Planned Parenthood butchers reject federal funding offer proposed by Trump

jeffblue101

http://www.redstate.com/scotthounse...d-rejects-federal-funding-offer-donald-trump/
Looks like someone has to pick up a copy of The Art of the Deal.

For a group of people that has been complaining an awful lot of being defunded, they certainly don’t know how to accept funding.

President Donald Trump made an offer to Planned Parenthood today that one might think could not be refused. From CNN:

Planned Parenthood swiftly rejected Monday a proposal by President Donald Trump that would have pledged his support for federal funding for the women’s health organization if it ceased providing abortion services.

Cecile Richards tweeted about their rejection:

Cecile Richards ✔ @CecileRichards
Planned Parenthood is proud to provide abortion—a necessary service that’s as vital to our mission as birth control or cancer screenings.

the blood thirsty baby butchers were never going to accept such a deal that removes such important part of their business.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's amazing how women can burn through all that birth control and government aid, and still manage to kill a million fetuses every year.

It's amazing that men are looked at as the deviants when this blunder on the entire human race marches on.

And what's most amazing is that I'm the bigot- that there's something wrong with me and not them :rolleyes:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://www.redstate.com/scotthounse...d-rejects-federal-funding-offer-donald-trump/

the blood thirsty baby butchers were never going to accept such a deal that removes such important part of their business.

PP will do just fine without federal funding Jeffrey. They have people (who run big corporations) like Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in their corner who is a strong supporter of private funding.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/exxon...nthood-under-tillersons-watch/article/2005831

Starbucks, Microsoft and many more corporations will pick up the slack.

But wait, there's more!

Let's not forget about the respective States:

[Massachusetts] Governor Charlie Baker is pledging to boost state funding for Planned Parenthood clinics in Massachusetts if his fellow Republicans in Washington push ahead with a plan to slash the flow of federal dollars to the organization.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-parenthood/vRQVPpF3H7nPmbkct8kJeJ/story.html

So tell me Jeffrey: When did putting a bandaid over a cancer become the solution to a problem?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
The abortion rate would be much higher than it is already WITHOUT Planned Parenthood . Poverty and hopelessness are the cause of abortion, not PP . Defending it will actually increase the abortion rate disastrously in America . Legal or not, abortion will happen - get over it .
Trying to stop abortion by making it illegal makes abut as much sense as trying to stop a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it .

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If abortion were illegal, there would be hardly a fraction of abortions that occur in the course of a year in America.

The Horn denies this, because The Horn doesn't live in reality- he lives in liberal fantasy land where what he states actually make sense :chuckle:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
" If abortion were illegal, there would be only a tiny fraction of the abortions which occur today ".
Wrong ! Back-alley abortionists would be all over America , run by unscrupulous individuals without the necessary medical training , and poor women would die every day , or nearly perish .
In fact, the abortion rate remained pretty much the same as it was before Roe v Wade .
Roe wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
And if our government makes abortion illegal again, back-alley abortionists will immediately spring up all over this country, and the same horrible pre Roe conditions will return .
The poorest women who were unable to afford abortions would attempt to self-abort , and virtually guarantee their deaths .
Fact : More abortions happen in countries where it is illegal than where it is legal .
Repealing Obamacare will increase the abortion rate in America , because it ironically PREVENTED an enormous number of abortions by providing poor women with the medical care they needed but could not afford .
I'm not making any of this up . You can easily googles these facts for yourself .

glassjester

You believe that an increase in the abortion rate is not a bad occurrence?

That's odd.

Of course I think it's terrible. But that's because I know that abortion is murder.

What I don't understand is why someone, who doesn't think abortion is murder, thinks an increase in abortion is disastrous. How is it any more disastrous than an increase in condom sales?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
" If abortion were illegal, there would be only a tiny fraction of the abortions which occur today ".
Wrong ! Back-alley abortionists would be all over America , run by unscrupulous individuals without the necessary medical training , and poor women would die every day , or nearly perish .
It's certainly true that where people desire a thing the law forbids them there will always be an element to provide it and those willing to risk for it. Not an argument for the legalizing of anything so much as a recognition of human nature.

In fact, the abortion rate remained pretty much the same as it was before Roe v Wade .
No, there's no reason to believe that and ample evidence, beyond the obvious, for thinking differently. Many people will break the law to suit their inclinations, but many will obey the law for fear of its penalty or find their inclinations more comfortably tailored to avoid the risk. That said, make a thing legal and those who were willing to flaunt the law to obtain the thing desired will still approach, along with many who would have refrained and some who felt free to consider and considering join in.

Roe wasn't the beginning of abortion in America. It was the end of women DYING from abortion .
Some women, to be sure.

Fact : More abortions happen in countries where it is illegal than where it is legal .
It's a misleading fact. Flesh it out.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Sorry . Finger slip. I meant defunding, not defending . And yes, PP MUST be defended because it saves the lives or poor women all over America and actually PREVENTS many abortions .

quip

BANNED
Banned
Of course I think it's terrible. But that's because I know that abortion is murder.

What I don't understand is why someone, who doesn't think abortion is murder, thinks an increase in abortion is disastrous. How is it any more disastrous than an increase in condom sales?

It seems that you're of the extremist's opinion that if you believe abortion is not murder thus you must encourage abortion.
You're logic is flawed...perhaps influenced.

glassjester

It seems that you're of the extremist's opinion that if you believe abortion is not murder thus you must encourage abortion.
You're logic is flawed...perhaps influenced.

Nope. I didn't say I expect Horn to encourage it. I just asked why he considered it "disastrous."

Do you consider it disastrous?

quip

BANNED
Banned
What do you mean?

What's disastrous about it?

What's not disastrous about it: a potential child is lost; mother's health/life in danger; parents forced to abort their child for health reasons.

Even if you're pro-choice doesn't mean you favor increasing these scenarios.
You agree?

glassjester

What's not disastrous about it: a potential child is lost; mother's health/life in danger; parents forced to abort their child for health reasons.

Even if you're pro-choice doesn't mean you favor increasing these scenarios.
You agree?

Um... forced to abort their child?