a manner of honor.

Non-sequitur on your alleged "unhorsing". Fail, Counselor Comatose.

And you still haven't answered those questions. The reasonable inference is that you weren't brought up on a reservation and can pass. That would understandably impact both how you see the term and how you identify with the dominant culture or its use.

And how would you realistically project that as a truth for my heart and mind, Professor Presumptuous? I answered with a reference to my family who feels as I do, and they DO qualify for your bogus scenario.

I've never lived on a reservation personally, and I can pass for Indian or Caucasian. That's irrelevant, though I would have previously taken the time to respond directly to that if I'd thought you were actually going to make it a focal point.

Why would you demean my ethnic heritage because I don't look full-blood and live by deserved government subsistence on an assigned land portion? That's racist.

My views represent the uncoached rational Native Americans I've been associated with all my life. Most are proud of their heritage and relish the fact that no other ethnicity could be portrayed as a mascot with any honor. It's one of the few remaining tributes that could possilby compensate for the historical atrocities that are now ancient history and shouldn't be dragged into every conversation, just like blacks and slavery (though the generic term "blacks" will now draw ire).

Native Americans have been cajoled and coerced into adhering to the liberal agenda of making themselves victims and whinebags. Having pride for one's heritage should be based on attributes and accomplishments rather than skin-color.

If we must allow the inevitable encroachment of culture-sculpting in these ways, we should at least "grandfather" certain things in the process. An 80+-year-old sports franchise should get a bye. It's been the defacto precedent for almost every area of judicial law. And the name "redskin" isn't illegal or immoral anyway. In fact, it's the immoral majority who are crying about it, both liberal and conservative.

Every angry young man thinks so. Angry old men too. But words have meaning and how we craft them is a measure of that intent you were so keen on.

Actually, it's a language- and culture-based agenda to the contrary, with the intent of undermining God's Rhema by man's logos. You're complicit in that.

Never said you did. In fact, I said no one is attempting to tell you to be offended. If you aren't you aren't. Fine.

I don't need your approval either way.

Silly bit of hostile nonsense on your part, again.

Nope. The hostility is the agenda of the cultural engineers, to whom you've become subservient beyond your own ability to recognize.

Everyone has their own litmus. Mine is simpler. Who is Christ and what is that to you?

You've given me no reason to consider your "litmus test". It's irrelevant. There's only one Rhema and Logos of God, and it's not what you think or speak according to.

If the answer is your lord and savior, God incarnate who died for your sins then whatever other craziness or mistake either of us may endure or hold, we're of the Body.

Not all who say, "Lord, Lord...". I don't judge you as unsaved. So I wouldn't judge you as saved. I don't want to have double standards.

Your memory is as poor as your judgment is rash. I've done nothing of the sort and like you have no idea what you mean by other issues, which is why I suspect you lacked particular teeth on it.

I'll have to go back and look at some posts, if I think it's worth the time. But another has confirmed, so we'll see. The "lack of teeth" was because I don't wrongly accuse. That's why I qualified my statement with "If I recall...".

I'm sure that's impressive to someone with an undeclared major or concentration, but equating Henothesim with tolerance is an empty sleeve you've yet fill.

Tolerance is passively forcing others to accept standards and beliefs, including spiritual faith, of others. It's the equivalent of demanding that there are other gods; and that Christians can worship their own god and deny any others as real, but must adhere to a practice of allowing those faiths to be somehow valid.

It's a social and cultural form of Henotheism that is very literal with overlap into religious faith or lack thereof.

And, again, you're the one who seems knee deep in your own dogma here and I'm the guy who's saying your words and actions shouldn't war with one another.

What words? I'm simply advocating against the pervasive cultural engineering that is attempting to make everyone into an entitled enabled screaming victim of false accomodation for silliness.

I doubt many schools or organizations are going to adopt any such names for their mascots ever again. The ones that currently exist should be "grandfathered" with no outcry whatsoever.

This has nothing to do with MY words or actions. I'm just pointing out the subtleties of the spirit of antichrist at work in our culture and in the Body of Christ.

