Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

SaulToPaul 2

When a person comes to God through Jesus, they HAVE COME TO MOUNT ZION, to the heavenly Jerusalem. We actually come to heaven where God is.

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,

:doh:

Why do I bother...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is the Temple the kingdom of heaven?

No.

(Rev 21:22) I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Now, do you want to try answering the question?

Here it is again:

Do you believe the physical body of each believer is a temple for the Holy Spirit?

God's Truth

:doh:

Why do I bother...

When a person is saved, they have the kingdom of heaven within them.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

God's Truth

Doesn't work that way. I was talking to GT about the kingdom of heaven, and you want to slide in a side topic to distract from the fact she said something completely stupid.

Please answer tetelestai.

Do you believe the saved are the temple of the Holy Spirit?

Shasta

In a previous thread started by heir, heir closed the thread because she knows that 2 Peter 3 completely destroys her "two gospel" theory.

Here is the post that upset heir so much, that she closed the thread:

Paul said the following to the Galatians:

(Gal 1:8 KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Peter also wrote an epistle to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1 KJV) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

According to heir, Peter's epistle to the Galatians is a different gospel than Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

But, Paul tells the Galatians if anyone preaches a different gospel he preached to them, that they are to be accursed.

So, pretend your a Galatian in Galatia circa 55AD. A letter comes to your city from the Apostle Paul, and the letter says that if anyone preaches a different gospel, they are to be accursed. Then a letter comes to your city from Peter (that heir claims is a different gospel).

If what heir claims is true, then Peter, and anyone who preached what Peter sent to the Galatians would be accursed if it was really a different gospel (heir's claim)

So, it's impossible that Peter and Paul preached different gospels to the Galatians. Yet, that is what heir claims.

heir likes to quote 1 Cor 15:1-4, but she apparently doesn't read past verse 4

(1 Cor 15:11 KJV) Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

I read through this lengthy thread though I saw many proclamations, many elaborate expositions of MAD and rather too much acrimony, I have yet to see anyone who believes in dual gospels reconcile Gal. 1:8 and 1 Peter 1:1 which you brought up. Why haveso many apparently creative people not applied their collective exegetical abilities to solve this problem?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't work that way. I was talking to GT about the kingdom of heaven, and you want to slide in a side topic to distract from the fact she said something completely stupid.

The question pertains to what the two of you are discussing.

Why are you always so afraid of questions?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have yet to see anyone who believes in dual gospels reconcile Gal. 1:8 and 1 Peter 1:1 which you brought up. Why have so many apparently creative people not applied their collective exegetical abilities to solve this problem?

They keep ignoring it because they know it completely destroys their "two gospel" theory.

It's why they keep ignoring it over and over again.

I brought it up in heir's "two gospel" thread, and it upset her so much, she closed the thread.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please answer tetelestai.

Do you believe the saved are the temple of the Holy Spirit?

I believe those who are saved are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and the physical bodies of each believer are temples that the Holy Spirit dwells in.

STP's problem is that he takes everything literal, and in doing so, has no understanding of anything spiritual.

God's Truth

I believe those who are saved are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and the physical bodies of each believer are temples that the Holy Spirit dwells in.

STP's problem is that he takes everything literal, and in doing so, has no understanding of anything spiritual.

I wish he would answer your question.

I am wondering if his beliefs speak against each saved person receiving the Holy Spirit.

I am preparing myself to hear something new about his beliefs that goes against the scriptures.

Danoh

Right - for according to you and yours, the Lord "spiritually" returned in 70AD, as the Roman Army against Jerusalem.

STP's, heir's "problem" is they are tired of "answer a fool according to his folly."

You well know you are just baiting them into your nonsense.

john w

Hall of Fame
They keep ignoring it because they know it completely destroys their "two gospel" theory.

It's why they keep ignoring it over and over again.

I brought it up in heir's "two gospel" thread, and it upset her so much, she closed the thread.

Vs. your "Judas preached there is only one piece of good news in the book" theory?

john w

Hall of Fame
I read through this lengthy thread though I saw many proclamations, many elaborate expositions of MAD and rather too much acrimony, I have yet to see anyone who believes in dual gospels reconcile Gal. 1:8 and 1 Peter 1:1 which you brought up. Why haveso many apparently creative people not applied their collective exegetical abilities to solve this problem?

You realize, do you not, that con artist Preterist Tet., asserts that his saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, do you not? Go ahead-ask him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Right - for according to you and yours, the Lord "spiritually" returned in 70AD, as the Roman Army against Jerusalem.

STP's, heir's "problem" is they are tired of "answer a fool according to his folly."

His "nonsense," clown act:

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

"Everyone" that saw Him, according to Craigie, was Josephus, and Wikipedia. Wait....

Vs.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-Gomer Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Shazam, Gomer Tet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Once again, we see another MADist who has no answer for 2 Peter 3.

john w

Hall of Fame
Once again, we see another MADist who has no answer for 2 Peter 3.

As soon as you explain one of the 666 lies that you've spread on TOL, such as this lie, which we caught you on:

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

"Everyone" that saw Him, according to Craigie, was Josephus, and Wikipedia. Wait....

Vs.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-Gomer Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Danoh

The "mystery" was in regard to this prophesied "grace" which was promised to the Israelites, and it concerned what the suffering of the Lord did signify:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven" (1 Pet.1:10-1).​

Here Peter is saying that the prophets searched diligently in an effort to determine what the prophecies concerning Christ's suffering did signify but it was not revealed unto them. Even the Twelve Apostles, those closest to the Lord Jesus, did not realize that He was going to die (Lk.18:31-34) or be resurrected (Jn.20:9) until shortly before the Cross. They certainly did not know the "purpose" of the Cross, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Jn.3:24).

Roger M. Raymer writes:

"Concerning this salvation (cf. 'salvation' in vv. 5, 9) the prophets...searched intently and with the greatest care their own Spirit-guided writings. They longed to participate in this salvation and coming period of grace and tried to discover the appointed time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing. The pondered how the glorious Messiah could be involved in suffering" (Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], p.842).​

"which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven."

You have a typo, there, brother - its 1 Peter 1:10-12.

It happens.

Anyway, that is not Paul's Mystery - rather, that is this - Hebrews 2:

3. How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4. God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
5. For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.