ECT Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

Q for those who believe in salvation by grace thru faith in Christ w/o works

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAN P

So you are not one of His sheep, or you got lost.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

LA

Hi and remember , that the end of Jesus ministry , there were only 12 that heard his voice , the 12 Apostles !!

All the rest had deserted Jesus !!

Are you a JEW ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and remember , that the end of Jesus ministry , there were only 12 that heard his voice , the 12 Apostles !!

Are you a JEW ??

dan p

Are not the scriptures written so that we may believe and obey?!!!

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Are you a JEW ??

dan p

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Act 5:14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

Act 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

LA

Danoh

Are you a JEW ??

dan p

Nope.

Acts 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

1:21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Are not the scriptures written so that we may believe and obey?!!!

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

I like that rendering of Romans 16:26 there - it really brings out the actual sense of that "NOW revealed and made known through the prophetic writings" - that is, through a writing like Romans itself.

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

And so on...

Acts 17:11,12.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

God's Truth

I like that rendering of Romans 16:26 there - it really brings out the actual sense of that "NOW revealed and made known through the prophetic writings" - that is, through a writing like Romans itself.

Romans 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

And so on...

Acts 17:11,12.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Paul got to be saved by Jesus and received the same gospel as the other apostles. Paul went to the Jews first but then sent to the Gentiles with the same gospel of obey Jesus and repent of your sins, and call on him.

Faith alone is dead just as James says. It is not an opposition gospel to Paul's. Jesus IS NOT DIVIDED. You made a mistake and only humbling yourself will help you see it. How do I know that humbling yourself and repenting of your sins will make you see it? BECAUSE Jesus says so.

DAN P

Nope.

Acts 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

1:21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 1:22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Hi and in John 6:66-67 it reads , From that time many of of his disciples went back and walked no more with Him !

Verse 67 , Then Jesus said unto the 12 , Will ye also go away ??

The same thing happened to Paul !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and in John 6:66-67 it reads , From that time many of of his disciples went back and walked no more with Him !

Verse 67 , Then Jesus said unto the 12 , Will ye also go away ??

The same thing happened to Paul !!

dan p

You have taken one passage TOO literally- and at the expense of the witness of the other passages.

It is just as obvious that when Paul said what he said about "all they in Asia" he did not mean "all."

For he himself mentions various people who had not turned from him.

And besides, if "all" ALWAYS means "all" then who was he writing to, to begin with?

I keep telling you your being stuck at your parroting of Brock, or whomever, and or your obviously equal OVER reliance on the Greek alone, is not enough to take one to where they are able to continue to grow to where they are then able to see more of those things that differ between things beyond what those men who came before us had been able to see.

It is long time you return to the basics.

As in any endeavour in life; one must continually return to...the basics.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

DAN P

You have taken one passage TOO literally- and at the expense of the witness of the other passages.

It is just as obvious that when Paul said what he said about "all they in Asia" he did not mean "all."

For he himself mentions various people who had not turned from him.

And besides, if "all" ALWAYS means "all" then who was he writing to, to begin with?

I keep telling you your being stuck at your parroting of Brock, or whomever, and or your obviously equal OVER reliance on the Greek alone, is not enough to take one to where they are able to continue to grow to where they are then able to see more of those things that differ between things beyond what those men who came before us had been able to see.

It is long time you return to the basics.

As in any endeavour in life; one must continually return to...the basics.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 towards you; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

Hi and in 2 Tim 4:10 , Paul names names , and I am a LITERAL TYPE OF GUY no HYBRID here at all !!

Words in the bible , have MEANING and your counting them is to your DESTITURE of what the verbs mean and I just love to tell what the verbs really means INSTEAD of just THROWING words that no one understands and confuses many !!

Just do Eph 3:9 and mean it ??

dan p

ttruscott

I voted No since it is my understanding that the will is trained in righteousness by painful discipline, implying trial and error which stems from a lack of true willingness to conform to the Spirit, that is, we are sanctified against our will if need be.

My scripture support is
Heb 12:4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Since all are so chastised, v 8, it suggests no one is truly willing.

God's Truth

I voted No since it is my understanding that the will is trained in righteousness by painful discipline, implying trial and error which stems from a lack of true willingness to conform to the Spirit, that is, we are sanctified against our will if need be.

My scripture support is
Heb 12:4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Since all are so chastised, v 8, it suggests no one is truly willing.

Wow. I can hardly believe that you said no one is truly willing to obey Jesus' teachings.