Pops refutes the biblical concept of the Trinity

MennoSota

We are our spirit. When our body dies, it decays and goes to dust.
When our body dies, our spirit lives on in consciousness.

The scriptures say there is ONE SPIRIT. God made us as He is---one spirit. We are our spirit. God does not have three different Spirits making three Persons. God also is not One Spirit and three Persons.

The Bible says there is one God. This one being called God is found in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
To your first statement, I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection of our bodies to new life and that we will be made new.

God's Truth

The Bible says there is one God. This one being called God is found in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
The word 'distinct' means 'different'. There is nothing different about the Father and the Son, they are exactly alike.
To your first statement, I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection of our bodies to new life and that we will be made new.
I do believe that we will be given new bodies.

MennoSota

The word 'distinct' means 'different'. There is nothing different about the Father and the Son, they are exactly alike.

I do believe that we will be given new bodies.
If they were exactly alike they wouldn't be three distinct persons. They would be only one person, but the Bible never presents the one being known as God as only one distinct person. It presents the being known as God as three distinct persons who are equally the one being known as God.

God's Truth

If they were exactly alike they wouldn't be three distinct persons. They would be only one person, but the Bible never presents the one being known as God as only one distinct person. It presents the being known as God as three distinct persons who are equally the one being known as God.

What Jesus says, it is what the Father says.

You can't get around the fact that Jesus ONLY says what the Father says.

Even when you look at Jesus, you can say, "I see the Father".

MennoSota

What Jesus says, it is what the Father says.

You can't get around the fact that Jesus ONLY says what the Father says.

Even when you look at Jesus, you can say, "I see the Father".
Jesus and the Father talk with one another and both talk with the Spirit. We see the three distinct persons of the one being known as God interacting together at the same time. See Jesus baptism for evidence.
The problem is not with me being unable to get around facts, the peoblem is with you denying the facts of the Godhead.

God's Truth

We have a spirit inside of us that gives our dead bodies life. We are given the spirit from God at conception.

Our bodies grow and our spirit looks like our body as it forms with it.

Some people's spirit is so far hidden as they live to please their flesh.

They live to please their flesh by committing sexual sins.

They live to please their flesh by other means too; such as food, alcohol, drugs, and even abusing sleep.

They live for the things of this world, such as having great fame, over abundance of wealth to waste, waste with gold and silver etc.

Then there are those who are more spiritual, and they aren't as interested in the flesh and the things of this world.

They want more out of life.

Some get entrapped at this time by false teachers and false religions.

Some get Jesus' teachings in the New Testament and obey them.

They never give up, give out, or give in.

They keep doing right and they keep believing and waiting on Jesus to save them.

He saves them and then their spirit is saved and as they obey their spirit gets stronger.

God's Truth

Jesus and the Father talk with one another and both talk with the Spirit. We see the three distinct persons of the one being known as God interacting together at the same time. See Jesus baptism for evidence.
The problem is not with me being unable to get around facts, the peoblem is with you denying the facts of the Godhead.

They talk to each other? They are one and the same. The voice is for us, not Jesus.

God's Truth

Not anything. He cannot go against His own nature. For example He could not cause Himself to not exist.
Are you really going to hang your theory on ventriloquism?

Who said anything sinful?
You are the one who is hanging his beliefs on the ventriloquism thing.

Lon

It is a simple question friend.
Simple questions tend to get confused and conflated and broadly simple in such a way that they don't really shed light on anything.

The body and bride of Christ is not God. It would be inappropriate for anybody to say John 20:28 to a body member.

Compare Revelation 19:10, 22:9 Acts 10:26 to Revelation 1:17 and John 20:28

Whatever 'simple' answer you are looking for should not be 'simpleton.' Such makes both of us simpletons for having done it. The theology of God is deep and not spun on a dime nor left to simpletons. You and I need to up our study and honor the Son. John 5:23