Public Schools Aren't Broken. Destroying Children is what they were designed to do.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Rigghtt....

Coming from atheists who, after seeing 'In God We Trust' on a dollar bill, becomes a victim of oppression.
What I find rather disconcerting is that many self-proclaimed "atheists" in this forum consistently demonstrate a better grasp of Christian "love" and "charity" than those who publicly flaunt their Christian "credentials!"

One has only to look at the current crop of Republican presidential candidates, all claiming to be Christians in good standing, who are "selling their souls" just for the chance to become the GOP nominee!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not, and never was, a secular humanist but I am aware of "a CultureWarrior's" not so subtle attempts to stereotype his opposition, divert attention and/or change the subject when he is "cornered" and exhausted his library of tired "stock phrases!"

Secular Humanism

Secular humanism posits that human beings are capable of being ethical and moral without religion or a god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_humanism

I have no interest in a private debate with "äCultureWarrior" who has little or no regard for the facts - if I were to engage in such a discussion I would choose an open forum where he can exercise his "I don't take prisoners" to a wider audience!

A private debate would be where no one else would be able to view it. I'm talking about a one on one debate (without other participants) for all to see.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What I find rather disconcerting is that many self-proclaimed "atheists" in this forum consistently demonstrate a better grasp of Christian "love" and "charity" than those who publicly flaunt their Christian "credentials!"

Because murdering 58 million unborn babies in a 43 year period just reeks of love and charity.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Because murdering 58 million unborn babies in a 43 year period just reeks of love and charity.
CHILD POVERTY BY NATION

DEFINITION: Group-specific poverty rates are headcounts of how many people of a population group fall below the poverty line, in percentage of the total number in that population group. The poverty line used here is 50% of the median household disposable income, adjusted for household size. Children are persons with less than 18 years of age, working-age people are persons between age 18 and 65 and adults are persons aged 18 and over. A worker is an adult with a non-zero annual earning or self-employment income. In addition to poverty rates, indicators show here include the poverty risk (i.e. the age-specific poverty rate divided by the poverty rate for the entire population, times 100) and the share of various population groups that are counted as poor.

RANK - NATION - % CHILD POVERTY

1. Denmark 2.74% 2009
2. Sweden 3.97% 2009
3. Finland 4.17% 2009
4. Norway 4.6% 2009
5. Austria 6.17% 2009
6. France 7.64% 2009
7. Iceland 8.25% 2009
8. Hungary 8.72% 2009
9. Switzerland 9.43% 2009
10. Belgium 9.97% 2009
11. United Kingdom 10.08% 2009
12. South Korea 10.2% 2009
13. Czech Republic 10.27% 2009
14. Slovakia 10.93% 2009
15. Netherlands 11.53% 2009

High income OECD countries average 11.67% 2009

16. Australia 11.79% 2009
17. Luxembourg 12.39% 2009
18. Greece 13.23% 2009
19. Japan 13.69% 2009

Group of 7 countries (G7) average 14.12% 2009

20. New Zealand 15% 2009
21. Canada 15.06% 2009
22. Italy 15.5% 2009
23. Germany 16.29% 2009
24. Ireland 16.3% 2009
25. Portugal 16.55% 2009
26. Spain 17.3% 2009
27. United States 20.59% 2009
28. Poland 21.5% 2009
29. Mexico 22.16% 2009
30. Turkey 24.59% 2009

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Poverty/Poverty-by-indiv
1. In 2009, America ranked 27th in the world for child poverty, by 2015 that had fallen to 34th

2. More than one in five American children fall below the poverty line.

3. America's wealth grew by 60% in the past six years, by over $30 trillion - at same time the number of homeless children has also grown by 60%.

4. Over half of public school students are poor enough to qualify for lunch subsidies, and almost half of black children under the age of six are living in poverty. Approximately16 million kids on food stamps know what it's like to go hungry.

5. The U.S. has one of the highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world. As UNICEF reports, "[Children's] material well-being is highest in the Netherlands and in the four Nordic countries and lowest in Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and the United States."

6. Nearly half of all food stamp recipients are children, and they averaged about $5 a day for their meals before the 2014 farm bill cut $8.6 billion (over the next ten years) from the food stamp program.

7. In 2007 about 12 of every 100 kids were on food stamps. Today it's 20 of every 100.

8. For every 2 homeless children in 2006, there are now 3!

9. On a typical frigid night in January 2015, 138,000 children, according to the U.S. Department of Housing, were without a place to call home (that's about the same number of households that have each increased their wealth by $10 million per year since the recession).

10. The U.S. ranks near the bottom of the developed world in the percentage of 4-year-olds in early childhood education.

11. Only two nations still refuse to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child: South Sudan and the United States.

approximately $245,340

The average cost of raising a child born in 2013 up until age 18 for a middle-income family in the U.S. is approximately $245,340 (or $304,480, adjusted for projected inflation), according to the latest annual "Cost of Raising A Child" report from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.Aug 18, 2014

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei...#q=average+cost+of+raising+a+child+in+america

The question remains as to why conservatives, like "äCultureWarrior," who so eloquently shed "crocodile tears" over the abortion rate in America have chosen to do absolutely nothing to counteract the growing rate of child poverty!

http://portside.org/2015-04-23/numb...orld-leader-child-poverty-developed-countries

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Not all Christians are proper examples of Christianity.

And
Sometimes telling hard truths about something is not out of a lack of compassion. For example, I'm against homosexual marriage, and would vote against it if that were an option- but that doesn't mean I am less loving of them than a liberal supporter.

One has only to look at the current crop of Republican presidential candidates, all claiming to be Christians in good standing, who are "selling their souls" just for the chance to become the GOP nominee!

The Presidency is a secular office, not some Protestant Papacy. Having to be Christian is an unofficial requirement that has yet to shed away in America. Proclaiming themselves Christian is the only real way to win, and that is why they all do it. Even the one's who don't 'sell their soul' as you perceive.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not all Christians are proper examples of Christianity.

Hence those that defend the legalization of recreational drugs and prostitution. ;)

The Presidency is a secular office,..

And when he's sworn into office, the President is sworn in on a secular Bible (yeah, uh huh).

taking-an-oath-on-a-bible-300x160.png

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Your website (defending murder because the family is poor) is broken, just like your morals.
How many U.S. women obtaining abortions are already mothers?

Answer: Six in 10 American women having an abortion already have a child, and more than three in 10 already have two or more children.

What proportion of U.S. women obtaining abortions are religious?

Answer: More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month. The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000.

What is the racial or ethnic background of U.S. women who have abortions?

Answer: No racial or ethnic group makes up a majority of women having abortions: 36% are non-Hispanic white, 30% are non-Hispanic black, 25% are Hispanic and 9% are women of other races

What proportion of abortions in the United States are among poor women?

Answer: Women with family incomes below the federal poverty level ($18,530 for a family of three) account for more than 40% of all abortions. They also have one of the country’s highest abortion rates (52 per 1,000 women). In contrast, higher-income women (with family incomes at or above 200% of the poverty line) have a rate of nine abortions per 1,000, which is about half the national rate.

Why do women in the United States have abortions?

Answer: Most women identify multiple reasons for having an abortion: Three-fourths cite concerns for or responsibility to other individuals, including children; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child ..... half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

http://www.guttmacher.org/in-the-know/characteristics.html

"ACultureWarrior" can vent about the evils of abortion until doomsday, but chooses to ignore the close link it has with poverty.

The reality is that if you are not serious about addressing poverty in America, you're not serious about addressing abortion!

Last edited: