Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...aborted ... naturally ...

Non sequiturs will not help you.

Neither will deflecting attention away from your perversion by pretending I am not upset by the thought that perhaps a handful of my own children have died without anyone knowing they ever existed. How utterly contemptuous of you.

Learn some empathy.

alwight

Non sequiturs will not help you.
Straw men won't change the fact that the body can reject and abort a pregnancy at any time, but do you empathise with all those lost human people that you must think are being lost all the time? Apparently you do...

Neither will deflecting attention away from your perversion by pretending I am not upset by the thought that perhaps a handful of my own children have died without anyone knowing they ever existed.
Statistically that would be two thirds of your conceptions have perished, but any of your own potential children are probably barely a drop in the ocean, I shall assume that in fact you do agonise dreadfully for them all, not just any of your own.
However I'll admit I don't Stripe, if it helps you to vilify me more easily.
God must sure work in some really mysterious ways if you are right. :think:

How utterly contemptuous of you.

Learn some empathy.
Then I'll try to empathise with your deep sense of loss for all of humanity, it must be almost unbearable for you, even if I don't actually share it.
I'll save most of mine for extant people instead.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Straw men won't change the fact that the body can reject and abort a pregnancy at any time, but do you empathise with all those lost human people that you must think are being lost all the time? Apparently you do...Statistically that would be two thirds of your conceptions have perished, but any of your own potential children are probably barely a drop in the ocean, I shall assume that in fact you do agonise dreadfully for them all, not just any of your own. However I'll admit I don't Stripe, if it helps you to vilify me more easily. God must sure work in some really mysterious ways if you are right. :think: Then I'll try to empathise with your deep sense of loss for all of humanity, it must be almost unbearable for you, even if I don't actually share it. I'll save most of mine for extant people instead.

And meanwhile you will defend a mother's choice to have her unborn child's arms and legs torn off, vacuumed out and disposed of as medical waste.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Straw men won't change the fact that the body can reject and abort a pregnancy at any time, but do you empathise with all those lost human people that you must think are being lost all the time?

155,000 people die every day.

are you suggesting that we should stop persecuting murderers? :freak:

I'll save most of mine for extant people instead.

a fetus is an extant person, as much as an infant, an adolescent, an adult or an elderly person on their deathbed

gcthomas

a fetus is an extant person, as much as an infant, an adolescent, an adult or an elderly person on their deathbed

An early foetus is NOT an extant person, but children and adults ARE. There. We can trade assertions. Sorted.

TruthSetsFree

why wasn't there the option I would have chosen

NEVER?

The only time abortion should be legal is in ECTOPIC pregancies...

Drs have been wrong many times about... whether a woman would die in childbirth or from carrying a child...

this is such a rare instance that it is almost nonexistent...

pregnancy is usally the HEALTHIEST condition a woman can be in...

gcthomas

Meaningless philosophical semantics. A fetus is an extant human. This indisputable fact should suffice.

Indisputably OF a human, so a human foetus. Not indisputably a person with the associated rights and responsibilities. Since I dispute it.

Why are you guys arguing with non-believers? They don't follow God's law.

I'm a moral person, so I follow most of what you call God's laws and I call secular ethics.

this is such a rare instance that it is almost nonexistent...

pregnancy is usally the HEALTHIEST condition a woman can be in...

There are two families in my wife's small church who have no mother because of death in child-birth. Pregnancy carries real health rishs.

Then University of Texas says that each year in the USA about 700 women die of pregnancy-related complications, 50,000 experience emergencies such as acute renal failure, shock, respiratory distress, aneurysms and heart surgery and additional 34,000 barely avoid death. Hardly the 'healthiest' condition.

alwight

Thanks for that. :plain:

"Persecuting murderers"? Yes
"Prosecuting murderers"? No

I might be persuaded that some foetuses are developed enough to qualify as persons. However I won't be persuaded that a zygote say has any innate "personhood" or "soul".

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So you must therefore callously conclude and accept the demise of two thirds of human "innocent life" at the zygote stage without any sign of remorse, respect or even batting an eye, yet I'm the villain here?
Attempting to build a straw men by equating those who die naturally with those who are intentionally killed just solidifies your position as an idiot.

Pull the other one LH you are a dogmatic, idiotic, hard hearted, vile, wicked wilter of the ground you walk upon.:IA:
I however see no such human tragedy going on at all simply because there are no human persons or children involved in zygotes.

See above.

Don't be so silly LH, no loving caring God that I at least would want to know would preside over the demise of two thirds of human "children". I am more than happy to go to such a god's hell. :plain:
You are such a foolish, twip.

Not only are you ignorant, you're also conceited and arrogant thinking yourself wise, so you open your mouth and remove all doubt as to your foolishness.

God presiding over the demise of the innocent? You really are an ignoramus.

You define people who die of natural causes out of existence in order to justify your desire that mothers be allowed to murder their children.

You are the vile one. :vomit:
Yup.

alwight

Attempting to build a straw men by equating those who die naturally with those who are intentionally killed just solidifies your position as an idiot.
I suggest that perhaps you call it a straw man simply because you don't like it and can't make it fit too well with your idea of God. Even if your God exists then it might just be that He knows better than you when a person actually does exist or does not.

You are such a foolish, twip.

Not only are you ignorant, you're also conceited and arrogant thinking yourself wise, so you open your mouth and remove all doubt as to your foolishness.
:yawn:

God presiding over the demise of the innocent? You really are an ignoramus.
Nevertheless if your God exists then that is indeed what is happening if zygotes really are somewhat more than just a human cell.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I suggest that perhaps you call it a straw man simply because you don't like it and can't make it fit too well with your idea of God. Even if your God exists then it might just be that He knows better than you when a person actually does exist or does not.

:yawn:

Nevertheless if your God exists then that is indeed what is happening if zygotes really are somewhat more than just a human cell.
Blaming God is just another nail in your idiot coffin.

And it's a straw man because you're trying to discredit me with an argument I don't make, moron.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't believe in your God so I can tell it like it is, while you clearly dare not.
Fine, go to Hell if that's what you want. It's your choice and I can't stop you. I really do wish you'd reconsider, though.

gcthomas

Fine, go to Hell if that's what you want. It's your choice and I can't stop you. I really do wish you'd reconsider, though.

Don't you think threatening atheists with hell is a bit of a rhetorical failure of imagination on your part, Lighthouse?

:crackup:

WizardofOz

Indisputably OF a human, so a human

A fetus is a human not of a human. A fetus is a genetically unique individual human.

A fetus is as of a human (or a male/female human pairing) as any other already born human is.

Not indisputably a person with the associated rights and responsibilities. Since I dispute it.

Ambiguous, philosophical semantics. What a person is is a wholly philosophical meandering and not a provable biological fact either way.

I say a fetus is you say it isn't. It's a pointless, subjective debate to engage in.

Status
Not open for further replies.