In the end, God made different skin colors. It shouldn't matter. The racism is in making it matter. Accomodatin a race is racism. Our culture is eaten alive with racism of the kind that is much more insidious than mascot names.

It's called privilege and entitlement, making enabled victims just because of their skin color. It's racist to cry racist, especially when racIAL isn't inherently the hate-mongering and denegration of TRUE racISM.

You're part of the problem, not part of the solution. And it's too late for the latter anyway.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Asking that guy for an opinion about me is like getting an opinion on steak from a Hindu.

I didn't ask him.

Nothing extreme about saying your words and your acts should agree.

Non-sequitur. I didn't name ANY teams, and don't use the word "redskin". No words to match with actions.

Said the fellow who just wrapped up questioning my faith to the fellow who still hasn't and won't return the favor. :rolleyes: Let's see how hard it is for you in the rest of this...

Me not taking your faith for granted is not me judging it. I don't judge you or others either way.

There's literally nothing extreme about my approach. I'm not calling for a word to be made illegal, don't support suits for injury over it, haven't called for boycotts, etc

Okay. Your perspective is that you're not extreme. Great.

What I've said is that the evidence is clear about people taking a reasonable exception to it and that those who meant no insult, discovering that they're offering one, should either stop offering it or change their rhetoric.

I don't know anyone using the term "redskin", especially anything like your bogus "ni**er" example. It's not even a term in mainstream usage.

And it's all about changing the logos of man instead of adhering to God's Rhema. You don't even know what is being culturally engineered or why. The provocateurs don't care anything about specific words and their meanings. They just want to continue the high-context process of man's mind not adhering to God's Rhema.

You have literally no clue what I'm speaking of.

Now back to that person accusation you worry about.

Not.

And, of course, I haven't done or supported anything like that. Didn't stop you from trying to lump sum and question faith for our differences.

Maybe not actively or intentionally. I wouldn't know.

Falsity, pandering...you're really struggling with the personal. Or is it okay, easier if you're talking about a group?

You might want to remember that some of us consider an entire audience of readership AND a general topic when responding personally. Everything I've said TO you isn't always ABOUT you to the greatest extent. Some of us cover a range of bases in communication on a public venue.

I saw a lot of that in my childhood here in the South. It doesn't tend to end well.

Native Americans and "African Americans" aren't about the same issues. Lumping them together is racist.

Idiots. You meant personally accusing idiots, I'm sure. :plain:

I made a general statement that may include you and may include anyone else. The criteria was in the sentence, to be applied to whomever.

Even when responding to you, you're not the center of the universe. I always have the topic in mind.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I didn't ask him.
A bit literal as well as literary then.

Non-sequitur. I didn't name ANY teams, and don't use the word "redskin". No words to match with actions.
Seriously literal. The pronoun was used more widely, as in, "If one were to..." And it's an odd reading given your complaint toward the end of this about audiences and the like.

Me not taking your faith for granted is not me judging it. I don't judge you or others either way.
You've raised it into question multiple times. It's there for the reader, you owning that or not. If you're uncomfortable with it you should probably refrain from doing that, as you should refrain from personal comments if you're going to lament personal accusations and ascribe them to others.

Okay. Your perspective is that you're not extreme. Great.
I'm extreme if you find someone suggesting a want of hypocrisy is extreme. Sure.

I don't know anyone using the term "redskin", especially anything like your bogus "ni**er" example. It's not even a term in mainstream usage.
Then you should get more information. Read the court holding I linked to that considered historical evidence relating to the period of the patent and then consider the studies I linked to. You won't find me asserting that the n-word is the same animal as redskin, except that they both offend people and do so reasonably. I've also noted some blacks use the n-word and aren't offended by it, though mostly within the group, paralleling the majority of Native American reaction in that last and most recent study I linked to.

And it's all about changing the logos of man instead of adhering to God's Rhema.
No idea how you think that applies and given the lack of illustration or support I'll take it as evidence of an interest in theological parlance and continue.

