Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Quetzal

The whole 'teach men not to rape' agenda is not only misandrist and flat out degrading to men, but it is also outlandishly retarded.
It might not be effective, you might be right. But, that doesn't take away from the very simple idea that the person who takes aggressive, criminal action against someone else is responsible for that very action; not the victim.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It might not be effective, you might be right. But, that doesn't take away from the very simple idea that the person who takes aggressive, criminal action against someone else is responsible for that very action; not the victim.

Judging by the way domestic abuse and rape is defended, it's fairly apparent that *some* men and boys need to be taught this. IF they had been, they wouldn't be using words such as "deserved" when speaking of the victims of rape and domestic violence.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What you really mean is that women should accept that men do not wish to change and should take on the responsibility that any reasonable and moral man accepts as his own ...

It's also easier for men to just drop their clothing in the middle of the floor. Picking up after them only endorses sloppy behavior.

Allowing them run out of clean socks, underwear and pants certainly sends a more proactive message. :)

wake up rusha
you are not going to change them
but
it is possible to protect yourself
if
you assume that responsibility

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
wake up rusha
but
if

It's just women showing the true colors that were in place from the get go- it's nothing more than an exercise in demonizing men and making themselves victims.

It's misandry on a silver platter, and some people are just to dumb to realize it for what it is.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If rape is so horrible...
That beginning alone makes everything that follows it irrelevant. And I know from past experience that you don't, when called on a thing, support your declarations, but just for the heck of it...

then one would do more about it besides sitting their being 'professional victims'. That is, not getting out of the road with incoming traffic, expecting to not get hit and demonstrating some ridiculous victim complex when you do.
Among the reason your attempt fails is that someone walking into the road would be violating the law. A woman walking home from a bar at night alone isn't making a good decision, but she's still entitled to do it unmolested. Nothing in walking home, sober or tipsy, excuses any unlawful conduct she encounters.

Should any of us strive to make informed decisions that lessen our likelihood to encounter a criminal element? Of course. It's in our best interest to do so, but when or if we fail to lock our screen door, or if we park under a broken streetlight, what comes of it remains the actionable fault of those who have no lawful right to take advantage our lack of consideration or mistake.

People are under this spell in which they honestly believe that misogyny is more common than misandry.
Likely because men remain the disproportionate delivery system for violence, control more of the wealth and political power in our system, etc.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Women blaming their rapists for raping them, what a concept.

Not rapists, MEN. Teaching men not to rape. Do I need to make a handbook on how to comprehend that :chuckle:

I feel bad for men who can't even see the obvious because they are too busy putting their nose to women's toes while they whip your back :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Who are typically...

Ah, thought so. :chuckle:

Homewreckers and family splitters are typically women.

Should we teach all women not to be home wrecking, exploitative slatterns?

Oh yeah, that's right, that would be misogyny :rolleyes:

You've chosen to not see reality and vouch for a warped nonsense.

Quetzal

Homewreckers and family splitters are typically women.

Should we teach all women not to be home wrecking, exploitative slatterns?

Oh yeah, that's right, that would be misogyny :rolleyes:

You've chosen to not see reality and vouch for a warped nonsense.
You are changing the subject because you have nothing left to offer this one.

HisServant

Filing for divorce doesn't make you the reason for the divorce.

My ex moved 1000 miles away and had no interest in reconciling our marriage after she left 7 years prior. During that entire time, I enabled her sinful lifestyle by paying her monthly pre-divorce alimony and covering her under my health insurance. I felt like an enabler.

It was my church, counselor and attorney that all urged me to cut off financing her and divorce was the only way. It was fun watching all the discussions they had before they came to the conclusion that she had basically abandoned me and was just taking advantage of me to fund her lifestyle.

It was the first time and only time I can remember where a church told someone to get a divorce!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wake up rusha
but
if

Wake up Chys
you have made an
unfounded assumption that
I am unwilling and
incapable
of defending myself.

What you conveniently seem to be glossing over is the fact
that not one person on this planet *should have to* protect themselves from rape because ...

Rapists should not exist.
Rape is bad. Mmmmkayyyy ...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Wake up Chys
you have made an
unfounded assumption that
I am unwilling and
incapable
of defending myself.

What you conveniently seem to be glossing over is the fact
that not one person on this planet *should have to* protect themselves from rape because ...

Rapists should not exist.
Rape is bad. Mmmmkayyyy ...

So is burglary, assault, murder, and so on.

Why is rape highlighted above all others, and WHY DO YOU FEEL COMPELLED TO RAGE ON RAPE WHEN YOU CAN'T STAMP OUT ANY OTHER FORM OF CRIME OR VIOLENCE..

Even your precious 'Rainn' straight up said that 'rape culture' is fantastically stupid drivel right from professional victims like yourself. I mean, come on now.

That is the retardation of the entire thing. It only exists to degrade men, and nothing more. It is a fact that, if a person has any intelligence whatsoever, will admit.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Filing for divorce doesn't make you the reason for the divorce.

He doesn't believe women should have the right to divorce or leave their husbands.

Regardless of any reason or real life situation that occurs, he will try to twist it to being the fault of the woman.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You are changing the subject because you have nothing left to offer this one.

That's not changing the subject, that's showing you the contradiction of your standing.

And this subject- it has gone on for three straight months on here. Do you know why? Because 'rape' is the only thing women can complain about- they've gotten everything they wanted and now they are just dragging on with the subtle misandry they always had in the first place- which they and those such as you denied was there :rolleyes:

PureX

Nonsense. The only thing I have seen Rusha advocate for is for the sole blame of the crime to be placed on the criminal. I don't understand why this is contested.
Partly, I think it's contested because some people believe that even criminality is "God's doing" in the sense that God allowed it. So SOME blame has to be assessed to the victims, so that God cannot be seen as allowing criminality for no reason or purpose.

Also, I think some people don't want to face the fact that bad things can happen to anyone, any time, for no reason at all, and by no fault of the victim. They want to believe that if they do all the right things, these bad things won't happen to them. So they have to find some way to blame the the victims for 'screwing up', and causing themselves to be victimized.