questions for christians

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Where did Jesus say pay a temple tithe?

Ok Lon, you are talking about this verse:

Luke 5:14 (NKJV)

14 And He charged him to tell no one, “But go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as a testimony to them, just as Moses commanded.”

I guess my op question was not exactly good one.

What you are quoting is about ceremonial law and Jesus does not endorse this kind anymore.

My questions should have been examples of Jesus' teaching of sermon on the mount.

Thank you for pointing out my vague question.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I guess you don't know.

may God bless you.
You wind up breaking your closest relationships, thinking the way you do. That's not what Jesus wants! Church is absolutely about unity and uniting and togetherness and oneness and family. But here you are, reading everything that He said:

If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26 KJV)

Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:37 KJV)

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. (John 12:25-26 KJV)

And thinking that somehow, rightly dividing people is acceptable, because "Jesus said" this or that. That's not what Jesus wants! He wants unity, He said He wants unity, He prayed for unity. When your relationships break apart you're not doing what He wants. If you can't figure out how to obey Him without breaking apart relationships, you're doing it wrong, better come up with something new.

And that must be why you are here then.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Is devotion in the face of adversity part of faithful love?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

I am disappointed with you for this question.

You don't seem to realize it is important to evangelize Jesus with whole truth. Jesus gospel is told only partial one.

My devotion is "Christianity is supposed to be about following Jesus with the whole truth" message.

You seem to be enabling the evil behavior of Christians: I see you confronting some posters here but I don't see you confronting anyone whose conduct is vicious.

popsthebuilder

I am disappointed with you for this question.

You don't seem to realize it is important to evangelize Jesus with whole truth. Jesus gospel is told only partial one.

My devotion is "Christianity is supposed to be about following Jesus with the whole truth" message.

You seem to be enabling the evil behavior of Christians: I see you confronting some posters here but I don't see you confronting anyone whose conduct is vicious.

I stand up to cruelty, violence, and immorality when I see them. Devotion is part of faithfulness and love which we are commanded to have without waver.

I'm sorry I disappointed you friend, but I honestly don't aim to please any man or woman.

No offence

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pondsbb

So you think keeping His commands is necessary to be saved?

reminder: Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands".
Christ loves us and dies for us while we are yet sinners. We keep His commands after salvation because He loves us first.

It is much like someone laying knocked unconscious in a burning building (sinner). That person can't save themselves. The hero (Jesus) rushes in and saves them. The sinner then falls in love with the hero and then begins to obey. The obeying and love come after the fact of being saved.

1 John 4-19 KJV
We love him, because he first loved us.

Romans 5:6-10 KJV
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. [8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. [9] Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. [10] For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Correct. I don't pay a temple tithe whenever He brings healing to me for instance, and importantly, neither do you. In fact, you cannot follow all His commandments since the temple and sacrifices are gone now. You HAVE to intelligently pick which commands you will follow.

Now the difference is that someone may disagree with you. What if someone were to tell you to go wash in the pool of siloam or dip yourself in the Jordan 7 times? What would you tell them about why you are not 'following Jesus' commands?' I think a LOT of what Jesus says applies to us today. For instance, I am not supposed to worry about what I will eat, or drink or wear Matthew 6.

Perhaps the ones that think the least things Jesus says are for them, will agree with this verse. IOW, we ALL as Christians have the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and we all follow His teachings, but most specifically, what is termed a 'universal' (applies to everybody, Jews AND gentiles, not one or the other) truth of application. -Lon

You have to search for Jesus' teachings and find out what is to all for all times.

We know there is no more earthy temple, just as Jesus said there would not be.

So then, can you tell the difference from saying we do not have to obey what Jesus says because there is no temple, from saying we still have to obey everything else?