Public Schools are Sin!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Zimfan said:
Next you'll be telling me you went to a public high school. :nono:
:chuckle:

actually I didn't. I went to a private school. When I reached highschool my parents gave me the choice to go to a public school, but I just stayed. There was no point to leaving; I had been there several years already, so why leave?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
... But, it has to be the choice of the parents.
I don't think that Crash would dispute that sin is a choice!

Granite

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
For the majority of Christians - yes!
Don't balme it on God, it is human weakness that is to blame.

So the majority of Christians have weak and flimsy faith.

If that's true, why should anyone listen to you guys?

Jukia

I may have missed something, but does Crash have any children and if so where do they go to school?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
keypurr said:
Your sick.
both my daughters went to public schools. In New England we got the best educators. I can say that because both my daughters are teachers. One of them has been teaching in public schools for 25 years. she has many past students who call her just to keep in touch.
I can understand your dissatisfaction with some of the things they must teach, but if your children are well taught at home as to what is truth, what are you concerned with? Most religious schools teach their lies and traditions how will kids educated ther get a fair assement of truth? Most home schoolers are not qualified to teach. It is one thing to know and quite another to teach. Evil is not just in public schools, start with the churches.

Gee, I didn't know I was sick. Are you sure it not you with the problem?
Are you a Christian?
Are your children?
You are fighting a straw man.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Granite said:
So the majority of Christians have weak and flimsy faith.
If that's true, why should anyone listen to you guys?

Yes.
You should be careful of Christians. Jesus warned people about his followers and when you see most any televangalist it becomes quite clear why he did that.

You should investigate the claims of Christians and the Bible because you want to know the truth. The truth will help you to live right and not destroy yourself. Your response to the truth determans your enternal state. Jesus made the highest truth claim of any man ever. He didn't say he was taught the truth and he didn't say he was a teacher of the truth. Jesus said He is the Truth. So it is worth the investigation. If the claims of the Bible don't hold up and the Christians can't solve the problems you a have found with the Bible and we are really wrong, then we are fools. If the answers to life are in the Bible and you reject it, then you have done so at the cost of your eternal damnation.

Did you reject God when you went to public school?

erinmarie

Jukia said:
I may have missed something, but does Crash have any children and if so where do they go to school?

:rotfl: Why would you EVER think that Crash sends his kids to school. The thread's name is "Public Schools Are Sin!"

I guess you could think he sends them to a private school? :think:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Jukia said:

I have 5 awesome children between the ages of 4 and 14. They have all been homeschooled. They love God and they are a joy to be with. They are also advanced in thier scholastics and have excellent social skills and manners! :D

How many do you have and where do they go to school?

Jukia

CRASH said:
I have 5 awesome children between the ages of 4 and 14. They have all been homeschooled. They love God and they are a joy to be with. They are also advanced in thier scholastics and have excellent social skills and manners! :D

How many do you have and where do they go to school?
4 kids, 30, 28, 25, 24. 2 girls then 2 boys. Public school then yuppie colleges and grad school. An MD, a PhD, and 2 in (horrors) law school. You would no doubt think it very unfortunate that they all tend to be left wing environmentalists but they make me happy, still get along with each other, still make me laugh and have never been arrested.

Granite

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
Yes.
You should be careful of Christians. Jesus warned people about his followers and when you see most any televangalist it becomes quite clear why he did that.

You should investigate the claims of Christians and the Bible because you want to know the truth. The truth will help you to live right and not destroy yourself. Your response to the truth determans your enternal state. Jesus made the highest truth claim of any man ever. He didn't say he was taught the truth and he didn't say he was a teacher of the truth. Jesus said He is the Truth. So it is worth the investigation. If the claims of the Bible don't hold up and the Christians can't solve the problems you a have found with the Bible and we are really wrong, then we are fools. If the answers to life are in the Bible and you reject it, then you have done so at the cost of your eternal damnation.

Did you reject God when you went to public school?

I went to a parochial school, genius.:rolleyes:

erinmarie

Jukia said:
4 kids, 30, 28, 25, 24. 2 girls then 2 boys. Public school then yuppie colleges and grad school. An MD, a PhD, and 2 in (horrors) law school. You would no doubt think it very unfortunate that they all tend to be left wing environmentalists but they make me happy, still get along with each other, still make me laugh and have never been arrested.

But, are they going to heaven?

erinmarie

Granite said:
I went to a parochial school, genius.:rolleyes:

*In Granite's whiny snotty voice* "I went to a parochial school, genius."

And look where it got you! Thirty-something, disillusioned, paranoid....
Maybe your parents should have homeschooled. :think:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Jukia said:

Unfortunate, is an understatement - I would consider myself a complete and utter failure if my kids were all left winger environmentalist who hate God like your kids do. Furthermore, I would dis-own any kid of mine who became a liar, I mean a lawyer. Err....same thing.

Public schools accomplished just what they were designed to do with your clan.

Granite

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
Parochial school. Thats Catholic right?

Not as I understand the word; "parochial" always meant "religious" to me. In any event it was the school associated with and run by my church at the time, which was of the non-denominational Protestant variety. One way or another you guessed wrong. Try-try again.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Granite said:
I went to a parochial school, genius.

So you reject Christ and the Bible because of what you saw and were tauaght there or because you made an in depth inquiry into the claims of the Bible?

Granite

Hall of Fame
erinmarie said:
*In Granite's whiny snotty voice* "I went to a parochial school, genius."

And look where it got you! Thirty-something, disillusioned, paranoid....
Maybe your parents should have homeschooled. :think:

I was homeschooled until the ninth grade.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Granite said:
Not as I understand the word; "parochial" always meant "religious" to me. In any event it was the school associated with and run by my church at the time, which was of the non-denominational Protestant variety. One way or another you guessed wrong. Try-try again.

Thanks, for continually pointing out how wrong I am.
If you don't tell me I have to guess, Larry.