Rapture.. Are You Ready

john w

Hall of Fame
JOHN W.

What do you believe happens upon or after death of a person ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:

and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Nice sidetrack. I am addressing the "Partial Preterist" Craigie, whose reputation on TOL, is for habitual lying, and sophistry, because he spends half of his miserable waking hours, attempting to allegedly disprove he dispensational approach.

Ask him. He will tell you that he is a habitual liar-even he knows it.

nikolai_42

I am on the fence about the 1000 year reign and the tribulation occurrence. When Holy Spirit wants me to know, I will.

The articles were a decent insight. Thanks.

What I believe has not occurred is the "Mark" . Our S. Security numbers are very concerning.
And the final kingdom - Government, ( Beast) who implements the Mark. Islam? The U.N.?

I won't make any dogmatic statements about what, specifically, the mark of the beast is - or press it very hard - but there was something that really struck me when I first read it....

Keeping in mind that Revelation very strongly ties the "mark" to worship (Rev 13:15-16, Rev 14:9 and Rev 16:2) and that the number can be overcome (Rev 15:2), it seems to me to be a rather more spiritual thing than physical.

Read Ezekiel 7-9 and see if you don't see those same elements present and that the overriding theme of idolatry that brings judgment is not that dissimilar from the book of Revelation's presentation of it. And you might even see some buyers and sellers as well as some interesting marks...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does the "and remain" part mean?

The rapture theory claims that the dead Christians will be taken first, and then the Christians that are alive will be taken.

The verse says what it means according to plain speech.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The verse says what it means according to plain speech.

If the rapture theory happens like you claim, the dead rise first then those who are alive are raptured up in the clouds.

How are you "alive and remain"?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

The rapture theory claims that the dead Christians will be taken first, and then the Christians that are alive will be taken.

Well one sure thing it means is that after the rapture there is no more church on earth...it is impossible that it has already occurred

IMJerusha

I Need Help.. is Rapture before, Mid or after the seven years Tribulation.. Thanks..

Does it really matter? Keep your wick trimmed and oil in your jar. Matthew 25:1-13 I would like to believe in a rapture and there is some evidence to it in Luke but it's a doctrine based on specific interpretation and it may or may not be correct.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

If the rapture theory happens like you claim, the dead rise first then those who are alive are raptured up in the clouds.

How are you "alive and remain"?

I explained this to you before.
You either didn't understand it or it conflicts with your overall paradigm to a degree that you can't accept.
I'm fine with that. I ain't twistin' no arms.
Russell on!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does it really matter? Keep your wick trimmed and oil in your jar. Matthew 25:1-13 I would like to believe in a rapture and there is some evidence to it in Luke but it's a doctrine based on specific interpretation and it may or may not be correct.

The gospels are prophetic for Israel.

The revelation of the catching away/rapture of the BOC comes through Paul.

I am the rarest of Calvinists. I am a Dispensationalist, Pre-Trib Rapture Believer, who also believes in an Old Earth Creation, not Evolution.

That's quit a conglomeration there, Brother! :)
Yeh, I know. But somehow it all makes sense to me. With the exception of the OEC, my views are consistent with Dr. John MacArthur. I get the OEC from Dr. Merrill Unger, Dr. Finis Jennings Dake, Dallas Theological Seminary, and a host of others. I still believe in the 6 days (24 hrs.) of creation, 1 day of rest. After the first two verses in Genesis, I am pretty much in line with MacArthur. I never believed in a YEC. The scientist in me wouldn't allow the idea. It was a stumbling block.

IMJerusha

The gospels are prophetic for Israel.

The revelation of the catching away/rapture of the BOC comes through Paul.

I'd definitely be interested in reading the Scripture you're referring to. :) I know 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 and 1 Thessalonians 4:17 but I don't see those verses as documenting the "Left Behind" sort of rapture. I think Paul saw what we call the rapture as the return of Yeshua. The "Left Behind" rapture indicates that there will be more saved after people are taken away and before Yeshua returns.

As far as your statement regarding the gospels being prophetic for Israel, I would have to refer you to Yeshua's words as found in John 15:3 and Matthew 28:19-20.