racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Four O'Clock

Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

well, that one actually was a real question and not a point. But still, where's the United Caucasian College Fund? Oh yeah, there isn't one because caucasian's excel in academics and other areas enough that there isn't a need.

Many whites excel in athletics.
Many blacks excel academically (I'm currently in grad school and my advisor is a black PhD)
You've tossed out ideas suggesting that blacks are less intelligent than whites. 25% here, so much there. I believe BillyBob asked you to post the source of your statistics. We're waiting.
As far as your "united caucasian college fund" bit, despite the fact that slavery has been outlawed for 150 years blacks were continually shut out of higher education in large part until the last 50 years or so so who was getting the billions of scholarship dollars to the big universities year in and year out? White boys and girls. During that time if a young Negro boy or girl wanted to get into the doors of most major universities the only way they could do it is if they were carrying a pail and a mop. Not to mention public lynchings and segregated water fountains, cafes, bathrooms, etc...in my lifetime.
Despite continuing advances in racial fairness society's "table" is still not completely level. my $0.02

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by granite1010

I'm not sure what that proves or if there's much of a point there, other than the obvious. So whites excel in academics...blacks excel in athletic achievement. Different gifts.

Well, i'm not quite sure how being able to run at a great speed or dunk a ball is going to contribute much to our society and the bettering of our nation. Don't get me wrong, i love sports, and it's great that black people do well in them but as i said, it isn't a large contributor to our advancement.

wickwoman

Dear Billwald:

I think you should consider the fact that black people were selectively "bred" in the United States and intelligence was not a trait that slave owners normally wanted. They wanted women who could give birth to lots of new slaves, and men with very brawny bodies who could do heavy lifting and hard work.

So, coupled with the fact that, compared to immigrants, black people were forced to come here and, when the finally gained freedom they went from being in the minus column economically speaking to having nothing, enduring many many years of discrimination, coupled with mere genetic problems inherent in a race that has been bred specifically for the purposes I listed above, I think you could cut them a little slack.

And, if you do believe that black people are less intelligent, and therefore poor and a burden on society, it seems you would be more than willing for there to be a Negro College fund so they could get educated and off the public dime.

As a lifetime resident of the south I notice that black people who live in northern states and from other parts of the country, are very different from many of the ancestors of slaves that we have living here. That for one, should speak to the problems of breeding a race of people as if they were animals. And, you should be wanting to lend a hand to overcome whatever "bad karma" we've sewn. And, in my opinion there's plenty of bad karma for white people to overcome related to past and current treatment of black people.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Four O'Clock

I believe BillyBob asked you to post the source of your statistics. We're waiting.

And when i have the time in my day, that is quite hectic, i WILL post it, however it will require a few more moments than it takes to make a quick comment. Patience is a virtue.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Well, i'm not quite sure how being able to run at a great speed or dunk a ball is going to contribute much to our society and the bettering of our nation. Don't get me wrong, i love sports, and it's great that black people do well in them but as i said, it isn't a large contributor to our advancement.

I'm sorry, but if every gift or talent we're given is somehow supposed to "contribute much to our society," ninety percent of this country's SOL.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when speaking of "our advancement." Are you saying blacks do not contribute to the "advancement" of society?

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
I'm only saying exactly what i said and nothing more, i don't speak in hidden code, and i don't have alternate meanings. I should stop posting right now though because i am caught between construction, kids, lunch, daily chores, etc., etc., and i should wait until i have a clear moment so that i don't misrepresent myself in this matter, it's like i'm drive-by posting right now and it will lead to no where. Be back asap. And when i return i will have those links you are waiting on. :)

Four O'Clock

I'm only saying exactly what i said and nothing more, i don't speak in hidden code, and i don't have alternate meanings. I should stop posting right now though because i am caught between construction, kids, lunch, daily chores, etc., etc., and i should wait until i have a clear moment so that i don't misrepresent myself in this matter, it's like i'm drive-by posting right now and it will lead to no where. Be back asap. And when i return i will have those links you are waiting on. :)

Let us hope that these indisputable facts don't hail from some Aryian-minded "intellectual" source.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Professional athletes get paid well. I suggest that they are contributing to our booming economy in many ways.

Rydo

You say we should put differences ASIDE? give me a break, i think you should put more thought into the issue. It's not like there are only a few differences, there are multitudes of differences
Actually, recent studies show that "putting differences aside," or "ignoring differences" is exactly what minority groups don't want. They don't want whites claiming to be "color blind," they are black (or of another race) and want to be seen as such. They want their differences understood and respected, not ignored or influenced to be "more white."

