Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

nanja

The Elect of God all receive this Gift of Righteousness passively

Exactly ! Rom 5:17

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The receiving here is passive in that the grace was vouchsafe upon them and the gift of righteousness imputed, they received the righteusness by a gracious act of imputation Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works

Nanja

nanja

Exactly ! Rom 5:17

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The receiving here is passive in that the grace was vouchsafe upon them and the gift of righteousness imputed, they received the righteusness by a gracious act of imputation Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works

So true! And because this Gift of Righteousness is imputed without works, that precludes any action whatsoever a person may do or perform as a condition to receive it, such as hearing, or believing on Christ which is a work [ergon] of the mind.

But this Gift of Righteousness was imputed to God's Elect exclusively, in their Surety Head, even while they were being enemies and ungodly Rom. 5:10, according to the Purpose and Grace of God Given them from everlasting.

~~~~~

beloved57

So true! And because this Gift of Righteousness is imputed without works, that precludes any action whatsoever a person may do or perform as a condition to receive it, such as hearing, or believing on Christ which is a work [ergon] of the mind.

But this Gift of Righteousness was imputed to God's Elect exclusively, in their Surety Head, even while they were being enemies and ungodly Rom. 5:10, according to the Purpose and Grace of God Given them from everlasting.

~~~~~
Amen Sister!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

Who is the Gospel preached to as a Word of Salvation ?

Now although the Gospel is proclaimed to all indiscriminately, in that Christ says it shall be preached to all nations as a witness Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Yet its only to a remnant of mankind that it will be a Word of Salvation unto.

It's a Word of Salvation unto them that have been spiritually prepared to receive it as such. It's sent to them that fear God as a Word of Salvation, as Per Acts 13:26
Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Note that it's sent to them that fear God, which no man does by nature, Rom 3:11,18
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So if men do fear God, its because God has put it in them to do so supernaturally.

Jer 32:40
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

And to such as these is the Gospel preached to them as a Word of Salvation, even the Guard of their Salvation Ephesians 1:13!

Nanja

Who is the Gospel preached to as a Word of Salvation ?

Now although the Gospel is proclaimed to all indiscriminately, in that Christ says it shall be preached to all nations as a witness Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Yet its only to a remnant of mankind that it will be a Word of Salvation unto.

It's a Word of Salvation unto them that have been spiritually prepared to receive it as such. It's sent to them that fear God as a Word of Salvation, as Per Acts 13:26
Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Note that it's sent to them that fear God, which no man does by nature, Rom 3:11,18
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

So if men do fear God, its because God has put it in them to do so supernaturally.

Jer 32:40
And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

And to such as these is the Gospel preached to them as a Word of Salvation, even the Guard of their Salvation Ephesians 1:13!

Perfectly stated! The natural man is only capable of seeking the god of his own darkened understanding.

Eph. 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart

~~~~~

beloved57

Perfectly stated! The natural man is only capable of seeking the god of his own darkened understanding.

Eph. 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart

~~~~~

Absolutely !

beloved57

What did the resurrection of Christ evidence ?

What did the resurrection of Christ evidence ?

Paul in writing to the Church at Corinth, wrote 1 Cor 15:1-4,17

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Christ's Resurrection is an evidence, that those sinners He died for, they are not in their sins ! They have no sins to die in Jn 8:24. Paul wrote also in Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So that Christ's Resurrection is an evidence that those whom sins He died for, or offences He was delivered up unto death for, that they are Justified because of it !

And theirs no Faith in the Gospel and Christ if one doesn't believe that Christ's death alone Justified them ! So they are Justified before they believe, and that is what they come to believe.

Christ's resurrection proved they were already Justified, because He was raised again for [because of] our Justification ! So Christ's resurrection gives evidence of the Justification of those Christ died for !

beloved57

Those that Christ died for, are eventually by God sent the Gospel, which to them is the Gospel of their salvation Eph 1:13, the power of God Rom 1:16, and it [the Gospel] serves to make manifest their regeneration, and their being sanctified, set apart by the Spirit of God, and it makes known their election 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice the sequence, having from the beginning, being chosen, sanctified by the spirit, and called by the Gospel, so to believe the Truth ! So the Chosen are the ones called by the Gospel, no not a false arminian gospel, but the True Gospel, but that Gospel which teaches the Truths of TULIP, Total depravity, Unconditional election, limited atonement, irresistible Grace, and Preservation of the Saints !