You don't even know what is being culturally engineered or why.
I already understood how much you think of your opinion and how little of any contrary, even if I have no idea as to why that's so or how you internally justify that bit of hubris.

The provocateurs don't care anything about specific words and their meanings.
Rather, a large group of people are offended by a term often used to do precisely that. So instead of trying to recoin or rehabilitate it, why not choose to let it go the way of any number of words we no longer carry forward?

They just want to continue the high-context process of man's mind not adhering to God's Rhema.
So you keep declaring. Beans and horsefeathers. An empty sleeve. Put something in it and it might be worth knocking around.

You have literally no clue what I'm speaking of.
Oh, I think you're being entirely too modest.

Nice dodge of nearly every counter, response and inquiry though. :plain:

Your grad thesis?

You might want to remember that some of us consider an entire audience of readership AND a general topic when responding personally.
I believe I noted that you like to offer insult lump sum, that you express your belief in advancing stereotypes with aplomb. If not, I meant to. :)

Everything I've said TO you isn't always ABOUT you to the greatest extent. Some of us cover a range of bases in communication on a public venue.
This might surprise you, but if you lump sum me then the insult is as much about me as it is about the whole.

Native Americans and "African Americans" aren't about the same issues. Lumping them together is racist.
That's literally gibberish at the end or you need a new dictionary. But to compare the principle as I saw it isn't racist if it's a reasonable parallel, which I take it to be and you'll have to come up with an argument to demonstrate the insufficiency you appear to feel is in play.

I made a general statement that may include you and may include anyone else. The criteria was in the sentence, to be applied to whomever.
Supra.

Even when responding to you, you're not the center of the universe.
No, I'm the other half of the conversation.

I always have the topic in mind.[
That's the spirit. Now you only need to get a firmer grasp of the fundamentals of even informal debate and we're off to the races, so to speak. :plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
town has been trained to pile on the verbiage in an attempt to obfuscate and confuse the issue at hand

i, on the other hand, have been trained to cut through the crap, identify the issue, clarify it and kill it

i killed town's argument in this thread weeks ago

his response?

to pretend to put me on ignore :darwinsm:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
A bit literal as well as literary then.

Seriously literal. The pronoun was used more widely, as in, "If one were to..." And it's an odd reading given your complaint toward the end of this about audiences and the like.

You've raised it into question multiple times. It's there for the reader, you owning that or not. If you're uncomfortable with it you should probably refrain from doing that, as you should refrain from personal comments if you're going to lament personal accusations and ascribe them to others.

I'm extreme if you find someone suggesting a want of hypocrisy is extreme. Sure.

Then you should get more information. Read the court holding I linked to that considered historical evidence relating to the period of the patent and then consider the studies I linked to. You won't find me asserting that the n-word is the same animal as redskin, except that they both offend people and do so reasonably. I've also noted some blacks use the n-word and aren't offended by it, though mostly within the group, paralleling the majority of Native American reaction in that last and most recent study I linked to.

No idea how you think that applies and given the lack of illustration or support I'll take it as evidence of an interest in theological parlance and continue.

I already understood how much you think of your opinion and how little of any contrary, even if I have no idea as to why that's so or how you internally justify that bit of hubris.

Rather, a large group of people are offended by a term often used to do precisely that. So instead of trying to recoin or rehabilitate it, why not choose to let it go the way of any number of words we no longer carry forward?

So you keep declaring. Beans and horsefeathers. An empty sleeve. Put something in it and it might be worth knocking around.

Oh, I think you're being entirely too modest.

Nice dodge of nearly every counter, response and inquiry though. :plain:

Your grad thesis?

I believe I noted that you like to offer insult lump sum, that you express your belief in advancing stereotypes with aplomb. If not, I meant to. :)

This might surprise you, but if you lump sum me then the insult is as much about me as it is about the whole.

That's literally gibberish at the end or you need a new dictionary. But to compare the principle as I saw it isn't racist if it's a reasonable parallel, which I take it to be and you'll have to come up with an argument to demonstrate the insufficiency you appear to feel is in play.

Supra.

No, I'm the other half of the conversation.