Black people don't just look different than us you know, their bodies react diffrently than ours to diseases, males have differents hormones, they adapt differently to their surroundings and in social situations, tumors are found to be different, bones are different, left ventricular structure is different
First, I'd like to see support for such claims -- some links would be nice. Second, why are those differences necessarily bad? I would think it's fascinating, not disturbing, that our bodies are different. We are different, and that's the point. We should embrace those differences, not try to change or ignore them.

... they are less likely to leave a tip for services (yes they did a study on this), they have a higher infant mortality rate, crime, AIDS, welfare ...
Links please? Anyone can spout off "information" about "studies." People who earn a lower income generally leave a lower tip. More than that, people from different cultures leave different tips. Europeans generally leave a lower tip than Americans. Can we then, according to your logic, say the same thing about Europeans? Nope.

did you know that they even do more poorly on IQ tests than white people? Now THINK ABOUT THIS....
No, you think about this: who created the IQ test? Alfred Binet, a white Frenchman, created the first IQ test. It was created to measure what white people viewed as a standard of intelligence.

The same thing goes for what you said about jobs. A lot of time, "job training," in terms of management-type positions, are modeled after the white businessman. People -- regardless of race, ethnicity, and gender -- are trained by corporate America to be more like corporate America. White businessmen. Let's all think alike, then we'll start moving places, right?

And generally speaking black people are even animalistic in nature. Loud, traveling in "packs", you can even look up information about this!
What is so terrible about this? Africans are a drumming people, they are a dancing people. When they were brought over as slaves, their drums were taken away, but that didn't stop them from drumming. They clapped, they sang in rhymic beats, they stomped, and they danced.

The fact is, whites systematically destroyed traditional African culture in America. Since slaves in North America were generally treated better than slaves in the Caribbean, they generally lived longer -- long enough to reproduce. Since slaves reproduced slaves right here in America, a large influx of slaves was not necessary to keep the population. This severed the ties between slaves and their African home. They didn't have more and more slaves coming over to bring fresh reminders of tradition.

Furthermore, whites were afraid that allowing Africans to enjoy their culture would give them a common foundation on which to rebel. Whites consciously divided up the different cultures -- slaves on a single plantation were often from various different cultures, speaking different languages, dialects, having different traditions and beliefs... this was done on purpose. Whites didn't want blacks communicating. They wanted them to follow blindly.

... i just don't buy into the whole"my ancestors were slaves so everyone owes me something" bit. It's tired and it's absurd.
I think you're missing the point, and I think you would benefit greatly from an anthropology course that studies the slave trade and it's subsequent effect on contemporary cultures, because you are gravely mistaken in many ways, some of which I have shown above.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

Okay, this is officially creepy. Cry's twin sister or something.:noid:

I know what you mean, but I want to give LDD ample opportunity to explain her position and post some links.

Rydo

Sports and entertainment are enormous economic industries. They generate billions in revenue every single year, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

I know what you mean, but I want to give LDD ample opportunity to explain her position and post some links.

Definitely. It's just officially creepy, that's all.:D I'm all in favor of her defending what she says, no problemo there...

Thia

Living - a couple of your links didn't work (Harris for one)...but maybe it's my connection.

Also, listing David Duke as a 'source'....

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Real quick before the kids get home from school i have to take a second to say this...When i started commenting my main objective was to point out that we are VERY DIFFERENT and that it just so happens in the researching i have done and with personal experiences that alot of theses differences in black and white fall into a negative category for the black peoples. I do not "hate" black people and i cannot help it if my personal experiences have given me a sort of "negative attitude" toward the matter as a whole. I completely acknowledge that there are many black people in the world who have contributed much to society and who are good people. I don't want anything i say on this subject to make anyone think that i am some kind of "ariyan minded nazi kkk looney". And i understand that in some cases black people do get treated in an unjust manner. and because of this stigmatism that surrounds thier race it is harder for the ones who are good people to succeed. I just wanted everyone to know that, i'm sorry if i am coming off like i hate all black people or something, i just am stating facts that i have gathered and if it they are incorrect, correct me.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You might say you don't hate them but using Duke to get your information certainly gives a certain impression.

LivingDeadDoll

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Laugh if you will, (and i'm sure you will) but i don't even know who that is, or atleast i don't recall offhand, so using this person really doesn't mean a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.