Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

Public shaming of drug addicts - Do you think its a deterant to drug use?

• yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • no, please state why in thread

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't keep companies with dead people.

Sure you do. You're dead too, you just don't know it.

Luke 9:59 Then He said to another man, “Follow Me.” “Lord,” the man replied, “first let me go and bury my father.” 60 But Jesus told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead. You, however, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.” 4 “How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?” 5 Jesus answered “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit 6 Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”…

God made us to have a relationship with Him, that relationship ended because of sin. (disobedience to God)God requires the shedding of blood as sin atonement. Jesus died so you could live. He took on all your sin - past, present, future - He took your place. He offers you a full pardon, will you receive what He did for you and trust Him?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

"Now I make known to you brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures "

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

ClimateSanity

What does he say about the poor? How are you to treat immigrants?
He says things pertaining to his coming rule on this earth. He gives no instructions for government policy.... only personal one one interactions. He would say that government policies toward the poor have been harmful. He would say that our country is sovereign and has a right to demand new citizens become as Romans when in Rome.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app