Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Gospel is the power of God unto Salvation unto who ?

Rom 1:16

[FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation [/FONT]to every one that believeth;[FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the original, believeth is a present participle active and should be believing. The point is this, those believing it was caused [their believing] by the Gospel being unto them, the Power of God. The Power of God, enforces the Gospel to cause them to believe , to begin their life of Faith.

To the elect of God, whom Christ has died for, and Spirit has given new life, the Spirit uses the Truth of the Gospel to advance, flourish, abound and thrive into their hew hearts and minds, to bring them unto Gospel obedience to Christ 2 Cor 10:3-5

[/FONT]For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

And so the regenerated elect, when they hear the Gospel Truths of how God makes sinners Righteous through the Person and Work of Christ, they become willing in the day of His Power Ps110:3

Thy people[the Sheep/elect] shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Paul writing to the Chosen in thessalonia writes 1 Thess 1:2-5

We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;3Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 4Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. 5[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For [/FONT]our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], [/FONT]and in the Holy Ghost,[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and[/FONT] in much assurance[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]; [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]See how Paul said that the Gospel came to them [the elect] not in word only, but in POWER [Rom 1:16][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In much assurance or conviction, or the full assurance of faith Heb 10:22

So the elect, in Gods appointed time, will hear and believe unto obedience the Gospel, the Power of God ensures it !
[/FONT]

beloved57

Them who are lost cant believe the Gospel because it is being hid from them 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. The word hid is in the perfect tense, to denote that its permanently hid from them. These are perishing, to say perishing in their sins. Again Paul describes them as them that are perishing here 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish G622 foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Lost and persih are the same greek word apollymi and means:

1. metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
  2. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed

Now they which are perishing or lost can and do naturally hear the Truths of the Gospel, however the Truths are to them foolishness,silliness, i.e. absurdity:

For instance, one of the basic Truths of the Cross is that by it, men are reconciled to God while yet still being enemies Rom 5:10, and thats foolishness to them that are perishing. The wonder how can a person be reconciled to God and be His enemy at the same time ? But nevertheless its a Gospel of Gods Grace Truth !

beloved57

It is never ever shameful to obey God.

What verse says that ?

Also, Christ obeyed God for the elect, and it made them righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.[/FONT]

Nanja

Them who are lost cant believe the Gospel because it is being hid from them 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. The word hid is in the perfect tense, to denote that its permanently hid from them. These are perishing, to say perishing in their sins. Again Paul describes them as them that are perishing here 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish G622 foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Lost and persih are the same greek word apollymi and means:

1. metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell
  2. to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed

Now they which are perishing or lost can and do naturally hear the Truths of the Gospel, however the Truths are to them foolishness,silliness, i.e. absurdity:

For instance, one of the basic Truths of the Cross is that by it, men are reconciled to God while yet still being enemies Rom 5:10, and thats foolishness to them that are perishing. The wonder how can a person be reconciled to God and be His enemy at the same time ? But nevertheless its a Gospel of Gods Grace Truth !

Amen! To those who are lost and perishing those Spiritual Truths come to them in word only 1 Thes. 1:5; not in the Power of the Holy Spirit because they are spiritually dead. And all the works they do in the flesh such as obeying, seeking, calling on His Name, etc. cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8!

beloved57

Amen! To those who are lost and perishing those Spiritual Truths come to them in word only 1 Thes. 1:5; not in the Power of the Holy Spirit because they are spiritually dead. And all the works they do in the flesh such as obeying, seeking, calling on His Name, etc. cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8!

Amen !

beloved57

Even though the proud natural man can't accept the fact that the Gospel is hidden from them that are lost as per 2 Cor 4:3-4 so they can't believe, the Gospel is to them a Mystery. Those who say that the natural unregenerated man , without the Spirit of God in them, can believe the Gospel, they do lie! The Gospel of Christ is a Mystery. Here's some scripture to that fact. Paul writing to the Ephesians writes Ephesians 6:19
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

The Gospel here uses the definite article, so Paul is speaking of the one definite Gospel that he preached see Gal 1:8-9 !

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
More on the national rejection, casting away of Israel, they are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Something needs to be clarified about this truth, even though the physical descendants of Abraham Israel has suffered permanently a national rejection, that doesn't entail or mean a ethnic rejection, for the two are entirely different. That is why Paul could say even in lieu of the national rejection, that it didn't mean ethnic rejection, notice Rom 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Also ethnic jews would be included in the Abrahamic, Gen 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

ethnic jews are part of all the families of the earth.

Romans 11:25-36

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

#Keep chasing your own tail

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.