Pharmaceutical Exec: Hillary Clinton has Parkinson's Disease

fool

Hall of Fame
The right-wing media has spent much of the last thirty years teaching that lesson to its followers, and Trump is the natural result of that process.
I gotta say Rex that I don't agree with that at all. Trump is a huge backfire into he face of the Repubs. He's the opposite of what they wanted. Jeb! showed up with 130 million dollars to buy his Brother and Dads old job, you were supposed to chose between Bush and Clinton, two pedigreed polished packaged political products. Trump was not supposed to happen, not supposed to be allowed to happen. Sanders wasn't supposed to happen either and he came close to happening but the Dems made sure he didn't happen in a way the GOP wasn't able to with Trump.

I'll say if anyone thinks the GOP wanted Trump they're blind and deaf. But the GOP voters aren't who the GOP thought they were.

fool

Hall of Fame
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Donald Trump is a liberal, if the media (including Fox News, which is pro republican, not pro conservative) were reporting the truth, instead of showing his circus freak show act they should have been showing the American public the liberal ideology that he's embraced for decades. Believe me, if the truth had been shown, Donald Trump would not be the Republican candidate for President.
I can't agree with that, he was nominated because of his positions not in spite of them. The GOP isn't who you thought they were. This has been a revolt, and we won.

fool

Hall of Fame
Roosevelt had polio, and it wasn't something universally known. As in, they didn't talk about it or make it obvious during public speeches or taking photographs.
It was seen as a sign of weakness- the President being physically handicapped.

He could only stand up with leg braces and someone to hang onto. They could control the image easier back then, no smartphones.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh yeah, I think everyone should. He's the first opportunity to do something completely different in a very long time. I don't want to waste that opportunity.

Oh. Well, I won't be doing that particular something completely different, I'll be doing a different something completely different.

rexlunae

I gotta say Rex that I don't agree with that at all. Trump is a huge backfire into he face of the Repubs. He's the opposite of what they wanted.

Oh, it's absolutely true that it backfired. Literally, if you think about the meaning of backfire: the case where a deadly weapon you intend to use against another fails and ends up hurting you. Republicans never really though about the consequences of the fires they were lighting.

Jeb! showed up with 130 million dollars to buy his Brother and Dads old job, you were supposed to chose between Bush and Clinton, two pedigreed polished packaged political products.

JEB! was one of the weakest candidates of all time. And he never really was a front-runner in actual polls, or votes. Donors liked him. But he literally couldn't get his own mother to say nice things about him, a problem he shared with Ted Cruz, the last contender to fall to Trump.

Trump was not supposed to happen, not supposed to be allowed to happen. Sanders wasn't supposed to happen either and he came close to happening but the Dems made sure he didn't happen in a way the GOP wasn't able to with Trump.

Sure. That doesn't mean it should happen though.

I'll say if anyone thinks the GOP wanted Trump they're blind and deaf. But the GOP voters aren't who the GOP thought they were.

I didn't say they did. I said that the forms of activism they've practiced in the past three decades, making truth irrelevant and seemingly subjective is what allowed Trump to win. Backfire is exactly the right term for it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Donald Trump is a liberal, if the media (including Fox News, which is pro republican, not pro conservative) were reporting the truth, instead of showing his circus freak show act they should have been showing the American public the liberal ideology that he's embraced for decades. Believe me, if the truth had been shown, Donald Trump would not be the Republican candidate for President.

I can't agree with that, he was nominated because of his positions not in spite of them. The GOP isn't who you thought they were. This has been a revolt, and we won.

You're a hardcore liberal fool who just admitted that he's voting for a republican for President (the prosecution would rest it's case on that alone, but there's more proof to be shown).

Democrats and Libertarians (i.e. independents) crossed party lines to get Trump nominated. Some liked what they heard, others knew he is a joke and look forward to a good ole fashioned republican party trouncing come November.

Hopefully Ted Cruz and company will be successful when the 2020 Presidential election comes around and it will be required that you be a registered republican in order to vote in the respective state republican primaries.

'Never (Again) Trump' sets sights on 2020

Grass-roots conservatives and party leadership are finding a common cause: Limiting Republican primaries to registered Republican voters.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/republican-primary-rules-donald-trump-223136#ixzz4H5MbzuDg
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook