Status
Not open for further replies.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Poll Results
For any reason, but only up to a certain period during pregnancy
Greenrage, Paulos, pqmomba8, quip, rexlunae, The Horn

quip - have you changed your position? You've more recently said that abortion should be legal at any point of pregnancy...:think:

You know...you're correct. I voted with my heart instead of only my brain this time. I've no practical problem in restricting it from the latter months of pregnancy, only a political (flat-out proscription) objection to it. You know...give em an inch.....

Christian Liberty

Because it misses our position completely. It insinuates that we find something positive about abortion, when many of us don't.

Abortion is the snuffing of a human life, and has psychological and physiological consequences for the mother. Those who carelessly use it as birth control are worthy of condemnation. It is a tragedy (especially as the pregnancy progresses and the fetus gains more and more of the qualities we value in a person), and we are not trivializing it.

However, forcibly removing the rights of a woman to control what goes on in her own body is an even bigger tragedy.

Hence pro-choice, not pro-abortions.

How about pro-"having the state remove a woman's right to choose who can and can't use her body?"

Besides not fitting comfortably on a bumper sticker, it misrepresents many pro-lifers, who do acknowledge that depriving women of their right is not something they aspire to, but is only an acceptable evil to save a life.

It means you are logically inconsistent.

Jezebel

Am I the only person in the world that isn't bothered by the term pro abortion? I don't care if people refer to me as pro abortion, that's fine. I believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion anytime she chooses. I would have an abortion myself if I became pregnant as a result of rape and would be unapologetic about it.

Abortion is a legal medical procedure. Women have complete control over their bodies and are not obligated to share them with anyone. Furthermore, banning abortion does little to actually curb abortions and you can see this by the abortion rate in countries where it's legal vs illegal.

Abortion should be legal. There is nothing wrong with having an abortion.I'm not sorry for having that belief.

WizardofOz

I believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion anytime she chooses.

If a woman is 8 months pregnant, she should be able to walk into a Planned Parenthood and have her baby killed?

I would have an abortion myself if I became pregnant as a result of rape and would be unapologetic about it.

What if it just wasn't convenient to be pregnant? Would you have an abortion then and likewise be unapologetic about it?

Abortion is a legal medical procedure.

An abortion is a deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. Not all abortions are legal.

Women have complete control over their bodies and are not obligated to share them with anyone.

And the fetuses body and life be damned?

Furthermore, banning abortion does little to actually curb abortions and you can see this by the abortion rate in countries where it's legal vs illegal.

Irrelevant. If criminalizing speeding did nothing to prevent speeding, should speeding be legal?

Choose any such example that suits you.
Abortion should be legal. There is nothing wrong with having an abortion.I'm not sorry for having that belief.

If a woman doesn't use protection and gets one abortion after another, is there nothing wrong or destructive about this behavior? :think:

WizardofOz

yes, even you, woo :)

spock.jpg

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Am I the only person in the world that isn't bothered by the term pro abortion? I don't care if people refer to me as pro abortion, that's fine. I believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion anytime she chooses. I would have an abortion myself if I became pregnant as a result of rape and would be unapologetic about it.

Abortion is a legal medical procedure. Women have complete control over their bodies and are not obligated to share them with anyone. Furthermore, banning abortion does little to actually curb abortions and you can see this by the abortion rate in countries where it's legal vs illegal.

You've clearly never had one.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No you are not the only one. A lot of people think that ending human life, at any stage, is just fine.

alwight

No you are not the only one. A lot of people think that ending human life, at any stage, is just fine.
What is fine for me is to be allowed to make the proper timely choices for each individual case and its specific circumstances.
This would include a reasonable and prompt choice whether to be pregnant at all, if that was never the intention, or indeed an abortion at any time for reasonable medical reasons.
What is not fine is make out that pro-choice people are actively seeking abortions just for the sake of it. Even that they relish the idea because of a supposed innate evil intent rather than a perceived often least-worst human choice.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is not fine is make out that pro-choice people are actively seeking abortions just for the sake of it. Even that they relish the idea because of a supposed innate evil intent rather than a perceived often least-worst human choice.

so we shouldn't call them baby killers?

alwight

so we shouldn't call them baby killers?
Yes (or No?) you shouldn't, clearly abortions are for the most part to prevent future babies not actual ones, unless you suppose a zygote or an early term foetus yet to form a nervous system is a baby. I don't btw.
A pill after or early abortion is no more murder imo than is a pill before or any contraceptive method designed to enable personal choice in advance.

