Real Science Friday: A Leading Telescope Designer in Studio

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2771909]Or rather just be altruistic to his suffering neighbour? That 'medical plan' would have involved giving him sustenance and medical attention to heal his sores in that regard and nothing else whether he offered him a job or not. Did the parable of the good Samaritan have legal provisos on giving someone help? Um, no.....the points were clear.

Eh? Just what exactly am I twisting dude? And answer my question also. Do I deserve to be admonished for giving a homeless person something to eat? Yes or no?

AB, yes. You should be admonished. And I'm admonishing you for taking away his motivation to work--hunger.

If you love these smelly creatures so much, why don't you take one home with you? I can arrange it.

Tom

Granite

Hall of Fame
AB, yes. You should be admonished. And I'm admonishing you for taking away his motivation to work--hunger.

If you love these smelly creatures so much, why don't you take one home with you? I can arrange it.

Tom

You are a heartless, reprehensible wretch.

Arthur Brain

Tom

This was actually addressed to Stripe Tom as you'd already admitted your own position in that regard. I'm still waiting on you to answer my own posts directed towards you. Specifically the reasons why many find themselves in such a position, Lazarus and who Paul was addressing etc. I see you're yet to comment on any of that so here's a recap:

Many homeless people come from broken homes, abuse, suffer mental illness etc so if you think they "choose" a lifestyle where they're subjected to the outside elements 24/7 and the abuse heaped on them by members of the public you're totally ignorant. In my home town a homeless man was killed by two teenagers a year or so ago. Not everyone on the streets is even capable of work until they receive help so your mantra is redundant.

Lazarus was in no position to work as a re-reading of the story should make abundantly clear. I've little doubt he smelled rather pungently being covered in sores and all so I guess Dives did the right thing denying him even crumbs being the "smelly creature" that he was right?

As I told you before I once did put a homeless guy up for a few days so there ya go.

Your attitude is contemptible AFAIC and being admonished by someone with the compassion and empathy of a dead raccoon means absolute squat to me dude.

:e4e:

Dr.Watson

Tom

Your understanding and compassion is overwhelming. How delightfully Christian of you! Remind me which passage that's from again. Is it in Matthew?

Goes like this, right? "Let thee not take in smelly swine so they linger not at my feet but in the gutters where they belong. They shall be left to their hunger and motivated thus-ly to toil in my crops for mine own rewards". Yep. Sounds right to me.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I suppose that if one's condition is miserable enough, one might be inclined to take some pleasure in contemplating the eternal torture of others. One might even convince one's self that God will let one do the judging by which that torture will be decided.

Pray for such people. They desperately need it.

Arthur Brain

I suppose that if one's condition is miserable enough, one might be inclined to take some pleasure in contemplating the eternal torture of others. One might even convince one's self that God will let one do the judging by which that torture will be decided.

Yep. Funny how such folk have zero compassion or understanding for others....*sigh*

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The god to which tom prays is the same god that tom shaves. He's a self aggrandizing hypocritical waste of human flesh and fresh air. Same with SOD and Stipe.

Gee, all I did was ask you to explain the origin of aquifers... and now I'm "a waste of human flesh and fresh air". :plain:

:think:

So, Watties ... did you have an answer yet?

If you don't know, feel free to say so. :thumb:

Arthur Brain

Gee, all I did was ask you to explain the origin of aquifers... and now I'm "a waste of human flesh and fresh air". :plain:

:think:

So, Watties ... did you have an answer yet?

If you don't know, feel free to say so. :thumb:

Gee, I think he was referring to TFM Stripe but hey.....

How come you can't answer my own questions? At least Tom had the forthrightness to do so so why can't you?

:plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Someone as twisted and depraved as Tom is just trying to make everyone around them as miserable as they are.

Fantasies of torture just feed into an insignificant, unaccomplished, and mediocre mind.

Although I have to admit, Tom's one of the worst I've seen here. Usually these people try to sugar-coat their snobbery.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Granite,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! See Matthew 5:11-12). Again, thank you!

Tom

You've hanged yourself with what you've said here. You look upon the least of us with contempt, revile the poor, and sneer at the needy. The last thing you are is any kind of Christian. What you seem to be instead is a miserable man who hides behind religion to justify your warped, pathetic, stone-hearted existence. You're a money-grubbing tight-fisted snob, and a pathetic excuse for any kind of human being. A white-washed tomb, at best.