That's the spirit. Now you only need to get a firmer grasp of the fundamentals of even informal debate and we're off to the races, so to speak. :plain:

I see your disconnect. You think I engaged in a dialectic for the sake of debate.

It's virtually impossible for me to debate with someone whose mind and heart are patterned by high-context English concepts into labyrinthian belief systems that are regurged as you've done about this topic.

I was being more didactic and declarative, with no intent to consider your high-context dialectic diatribe.

I don't need to "debate" according to man's logos over God's Rhema. I know exactly what's happening and why, and your hybridized opinions are irrelevant.

Others may partially or totally agree with you and you could come to some consensus to determine perceived authority between you. But I don't do Hegelian Dialectic.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I see your disconnect. You think I engaged in a dialectic for the sake of debate.
Rather I think you either don't understand my position or you're here not so much to address or consider as to be considered tangentially. It's rather hard to tell given how little of what I write you actually end up addressing.

It's virtually impossible for me to debate with someone whose mind and heart are patterned by high-context English concepts into labyrinthian belief systems that are regurged as you've done about this topic.
That's so completely out of line with what I've actually been up to as to make me wonder if you've even read it, or simply waited on the pause, after a fashion, to trot out what appears to be canned mantra.

I was being more didactic and declarative, with no intent to consider your high-context dialectic diatribe.
Rather you're being pretentious and assumptive with nothing by way of illustration or engagement to support the posture...nice verbiage though.

Here's a thought: start a new thread. You're not being responsive in this one and it isn't the intellectual equivalent of a cat walk. :nono:

I don't need to "debate" according to man's logos over God's Rhema.
So essentially you have a few rehearsed phrases you prop up non responsive preludes to your own agenda driven diatribes in lieu of substantive dissent or any indication you know what you should be responding to... Good to know. :)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Rather I think you either don't understand my position or you're here not so much to address or consider as to be considered tangentially. It's rather hard to tell given how little of what I write you actually end up addressing.

That's so completely out of line with what I've actually been up to as to make me wonder if you've even read it, or simply waited on the pause, after a fashion, to trot out what appears to be canned mantra.

Rather you're being pretentious and assumptive with nothing by way of illustration or engagement to support the posture...nice verbiage though.

Here's a thought: start a new thread. You're not being responsive in this one and it isn't the intellectual equivalent of a cat walk. :nono:

So essentially you have a few rehearsed phrases you prop up non responsive preludes to your own agenda driven diatribes in lieu of substantive dissent or any indication you know what you should be responding to... Good to know. :)

I understand your position well.

You're attempting to debate via a false dialectic.

You aren't aware of your high-context conceptual fallacies.

There's no need to entertain your false logic.

The entire topic has been culturally engineered.

You're more about processes of dialectic to sway consensus than to know what the true underlying issues are.

And I'm fine with all that, having known it when coming to this thread.

So no, I don't feel compelled to respond directly to the bulk of your diatribe.

The entire mentality of political correctness, regardless of the topic application, is an intentional coercive culture-sculpting that has nothing to do with the topics themselves. The topics are created from the mentality, as you've demonstrated.

And there's no need to start a new thread. I've been very responsive to the topic, just not to you according to your standards of expectation. You'll get over it, I'm sure. I'm not really on the radar of your actual life.

I can't holler "Go, Redskins", because I'm a lifelong rabid Dallas Cowboys fan. But watch this...

Redskins, Redskins, Redskins, Redskins, Redskins, Redskins.

Now someone gets to call me a racist and make it merely a matter of emotion-packed anti-logical hyper-sentiments that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything but manipulating minds and hearts by high-context concepts without real meaning.

Arthur Brain

You're more about processes of dialectic to sway consensus than to know what the true underlying issues are.

And I'm fine with all that, having known it when coming to this thread.

So no, I don't feel compelled to respond directly to the bulk of your diatribe.

The entire mentality of political correctness, regardless of the topic application, is an intentional coercive culture-sculpting that has nothing to do with the topics themselves. The topics are created from the mentality, as you've demonstrated.

