Polyamory

Christiano

What do you guys think about this?

I am against polyamory (although I am in favor of polygamy).

OBS: Click on the subtitles function of the player to activate it.

Interplanner

Why one but not the other? You can't do one without the other.

btw, a part of M-F love is sexual, but not all sex is love.

Christiano

I'm not going to say anything about polygamy in this thread (there's already a thread about it in the board; I'll post there).

btw, a part of M-F love is sexual, but not all sex is love.
I'm quite aware of that. I've already made this confusion when I was young, but not anymore.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What do you guys think about this?

I am against polyamory (although I am in favor of polygamy).

...[N]ot all sex is love.

...I've already made this confusion when I was young, but not anymore.

spray_emoticon_by_juliatoffy-d79if3a.gif
Reprobates don't love (1 Pe 1:22). :dizzy:

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14]
stripper.gif
heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
polyamory is adultery...
Yep (Mt 5:28).

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. :burnlib: 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 (NKJV)

Interplanner

I'm not going to say anything about polygamy in this thread (there's already a thread about it in the board; I'll post there).

I'm quite aware of that. I've already made this confusion when I was young, but not anymore.

But you didn't explain why you would do one, not the other. God's sexual law is human heterosexual monogamy.

Christiano

But you didn't explain why you would do one, not the other. God's sexual law is human heterosexual monogamy.

In polygamy, there are two possibilities: polygyny (a man with many wives) and polyandry (a wife with many husbands). In polyamory, there are many loves, independent of gender. Let's say that I get maried to a bissexual woman (let's say her name is Carla). In polyamory, if Carla falls in love with Fernanda (another woman) and Fernanda also falls for Carla, they can start dating and maybe get married. If we decided early on that this would be a polyamorous relationship, I wouldn't be able to change my mind and prevent Carla from marrying another woman, since I knew from the beiginning this could happen. That's why I would never enter a polyamorous relationship. And neighter a polyandrist one.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
In polygamy, there are two possibilities: polygyny (a man with many wives) and polyandry (a wife with many husbands). In polyamory, there are many loves...

You aren't capable of loving (1 Pe 1:22). :dizzy: You're capable of lust (1 John 3:8–12). :idunno: Re 22:11

Last edited:

marhig

In polygamy, there are two possibilities: polygyny (a man with many wives) and polyandry (a wife with many husbands). In polyamory, there are many loves, independent of gender. Let's say that I get maried to a bissexual woman (let's say her name is Carla). In polyamory, if Carla falls in love with Fernanda (another woman) and Fernanda also falls for Carla, they can start dating and maybe get married. If we decided early on that this would be a polyamorous relationship, I wouldn't be able to change my mind and prevent Carla from marrying another woman, since I knew from the beiginning this could happen. That's why I would never enter a polyamorous relationship. And neighter a polyandrist one.
That's disgusting! I've never even heard of things like this before, why on earth would someone who believes in God be looking into things like that? It's wrong before God to do those things. They are an abomination before the living God!

marhig

Galatians 5

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

We glorify God, not filth like this being discussed here!

Christiano

You aren't capable of loving (1 Pe 1:22). :dizzy: You're capable of lust (1 John 3:8–12). :idunno: Re 22:11
Yes, it is possible to love more than one woman at the same time. In 1993, I fell in love with a friend of mine. She didn't want to date me and, a few years later, we lost contact. She got married to another guy, they had a kid, they got divorced. A few years ago, I found her on Facebook and we got to be friends again. What I didn't tell her is that I still love her, even after 23 years later. If it was just lust, it wouldn't have lasted more than 20 years.

In 2012, I fell in love to another woman and this time I was luckier: we got married. I truly love both of them.