Nanja

Paul in writing to the Church at Corinth, wrote 1 Cor 15:1-4,17

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Christ's Resurrection is an evidence, that those sinners He died for, they are not in their sins ! They have no sins to die in Jn 8:24. Paul wrote also in Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So that Christ's Resurrection is an evidence that those whom sins He died for, or offences He was delivered up unto death for, that they are Justified because of it !

And theirs no Faith in the Gospel and Christ if one doesn't believe that Christ's death alone Justified them ! So they are Justified before they believe, and that is what they come to believe.

Christ's resurrection proved they were already Justified, because He was raised again for [because of] our Justification ! So Christ's resurrection gives evidence of the Justification of those Christ died for !

So True! Justification before God is based solely upon Christ's death for those He died for: His Sheep John 10:11, 15; the evidence that their sins were imputed to Him Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8, and He was risen again for their Justification as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20.

But if a person claims that their own believing / faith is what got them Saved or Justified, then what they are saying is that it was their own work of the flesh that Justified themselves before God, and so makes them their own saviour Is. 64:6; Rom. 8:8.

~~~~

beloved57

nanja

But if a person claims that their own believing / faith is what got them Saved or Justified, then what they are saying is that it was their own work of the flesh that Justified themselves before God, and so makes them their own saviour Is. 64:6; Rom. 8:8.

Amen thy are proud and boasting !

Nanja

Full of self righteousness. They did something others did not do !

Exactly! Like boastfully saying, "look at me, look what I did, unless you do what I did, you're going to hell"

Just putrid rags in God's sight!

~~~~

musterion

False.

There is all the difference in the world between boasting that your own faith saved you (which I guess some do, but I've never met them), and acknowledging that believing the Gospel is doing only what God has commanded ALL to do to be saved. If you can't see the difference between the two, it says something about you.

beloved57

False.

There is all the difference in the world between boasting that your own faith saved you (which I guess some do, but I've never met them), and acknowledging that believing the Gospel is doing only what God has commanded ALL to do to be saved. If you can't see the difference between the two, it says something about you.

Believing is something man does, so its an work !

Nanja

Believing is something man does, so its an work !

Yes, TY Brother!

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work [Gr. ergon] of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So, first a person is Given the Spirit in New Birth, then the good work of Believing/Faith with his New Mind/Heart Ezek. 36:26-27 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

~~~~

beloved57

Yes, TY Brother!

Faith is a Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22 given in New Birth to every one of God's Elect Saints.

But the Faith exercised in the mind of a carnal man is a work [Gr. ergon] of the flesh which cannot please God Rom 8:7-8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So, first a person is Given the Spirit in New Birth, then the good work of Believing/Faith with his New Mind/Heart Ezek. 36:26-27 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

~~~~
Amen !

beloved57

Man by nature abhors the Gospel of Gods Grace

Acts 20:24-25

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Again man by nature hates the Gospel of the Grace of God through Jesus Christ , for it must reign Rom 5: 21

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now the reason for this enmity against the Gospel that all men have by nature, to include myself, is because this Gospel teaches that Salvation by Grace is the result of Election, more specific the Election of Grace; wherein some, not all, were chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and its based upon only pure Grace apart from any works Rom 11:5-6, to include any foreseen actions of men of good or evil Rom 9:11

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

So this cleary teaches that Gods purpose of Election has nothing to do with the persons actions [having not done any] not even born yet to do anything !

Now this election of Grace principle gives the natural man no cause to boast, no reason to boast. This is contrary to our nature as depraved sinners, who are given to boasting. 2 Tim 3:2

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Eph 2:9

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

​So man by nature, hates this part of the Gospel of the Grace of God, because it gives us no occasion to boast at all !

beloved57

Man by nature abhors the Gospel of Gods Grace 2

The other Gospel doctrine, which formulates the Gospel of Gods Grace that men by nature abhor and shun, it is that of Gods Free Gift through Jesus Christ of Righteousness, or imputed Righteousness without works Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)

This is the same as being made Righteous by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So Rom 4:6;5:17,19 speak to the same free gift of imputed righteousness without works ! Now its imputed unto many solely based upon the merits of Christ's obedience. Hence by or through the Obedience of one, many shall be or are made/constituted /declared to be Righteous Rom 5:19. Now man by nature rejects this Gospel of Gods Grace message, because he cant boast about any work or obedience of his own, that help make him righteous. So the Gospel of Gods Grace does away with any reason or have occasion to boast !

Status
Not open for further replies.