After that I see no reason to apply a blanket dogma to each individual case regardless of specific circumstances.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes (or No?) you shouldn't, clearly abortions are for the most part to prevent future babies not actual ones, unless you suppose a zygote or an early term foetus yet to form a nervous system is a baby. I don't btw.
A pill after or early abortion is no more murder imo than is a pill before or any contraceptive method designed to enable personal choice in advance.

After that I see no reason to apply a blanket dogma to each individual case regardless of specific circumstances.
Your ignorance of the abortion business shouldn't surprise me.

FYI, the image in Jefferson's avatar is the norm.

yeshuaslavejeff

Murder is murder. Yhvh forbids it. and there is a final penalty - death to the perpetrator. no matter what stage, or even if just in thought, or going along quietly. Since Yhvh created all things, and is the only final judge. that's that.

alwight

Your ignorance of the abortion business shouldn't surprise me.

FYI, the image in Jefferson's avatar is the norm.
I think the legal limit for abortions is generally 24 weeks both in the US and UK, unless medical reasons exist. I don't know about Jefferson's avatar or indeed if there were medical reason involved there and I suspect neither do you LH.
Anyway if abortions are done early enough then can I assume that your objections will be diminished accordingly? ;)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think the legal limit for abortions is generally 24 weeks both in the US and UK, unless medical reasons exist. I don't know about Jefferson's avatar or indeed if there were medical reason involved there and I suspect neither do you LH.
Anyway if abortions are done early enough then can I assume that your objections will be diminished accordingly? ;)
No, they wouldn't. But I can't expect you to understand that, as you're an idiot with absolutely no amount of respect for innocent life.

You are one of the most vile, wicked, people on the planet with your disregard for children and their lives.

You can deny it all you want, but you have no excuse; His attributes are seen, and have been since the foundation of the world. You are going to Hell, and you don't deserve Heaven. And I can only pray you find His mercy and surrender before it's too late.

alwight

No, they wouldn't. But I can't expect you to understand that, as you're an idiot with absolutely no amount of respect for innocent life.
So you must therefore callously conclude and accept the demise of two thirds of human "innocent life" at the zygote stage without any sign of remorse, respect or even batting an eye, yet I'm the villain here?
Pull the other one LH you are a dogmatic, idiotic, hard hearted, vile, wicked wilter of the ground you walk upon.:IA:
I however see no such human tragedy going on at all simply because there are no human persons or children involved in zygotes.

You are one of the most vile, wicked, people on the planet with your disregard for children and their lives.
See above.

You can deny it all you want, but you have no excuse; His attributes are seen, and have been since the foundation of the world. You are going to Hell, and you don't deserve Heaven. And I can only pray you find His mercy and surrender before it's too late.
Don't be so silly LH, no loving caring God that I at least would want to know would preside over the demise of two thirds of human "children". I am more than happy to go to such a god's hell. :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I however see no such human tragedy going on at all simply because there are no human persons or children involved in zygotes.

You define people who die of natural causes out of existence in order to justify your desire that mothers be allowed to murder their children.

You are the vile one. :vomit:

alwight

You define people who die of natural causes out of existence in order to justify your desire that mothers be allowed to murder their children.

You are the vile one. :vomit:
Assuming I am wrong for a moment then you, like LH, are perhaps the rather more "vile" one, since you, without complaint, accept that more human "people" are aborted albeit naturally than actually do become babies and children, while I don't.
You are also apparently quite content that raped women would have no choice not to be pregnant by a rapist, nor apparently to consider any case specific details, including the woman involved herself.

Your dogmatism imo would result in no woman having the right not to be pregnant if it was never intended, never mind assuring the rise of back street abortions and all of the mental anguish associated.
In short you don't seem to give a damn about extant, real people struggling already in this life, because everyone being forced to adhere to your own beliefs is more important to you than they are or their beliefs. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.