Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Cross Reference

Frankly, nor do I...but there it is.

What part about Christ leaves you wanting for clarity that your "freewill" might be excerised in His direction?

WHat might this offer you in further understanding the issues:

"Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith".
Proverbs 15:16 (KJV)

Sonnet

What part about Christ leaves you wanting for clarity that your "freewill" might be excerised in His direction?

WHat might this offer you in further understanding the issues:

"Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith".
Proverbs 15:16 (KJV)

OT polygamy, Darwinism, Matthew 24:34, The flood, 1 Timothy 2;11ff.

Wouldn't want to discuss here though. PM please - if you want to.
:)

Cross Reference

OT polygamy, Darwinism, Matthew 24:34, The flood, 1 Timothy 2;11ff.

Wouldn't want to discuss here though. PM please - if you want to.
:)
Would love if it would conclude in righteousness imputed to you.

Try this first to your thinking as an absolute unarguable fact that dispels all that could ever come against your decision: i.e.,'Jesus Christ died on a cross to redeem ALL of mankind'. Why? When that is affirmed wthin you can only determine the action of your freewill because it will bring understanding that will delight you... assuming of course you enjoy understanding.

Last edited:

Sonnet

So...Paul is telling reprobates to believe in an event from which they have been excluded? Really? Paul preached Christ Crucified to reprobates knowing all along that Christ determined to exclude them?

Paul actually speaks SINCERELY of a desire that his kinsmen be saved. Does he explain that some can't be because of this supposed reprobation doctrine? No, he says that they sought to attain righteousness through their works rather than faith and then proceeds to OFFER salvation through faith. He even quotes Deuternomy 30:12ff to the effect that it's not too difficult.

Did he forget to mention election?/reprobation?

Paul the disingenuous?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I dutifully declare that I am not a Christian.
From your lips to God's ears. Sigh.

Nothing a person who hates God with every breath they draw (as do all non-believers) can be taken seriously on matters of what such a person claims Scripture teaches. The unbeliever cannot understand inspired Holy Writ, for the unbeliever...

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9);
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
- is not able to come to Jesus unless given to by God (Eph. 2:2);
- must be quickened by God (Eph. 2:4-5);
- cannot choose righteousness until regenerated (Titus 3:5);
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19);
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12);
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6);
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1);
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3);
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14); and
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Accordingly, engaging you in any discussion about what you think Scripture teaches is a fool's errand. I will lift up prayers that it be the will of God that you come to the faith (Romans 3:23; 6:23; 8:1; 10:9; 10:13)
those of us hold dear.

AMR

Sonnet

From your lips to God's ears. Sigh.

Such a declaration is required by TOL rules.

Nothing a person who hates God with every breath they draw (as do all non-believers) can be taken seriously on matters of what such a person claims Scripture teaches. The unbeliever cannot understand inspired Holy Writ, for the unbeliever...

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9);
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
- is not able to come to Jesus unless given to by God (Eph. 2:2);
- must be quickened by God (Eph. 2:4-5);
- cannot choose righteousness until regenerated (Titus 3:5);
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19);
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12);
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6);
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1);
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3);
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14); and
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Accordingly, engaging you in any discussion about what you think Scripture teaches is a fool's errand. I will lift up prayers that it be the will of God that you come to the faith (Romans 3:23; 6:23; 8:1; 10:9; 10:13)
those of us hold dear.

AMR

Irrelevant - genuine Christians who are Arminians make the same point.

AMR - I say you are unable to refute the OP.

Sonnet

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect....

Cross Reference

Such a declaration is required by TOL rules.

AMR - I say you are unable to refute the OP.

Isn't it interesting that many here on TOL who profess wisdom do so with twisted understanding, or none at all? Certainly what they espouse is of Calvin's own twisted understanding because he too, had no wisdom that He should commit murder in the Name of Jesus Christ.. They all could stand a 'dose' of the proverbs of Solomon, who knew not Calvin nor Arminius nor Darby or carried about him anything other the "gifted" knowledge and wisdom of God, a gift receive one can conclude but that eventually was 'rejected' by him that he should go his own way. How come AMR? Where was God's Grace, AMR?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing I have posted implies Arminianism vs. Calvinism. Trying to be divisive on the matter will not do. I count all professing Arminians as brothers and sisters in the Lord until proven otherwise. Your frequent cavils about this or that matter of doctrine is the work of he whom you have declared to serve. Your own words condemn you and no one should be giving you quarter to sow the seeds of division among the faithful as is your master's agenda.

AMR

Cross Reference

Nothing I have posted implies Arminianism vs. Calvinism. Trying to be divisive on the matter will not do. I count all professing Arminians as brothers and sisters in the Lord until proven otherwise.

You lie. Proof? I am a Christian and, without cause except I am not of Calvin, you ALL have nothing but distain for me..

Your frequent cavils about this or that matter of doctrine is the work of he whom you have declared to serve. Your own words condemn you and no one should be giving you quarter to sow the seeds of division among the faithful as is your master's agenda.

AMR

Show where he has that you are not using your trumpt up accusations against him as you have done against me?!! He has had more scriptural sensibilities about him than any ten of you people. Why this legalism YOU demand except to shut him down?

Sonnet

Nothing I have posted implies Arminianism vs. Calvinism. Trying to be divisive on the matter will not do. I count all professing Arminians as brothers and sisters in the Lord until proven otherwise. Your frequent cavils about this or that matter of doctrine is the work of he whom you have declared to serve. Your own words condemn you and no one should be giving you quarter to sow the seeds of division among the faithful as is your master's agenda.

AMR

And I should take heed from someone who promotes the idea that Christ did not die for all? You seem to be totally oblivious to the destruction the doctrines you espouse undoubted wreak upon the very Gospel you claim to proclaim. Calvinists cannot point to but one scripture that explicitly teaches limited atonement - and yet you still promulgate it.

Cavil? The extent of Christ's provision is a weighty matter rather.

Your pretext for not even attempting a response to a blindingly obvious flaw in your theology is because you have no explanation.

Put up or be silent.

Sonnet

Asked and answered about a half dozen times or more: https://goo.gl/NV0VXh

You need a new shtick besides your frequent "no response" shibboleth. While it may satisfy your need for self-congratulatory egotism, the tactic bears no resemblance to the facts at hand. Tolle lege.

AMR

You forget that you posted another long document on my 'Refuting limited atonement' thread which I replied to but you never came back. So I'd be foolish to respond to this other link you post here.

You even said this:
Your purposeful lack of interaction with the actual content provided says differently.
AMR

I've already asked that only those who 'are genuinely willing to engage in debate' should post on this thread.

The OP remains unchallenged.

Cross Reference

Asked and answered about a half dozen times or more: https://goo.gl/NV0VXh

You need a new shtick besides your frequent "no response" shibboleth. While it may satisfy your need for self-congratulatory egotism, the tactic bears no resemblance to the facts at hand. Tolle lege.

AMR

That's nonsense AMR. You can't reply sensibly because you know you are wrong but in too deep to make the effort in renouncing Calvinism as not being the gospel..

Sonnet

Romans 4:25
He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

The Calvinist cites such a verse in defence of LA but ignores the fact that Paul preached belief in that very resurrection to unbelievers. Only if Christ's resurrection is for all men could Paul do so.