Quitting Smoking

Truster

Smoking is an addiction and the root meaning of addict is ajudged. A man is ajudged for his sin with the slavery of addiction or lust. Once a man is saved his sin is forgiven and the addiction is lifted.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Smoking is an addiction and the root meaning of addict is ajudged. A man is ajudged for his sin with the slavery of addiction or lust. Once a man is saved his sin is forgiven and the addiction is lifted.
Save you false judgement for yourself

SaulToPaul 2

My judgement is true and experiential. Messiah Yah Shua came to save men from their sins and not so that they could continue in their sins. Smoking is a sin against the body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Is allowing oneself to become iron deficient also a sin against the body?

john w

Hall of Fame
My judgement is true and experiential. Messiah Yah Shua came to save men from their sins and not so that they could continue in their sins. Smoking is a sin against the body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

When you touch something, you are destroying some of your skin cells, and when you drink wine, you are also destroying some brain cells, which is a sin against the body, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit. You just judged yourself as a sinner,which is a "true" judgment.

So there.

Psalm 104:14-15 KJV

14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Time for a glass of "Ripple"....

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
these two nice ladies can fix you up with some homemade elixir :)

latest

john w

Hall of Fame
Since smoking cannot affect me any more,I am taking it up again, since I've already suffered over 50 fatal "death knells" in the last year, and have been destroyed, by just a few bible verses, a few days ago, according to Gomer Craigie the Clown Tet.

SaulToPaul 2

Since smoking cannot affect me any more,I am taking it up again, since I've already suffered over 50 fatal "death knells" in the last year, and have been destroyed, by just a few bible verses, a few days ago, according to Gomer Craigie the Clown Tet.

Ange: "Smoking, are ya?"
Saint john w: "That's right, I'm smoking."

Truster

When you touch something, you are destroying some of your skin cells, and when you drink wine, you are also destroying some brain cells, which is a sin against the body, which is the temple of the Holy Spirit. You just judged yourself as a sinner,which is a "true" judgment.

So there.

Psalm 104:14-15 KJV

14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Time for a glass of "Ripple"....

Stop trying to make excuses for sin and repent.

Truster

Do you just sit in your house and feel like a saint?

Why do you so hate the fact I've been granted repentance from this particular sin? Salvation from sin means just that, "from sin". You and your mob say you are saved and yet rejoice in sin while despising repentance.

"bear, therefore, fruits worthy of the reformation,"
Matthew 3:8

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm finally quitting. I know it will be hard but I have to do it. I can't be a slave to this nasty habit anymore. I'm also looking into joining a class action lawsuit against tobacco companies. I'm sure it's been made nearly impossible but I have a right to try. I started in 1980 and we rode our bikes to buy them at the gas station, no questions asked.

The minimum age of 16 years was introduced in 1980. The minimum age was raised from 16 to 18 in 1987. It is illegal for minors to be in possession of tobacco, to smoke in public or to purchase tobacco products.

[h=3]Smoking age - Wikipedia[/h]

Gary K

Banned
I'm finally quitting. I know it will be hard but I have to do it. I can't be a slave to this nasty habit anymore. I'm also looking into joining a class action lawsuit against tobacco companies. I'm sure it's been made nearly impossible but I have a right to try. I started in 1980 and we rode our bikes to buy them at the gas station, no questions asked.

The minimum age of 16 years was introduced in 1980. The minimum age was raised from 16 to 18 in 1987. It is illegal for minors to be in possession of tobacco, to smoke in public or to purchase tobacco products.

Smoking age - Wikipedia

I wish you well in your endeavor. I am a former smoker myself. I was up to 3 packs a day by the time I quit. I didn't do it on my own either. I prayed, and kept on praying, for the ability to quit. As I'm now a former smoker more than 30 years removed from my last smoke you can see my strategy worked. It's just one of the many miracles God has worked in my life as at the time I was not someone with very much will power.

Jerry Shugart

I have been killing myself for decades. I just want to be free from cigarettes and breath fresh air again, but I keep waiting. I'm up to more than 2 packs a day everyday. I am so addicted and I think it's mostly mental, I think of a cigarette at all times, in fact I'm smoking one right now. I AM quitting soon, I've had enough. Anybody else hooked and wanting to quit and be free again? We can talk about it here !!!

I smoked for many decades and I read somewhere that every time I had a craving to smoke I should just drink some orange juice. I tried it and it worked and it wasn't hard.

It might work for you!

Danoh

[h=3]Smoking age - Wikipedia[/h]

"Quiting smoking is easy; I'be done it hundreds of times" - Mark Twain.

:chuckle:

But actually, it is.

As I am ever asserting; all things are a matter of one's approach.

That thing that differs between "Give a man a fish; feed him for a day, and teach him how to fish; feed him for a lifetime."

In fact, one person I helped with how to easily quit had a forty year, four to five pack a day, chain smoking habit. He'd light up one cigarette just as the other was at its end.

The guy was a nervous, impatient, ever fidgety wreck.

Some twenty minutes later, his smoking habit was completely gone.

Some two years later, he reported not only never having experienced any sort of withdrawal; but had picked up very little weight after all that time.

Many ex-smokers tend to end up eating a bit more than they used to.

Not only because their sense of smell and taste returns big time, but because now that they no longer smoke, many tend to replace smoking with eating junk food quite often.

Hang in there, Peej...

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.