program

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I think it's more of a 'convenience' list, so none of us 'needs' to be here :chuckle:

My initial guess would be that TH is Wesleyan Dispensational/Nazarene. We should have a contest! :D

If you are right, TH and I will have to have a talk . . .

Son of Jack

I think it's more of a 'convenience' list, so none of us 'needs' to be here :chuckle:

My initial guess would be that TH is Wesleyan Dispensational/Nazarene. We should have a contest! :D

I believe he would identify as I do. Just a guess.:)

The Berean

Most common would be speaking in tongues.

I think the easiest way to distinguish Pentacostals/Charismatics is their beliefs in how the gifts of the spirit operate in believers today.

I grew up in a pentecostal/charismatic church and I'm tempted to tell you to put me in there but it's not very accurate anymore. Now I usually attend an Episcopal church but that's not in your list, and I don't know if I'd characterize myself as that anyway. I suppose boring, old "Protestant" is where I should be. It's like the catch-all for people who don't belong anywhere else. :plain:

Are you tempted to put csguy in the Catholic category? :chuckle:
So you don't believe in the Pentecostal beliefs anymore?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
While that's true, and awesome, it doesn't mean I'm Baptist.:chuckle:

:noid:

More seriously, I thought I remembered you talking about going to a Baptist church or something like that. I'm probably mistaken. And, going to a church doesn't mean you identify as that denomination.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Maybe they are the only ones that can recognize Jesus in a ham bagel.

jesus-face-bagel-150x150.jpg

:chuckle:

Lon

I think I know of 2 Calvinist MADers. Hilston and sentientsynth.

I miss sentientsynth.

Neither. They do have some things in common with us, but unless you are a 5 pointer, you aren't Calvinist. Chalk these up to good old 'in common's.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Neither. They do have some things in common with us, but unless you are a 5 pointer, you aren't Calvinist. Chalk these up to good old 'in common's.

What are the differences between you and them?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Wow, and i thought Hilston was a Calvinist. So what point does he differ on?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You should be.:plain:

I guess my point is that if a person were to ask me, I would always identify as a Christian. Occasionally, I'll say that I am a member of the Way.:)
I got ya. :up: And so would I. Even when I would have strongly characterized myself as a Charismatic I think that if asked what my religious identification was I would have said 'Christian'. It's only if a fellow Christian was going further that I would be more specific.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So you don't believe in the Pentecostal beliefs anymore?
Not really. But I should probably say that my change isn't really because of scriptural arguments. I still believe that the pentecostal/charismatic views have some good scriptural basis and that, to go to the opposite side of the spectrum, cessationism has a pretty weak case.