And there's no need to start a new thread. I've been very responsive to the topic, just not to you according to your standards of expectation. You'll get over it, I'm sure. I'm not really on the radar of your actual life.

I can't holler "Go, Redskins", because I'm a lifelong rabid Dallas Cowboys fan. But watch this...

Now someone gets to call me a racist and make it merely a matter of emotion-packed anti-logical hyper-sentiments that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything but manipulating minds and hearts by high-context concepts without real meaning.

Wow, very impressive, or to put it another way, what a load of pretentious meaningless crap.

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'd love to take your word for it, but all evidence to the contrary.

No. I communicated a simple truth then dealt with one person after another attempting to make my part any number of things it wasn't.

I'm aware of your presumption on the point, sans any substantiation. You could save money and buy yourself a checkered flag...possibly embroider a phrase or two on it.

Easy to say, but another thing to actually sustain, illustrate or, you know, argue...well you likely have the word in your dictionary at any rate.

Too open to be meaningful. What isn't?

Assumptive, untrue and self serving (in the sense that as with everything you presume it allows you to declare without defending and advance without proof).

Now that sounds like the you under the smoke.

Now someone gets to call me a racist
That has nothing to do with any point I've made.

and make it merely a matter of emotion-packed anti-logical hyper-sentiments that has nothing whatsoever to do with anything but manipulating minds and hearts by high-context concepts without real meaning.
Unresponsive nonsense that seems mostly geared at self promotion with no substantive eye toward engagement or real understanding of what I've posited. I suspect that it works with people who lack a serious education. But it's all flash with no discernible depth in or behind it.

Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself offending people you don't mean to you should seriously consider not doing that. :plain:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Wow, very impressive, or to put it another way, what a load of pretentious meaningless crap.

:plain:

Oh, look. The token Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Theist drops in to deposit his meaningless opinion on yet another topic and post.:wave2:

I'm anxious for the endless possibilities from here. Transfixed, even.:cigar:

Begin bloviational pontification in.... 3... 2... 1...

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'd love to take your word for it, but all evidence to the contrary.

No. I communicated a simple truth then dealt with one person after another attempting to make my part any number of things it wasn't.

I'm aware of your presumption on the point, sans any substantiation. You could save money and buy yourself a checkered flag...possibly embroider a phrase or two on it.

Easy to say, but another thing to actually sustain, illustrate or, you know, argue...well you likely have the word in your dictionary at any rate.

Too open to be meaningful. What isn't?

Assumptive, untrue and self serving (in the sense that as with everything you presume it allows you to declare without defending and advance without proof).

Now that sounds like the you under the smoke.

That has nothing to do with any point I've made.

Unresponsive nonsense that seems mostly geared at self promotion with no substantive eye toward engagement or real understanding of what I've posited. I suspect that it works with people who lack a serious education. But it's all flash with no discernible depth in or behind it.

Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself offending people you don't mean to you should seriously consider not doing that. :plain:

Now you're getting the point... sorta. I'm not debating. I'm not considering your alleged "points". You're part of the problem, not the solution.

I'm not sure who you think you are to tell others what they should seriously consider doing or not doing, though. Especially when it's something they're not doing. But that's what hypnotized high-context minds do, so......

Arthur Brain

Oh, look. The token Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Theist drops in to deposit his meaningless opinion on yet another topic and post.:wave2:

I'm anxious for the endless possibilities from here. Transfixed, even.:cigar:

Begin bloviational pontification in.... 3... 2... 1...

I think I'll just leave the bloviating to you as you seem so enamoured with it...

Pompous self impressed windbags are hardly anything new and you're as much of a blowhard stuffed shirt as it gets. Oh, and I'm not an atheist let alone an 'ahhhhh-theist' either...

Do carry on with your ranting mantras though...

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I think I'll just leave the bloviating to you as you seem so enamoured with it...

Pompous self impressed windbags are hardly anything new and you're as much of a blowhard stuffed shirt as it gets. Oh, and I'm not an atheist let alone an 'ahhhhh-theist' either...

Do carry on with your ranting mantras though...

:wave2::wave: