Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

• yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • no, please state why in thread

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

rexlunae

He says things pertaining to his coming rule on this earth. He gives no instructions for government policy.... only personal one one interactions. He would say that government policies toward the poor have been harmful.

We live in a republic. We are the government. Have you used your voice in government to help the poor, the sick, and the needy?

He would say that our country is sovereign and has a right to demand new citizens become as Romans when in Rome.

I don't remember that gospel, quite. Are you sure you aren't preaching your own?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We live in a republic. We are the government. Have you used your voice in government to help the poor, the sick, and the needy?

I don't remember that gospel, quite. Are you sure you aren't preaching your own?

The US is not a theocracy remember? You cant have it both ways, where we should stay out of bedrooms yet pay for what happens there...

Your own is what is being preached, quite hypocritical i might add also.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It seems like I heard something about that.

I'm not sure what that's referring to. People?

People who believe the government should take care of birth control, abortions, tranny surgeries, sexually transmitted diseases, drug users etc, but also claim we should stay out of other peoples bedrooms/lives

Why should governments role be any of those things? You cant quote from a theocracy before God to justify social justice stuff but then say the parts where some should be jailed or held accountable themselves or outright cut off/destroyed arent valid, without pure hypocrisy.

Are you really concerned about His way, or cherry picking?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Denver Central Library Stocks Overdose Drug Kits

DENVER (CBS4)– The Denver Central Library is stocking up on kits to treat drug overdoses.

According to the Denver Post, six people have overdosed in the Denver Public Library since Jan. 1.

Workers at the library located at 14th and Bannock are stocking up on kits that could save the lives of those who are overdosing.

A spokesman for the Denver Central Library says the kits are needed to help combat the national opioid epidemic.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I lost my son to a drug overdose: say no to safe injection sites

Why should taxpayers be burdened with the costs of providing “heroin houses” for drug users to shoot up when we can’t even solve our homeless problem?

THE idea of creating two safe-consumption sites for drug users is a horrible idea. In speaking about the public-health experiment, King County Executive Dow Constantine was quoted as saying, “put yourself in the place of a parent who is trying to save his or her child. We can put up with a little discomfort in order to be able to help that family heal and help that child recover.”

Speaking as the mother of a child who died from a drug overdose — the last thing a parent wants is another place for their child to abuse drugs! My son was an honor student, went to Mexico to build houses for the poor, worked as a lifeguard and once saved a man’s life. He was a college student with a part-time job and had many friends. Yet he began abusing drugs, and one night he overdosed.

Heroin is illegal. Will the police allow illegal drug use at a “heroin house” and yet arrest people elsewhere who use the same drug? Are police going to wait outside these city-sanctioned drug houses — to protect the drug users entering with illegal drugs — from robbery?

Will there be a weapons check? Will minors be allowed inside? Will identification be checked? If a drug user is at the drug house and another drug user helps with the injection of drugs and the person overdoses — who is going to be sued?

Or what if a visibly pregnant woman wants to use heroin? What if a parent brings a baby with them? Will the medical providers call CPS?

A major cause of overdose is the different strengths of drugs and the combination with other drugs like fentanyl. Will the staff test drugs for purity or safety?

And why should taxpayers be burdened with the costs of providing a “heroin house” and paying for the lawsuits when we cannot solve our homeless problem?

Safe injection sites make no sense based on health and personal safety issues for the drug user and other citizens. They do not make any sense based on the critical need for treatment for drug users. Drug users do not need a free government sponsored place to use drugs: They have lots of places to use drugs as shown by the huge increase in illegal drug consumption.

I agree there is a drug crisis and epidemic. We should fight it by increasing access to treatment centers, and first responders should carry naloxone kits. We should promote safe storage and disposal of medications to decrease the availability of drugs. We should increase awareness of the adverse effects of drug use and the possibility of overdoses.

Nothing can bring back my son. He died because he used drugs. But I honestly believe he would have died sooner had there been a free drug house available since it would encourage his addiction. His reasoning would be: King County and the city of Seattle have provided a place for me to use drugs — so drug use is government sponsored.

Plus, it still comes down to one hard fact: Heroin use is illegal.

Lisa DuFour is the mother of a 20-year-old son who died of an accidental drug overdose. She is a partner at Integrative Family Law and a former King County Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, having served in the Family Support Division for more than 15 years.

rexlunae

The whole purpose of these sites is to make them as safe as possible for the users. This means ensuring that no one is bringing in weapons, and monitoring users such that if one of them does overdose, help is available as quickly as possible. And it would also involve preventing users of drugs from leaving with the dangerous materials and substances they're using, or from bringing in other people.

rexlunae

People who believe the government should take care of birth control, abortions,
sexually transmitted diseases, drug users etc, but also claim we should stay out of other peoples bedrooms/lives

Well, the government isn't allowed to fund abortion. I would love it to, but it isn't allowed to now. But the case for either isn't related to bedroom activities. The reason to ensure access to birth control is public health, and also secondarily the prevention of abortion.

... tranny surgeries,

Not aware of that happening in a bedroom...

Why should governments role be any of those things?

Because public health is a common good, and the government is one of the only institutions that can address it in a fair and comprehensive way.

You cant quote from a theocracy before God to justify social justice stuff but then say the parts where some should be jailed or held accountable themselves or outright cut off/destroyed arent valid, without pure hypocrisy.

There are several cases in the gospels of Jesus showing compassion to people who were considered broadly by religious people of his time to be reprobate. There are few cases of him attacking such people. In fact, there were many cases of him attacking hypocritical uses of religious teachings. So with regards to Christian teaching, there's no double-standard in using those teachings that way.

Are you really concerned about His way, or cherry picking?

I'm concerned with the moral philosophy Jesus put forward and how his self-proclaimed followers seem to contradict that. I have no interest in the cult of Jesus as a eschatological savior.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm concerned with the moral philosophy Jesus put forward and how his self-proclaimed followers seem to contradict that. I have no interest in the cult of Jesus as a eschatological savior.

The last part is why you dont understand the first part.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Does a perfect person need a savior?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Compassion for a homeless person, food and shelter, not handing them a bottle or providing a safe place for them to drink and drug.

In fact most programs wont allow someone a bed or shelter when they have been drinking, why? To protect others there, from harm.

So why is it really "safe" to allow someone a place where they can cause harm to themselves and others? Does reviving them if they OD, stop them from hurting someone there or other drug users?

rexlunae

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

There are huge disagreements between different gospel-believing Christians. What I can't help but notice is how closely their interpretations seem to track their personal preferences.

Does a perfect person need a savior?

Depends. What are they being saved from? Sin and death? In the case of the former, I'd say it doesn't help. In the case of the later, I'd say no.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

There are huge disagreements between different gospel-believing Christians. What I can't help but notice is how closely their interpretations seem to track their personal preferences.

Depends. What are they being saved from? Sin and death? In the case of the former, I'd say it doesn't help. In the case of the later, I'd say no.

Saved from death caused by sin. Doesn't matter what you would say. God is the one in charge.

Last edited: