Planned Parenthood caught selling body parts of aborted babies

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nice try. Wanting to limit abuses in the welfare system is not the same as eliminating it. Typical deflection.

Limiting fraud is not all that these people are about, and you know it. Cutting or eliminating WIC, going out of your way to kick people off the rolls who still need help--spare me the old "we're just trying to prevent fraud" crap.

Sancocho

Limiting fraud is not all that these people are about, and you know it. Cutting or eliminating WIC, going out of your way to kick people off the rolls who still need help--spare me the old "we're just trying to prevent fraud" crap.

Ok, lets say the goal is to reduce to a great margin the number of people on welfare as you claim. So now what do we do?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ok, lets say the goal is to reduce to a great margin the number of people on welfare as you claim. So now what do we do?

In the real world? Typically the answer is "nothing."

The GOP acts like it's mission accomplished once they've hurt as many poor people as possible and kicked as many of them off the rolls as possible. And I say that's vicious, callous, and inhumane...at least.

Sancocho

In the real world? Typically the answer is "nothing."

The GOP acts like it's mission accomplished once they've hurt as many poor people as possible and kicked as many of them off the rolls as possible. And I say that's vicious, callous, and inhumane...at least.

It is inhumane to not take care of the poor.

It is also inhumane to kill children for whatever reason. Do you concur?

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is inhumane to not take care of the poor.

Good, glad we were able to clear that up.

It is also inhumane to kill children for whatever reason. Do you concur?

I will once you call out Jehovah for ordering and condoning just that.

Your move.

PureX

You invest in infrastructure, creating jobs that pay livable wages. You raise the minimum wage, creating jobs that pay livable wages, you impose tariffs on products produced by cheap foreign labor to increase their manufacture here at home, creating jobs that pay livable wages, and you set up a universal health care system so that people won't lose their health care if they take one of these new entry-level jobs.

… All of which the republican party adamantly opposes.

Sancocho

You invest in infrastructure, creating jobs that pay livable wages. You raise the minimum wage, creating jobs that pay livable wages, you impose tariffs on product produced in foreign sweatshops to increase their manufacture at home, creating jobs that pay livable wages, and you set up a universal health care system so that people won't lose their health care if they take an entry-level job.

… All of which the republican party adamantly opposes.

Let's say you are right.

Now what do you propose?

Sancocho

I will once you call out Jehovah for ordering and condoning just that.

Your move.

Correct me if I am wrong - since God commanded the Jews to kill other people including children this is the justification for killing children in the womb?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Correct me if I am wrong - since God commanded the Jews to kill other people including children this is the justification for killing children in the womb?

You said:

"It is also inhumane to kill children for whatever reason."

I'm asking if you hold your own deity to the same standard. If so, why follow him? If not, then what's your own pet version of the typical excuses?

Either way, you don't seem to be in much of a position to act as moral arbiter.

Sancocho

You said:

I'm asking if you hold your own deity to the same standard. If so, why follow him? If not, then what's your own pet version of the typical excuses?

Either way, you don't seem to be in much of a position to act as moral arbiter.

Ok, since God once used the Jews as His hand of justice we are equally justified in killing innocent children. Therefore, now killing children has now become a more moral decision than not feeding them.

Good grief, no wonder the world is so screwed up.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ok, since God once used the Jews as His hand of justice we are equally justified in killing innocent children. Therefore, now killing children has now become a more moral decision than not feeding them.

Good grief, no wonder the world is so screwed up.

You have a real hard time reading what people actually say.

So, let's try this again.

You said:

I said I'll agree once you hold Jehovah to the very same standard.

What say you.

Sancocho

You have a real hard time reading what people actually say.

So, let's try this again.

You said:

I said I'll agree once you hold Jehovah to the very same standard.

What say you.

If I don't hold God to the same standard can I assume you will not agree that killing children is inhumane?

Granite

Hall of Fame
If I don't hold God to the same standard can I assume you will not agree that killing children is inhumane?

You can assume whatever you want (given your questionable reading comprehension you seem to be a pro at that). But right now you're stalling, and I've been here and done this before.

Sancocho

You can assume whatever you want (given your questionable reading comprehension you seem to be a pro at that). But right now you're stalling, and I've been here and done this before.

I stated:

and you responded:

"I said I'll agree once you hold Jehovah to the very same standard."

It is clear you will agree that killing children is inhumane if I hold God to the same standard as us.

Please clarify your stance if I don't hold God to the same standard.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I stated:

and you responded:

"I said I'll agree once you hold Jehovah to the very same standard."

It is clear you will agree that killing children is inhumane if I hold God to the same standard as us.

Please clarify your stance if I don't hold God to the same standard.

Well that's the thing: You won't and can't hold the almighty to the same standard. Killing children was perfectly okay with him.

Sancocho

Well that's the thing: You won't and can't hold the almighty to the same standard. Killing children was perfectly okay with him.

And the clear inference is that killing children is perfectly ok with you, correct?

If not please clarify you stance.

Granite

Hall of Fame
And the clear inference is that killing children is perfectly ok with you, correct?

If not please clarify you stance.

You're the one who raised the issue so I'm trying to figure out if it's perfectly okay with you. As a Christian, you'll have to tap dance and or otherwise excuse what Jehovah directly commanded.

Sancocho

You're the one who raised the issue so I'm trying to figure out if it's perfectly okay with you. As a Christian, you'll have to tap dance and or otherwise excuse what Jehovah directly commanded.

You have done nothing but tap dancing.

As far as God goes, His decisions are certainly just and He loves children. And since He knows them before they were born He also helps them to enter His kingdom regardless of whether they were killed unjustly or were part of a society that was deemed unfit to remain. Such will be the case when America's judgment comes. I do not expect the wicked to be led from this world to the next with such love and protection though. Word to the wise.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You have done nothing but tap dancing.

As far as God goes, His decisions are certainly just and He loves children. And since He knows them before they were born He also helps them to enter His kingdom regardless of whether they were killed unjustly or were part of a society that was deemed unfit to remain. Such will be the case when America's judgment comes. I do not expect the wicked to be led from this world to the next with such love and protection though. Word to the wise.

No, but you stalled for a while before finally answering the question.

Basically, this boils down to "when God says to kill children, it's okay."