Public Schools Aren't Broken. Destroying Children is what they were designed to do.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Glassjester, abortion rates have been steadily DECLINING in America, and you can google this fact yourself .
And it's a fact that before Roe v Wade, abortion rates were just as high as they were after . The only thing that changed was the legality and safeness of abortion. Roe was;t the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women dying from abortion .

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Glassjester, abortion rates have been steadily DECLINING in America, and you can google this fact yourself .
And it's a fact that before Roe v Wade, abortion rates were just as high as they were after . The only thing that changed was the legality and safeness of abortion. Roe was;t the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women dying from abortion .

Red herring.

Do you actually read peoples' postings on here, or do you just search for key words so that you can just start spouting liberal propaganda?

Reading comprehension. It's a thing. Just saying.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Killing unborn babies should never be *safe*.

HisServant

Condoms PREVENT unwanted pregnancies, which PREVENT abortions, and you object to schools doing this ? You can't have it both ways .

Its also a waste of time and should be left to their families. Our kids sure kniw about sex, social justice, tolerance and all. But cannot name our President, vice president, dont know the three branches of government and cannot read. I went through that nonsense, so did my kids.

Quetzal

Dig deep enough and you'll find that generally what right-wing Christians want is for the government (e.g., schools) to promote Christianity, to the exclusion of all other religions.
To be fair, I would prefer to exclude all religions, period (from the perspective of the government).

Quetzal

Its also a waste of time and should be left to their families. Our kids sure kniw about sex, social justice, tolerance and all. But cannot name our President, vice president, dont know the three branches of government and cannot read. I went through that nonsense, so did my kids.
I think that is a bit of a stretch, but I will subscribe to the idea that what I like to call "general knowledge" (Who your Senator is, how many members are in the House of Reps, etc) is lacking for sure.

Quetzal

Then why have abortion rates gone up with increased contraception use and availability?

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act...o-contraception-does-not-reduce-abortions.cfm
I believe the source you are citing jumped the gun. Here is a study that expands globally:

RESULTS: In seven countries—Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Uzbekistan, Bulgaria, Turkey, Tunisia and Switzerland—abortion incidence declined as prevalence of modern contraceptive use rose. In six others—Cuba, Denmark, Netherlands, the United States, Singapore and the Republic of Korea—levels of abortion and contraceptive use rose simultaneously. In all six of these countries, however, overall levels of fertility were falling during the period studied. After fertility levels stabilized in several of the countries that had shown simultaneous rises in contraception and abortion, contraceptive use continued to increase and abortion rates fell. The most clear-cut example of this trend is the Republic of Korea.
Source.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
whose version of Christianity do you want them to teach?

The catholics?
Mine?
Yours?
Benny Hinns?

this is where the issues comes with the state teaching religion, is that they cant please everyone and they don't tend to do it very well.

When public prayer was allowed in schools it was not a "version of someone's Christianity". When children bowed their heads they prayed to God, the same God that is mentioned in the Pledge of Allegiance (which you secular humanists want to get rid of as well).
For those parents that wanted a more specific religious orientated education for their children, they sent them to parochial schools or whichever domination their church was that had private schools.

BTW: As I told Mr. Fly, "your" version of religion is currently being taught in public schools: secular humanism.

Jose Fly

Except that wasn't our Founding Fathers original intent. But if we get to talking about the Founding Fathers you and your fellow secular humanists will start using words like "deists" and "slave owners", i.e. displaying your ignorance our of nation's Christian forefathers.

I'll gladly debate you anytime on the original intent of our Founding Fathers Mr. Fly. You can bring a representative from the American Civil Liberties Union along for backup if you wish.

Pass.

The point is that your supposed "separation of church and state" isn't being strictly enforced as you claim it should be.

Then you're just ignorant about what that means. Look up "reasonable accommodation".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Except that wasn't our Founding Fathers original intent. But if we get to talking about the Founding Fathers you and your fellow secular humanists will start using words like "deists" and "slave owners", i.e. displaying your ignorance our of nation's Christian forefathers.

I'll gladly debate you anytime on the original intent of our Founding Fathers Mr. Fly. You can bring a representative from the American Civil Liberties Union along for backup if you wish.

Yet another secular humanist that knows his limitations.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
The point is that your supposed "separation of church and state" isn't being strictly enforced as you claim it should be.

Then you're just ignorant about what that means. Look up "reasonable accommodation".

Nice try Mr. Fly, but public schools aren't "the workplace" for children.

Jose Fly

Reasonable accommodation applies to students at public schools as well. That's why when Muslim students requested they be able to pray at their prescribed times, the schools allowed them to use rooms that were otherwise empty at those times. And in the cases I've read about, the school officials made it clear that should any other religious group make a similar request, they would accommodate them as well.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Reasonable accommodation applies to students at public schools as well. That's why when Muslim students requested they be able to pray at their prescribed times, the schools allowed them to use rooms that were otherwise empty at those times. And in the cases I've read about, the school officials made it clear that should any other religious group make a similar request, they would accommodate them as well.

So when openly lesbian teacher Butch van Bull Dyke is teaching her class the finer points of the LGBTQueer lifestyle and agenda, a group of Christian students can go to a vacant classroom and start an hour long prayer session?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
aCW has a very good point here. The early American settlers educated their children that placed a heavy emphasis on the Bible, family, and the Christian life.
Many of the Founding Fathers were not Christians but deists - in an age where the Church was closely aligned with the State why is there no mention of religion in the Constitution?

Once again "a CultureWarrior" is inventing his own "self-serving" myths - this time about American education!

One of the strengths of America has been its access to a public education system whereby every citizen has an opportunity to be literate, and come to their own conclusions, rather than have the facts filtered by the religious establishment.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To be fair, I would prefer to exclude all religions, period (from the perspective of the government).

In School District of Abington Township v. Schempp, the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that "the State may not establish a religion of secularism in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe."

Government advancement of nontheistic or atheistic religious viewpoints would thus presumably be subject to the same limitations of the Establishment Clause as the prohibition against endorsing traditional theistic religious viewpoints. Indeed, the Supreme Court has held that non-theistic viewpoints can qualify as religious when they "occupy the same place in [a person's] life as the belief in a traditional deity holds,"2 "occupy . . . 'a place parallel to that filled by God' in traditional religious persons,"3 or comprise "an aspect of human thought and action which profoundly relates the life of man to the world in which he lives."4 In one case, the U.S. Supreme Court specifically listed "Secular Humanism" as a religious viewpoint.5
For First Amendment Purposes, Is Atheism a Religion?