Perhaps I'll say Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyInGreen

Hi everyone, I'm LadyInGreen. I am a student in biomedical engineering/pre med. I hope to be a research doctor. I am very interested in environmental issues. I am vegetarian and childfree. I am also a health nut. I registered because I am atheist and like chitchatting about religion.

elohiym

...I am vegetarian...

It's an identity issue for you.

...and childfree.

:think:

The phrase "childfree" makes it sound like you are happy to have not caught a disease.

...I am also a health nut.

We shall see about the "nut" part.

I registered because I am atheist and like chitchatting about religion.

Is that a less confrontational way of saying you like to mock theists?

Welcome!

pozzolane

BANNED
Banned
Hi everyone, I'm LadyInGreen. I am a student in biomedical engineering/pre med.

Ah, a fellow engineering comrade. I have a question for you to determine whether or not you are a "true" engineer!

Is the glass half full or half empty?

;)

I hope to be a research doctor.

Oh drat, another good mind wasted to academia. Kidding of course! :D (I'm currently working on my M.Sc.)

I am very interested in environmental issues.

This would be parallel to my professional pursuit. Maybe we will have something to discuss.

I am vegetarian and childfree.

I'm a dog owning meat lover. (a vegetable-free childetarian) :shocked:

I am also a health nut.

Then I suppose all those carbs make a beer out of the question. I'll drink to your health!

:cheers:

Me too. Glad you made it. :thumb:

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone, I'm LadyInGreen. I am a student in biomedical engineering/pre med. I hope to be a research doctor. I am very interested in environmental issues. I am vegetarian and childfree. I am also a health nut. I registered because I am atheist and like chitchatting about religion.

Welcome to the forum, Lady in Green ...:)

nicholsmom

Hiya, Lady :wave:

I'm curious about your term, "childfree" - why did you choose that instead of the more standard "childless?"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Does the name, "Joe" mean anything to you?

Welcome to TOL. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone, I'm LadyInGreen.
:wave2:
I am a student in biomedical engineering/pre med.
Nobody's perfect.
I hope to be a research doctor.
That's sick (in a good way).
I am very interested in environmental issues.
I am vegetarian and childfree.
Oh no you don't, I'm not falling for that obvious :banned: response ploy!
I am also a health nut.
So you'll likely be around a while.
So you like nothing much then, to your way of seeing it...:plain:

Did I say welcome yet? :D

JGL53

Hi everyone, I'm LadyInGreen. I am a student in biomedical engineering/pre med. I hope to be a research doctor.

It sounds like you are - and will continue to be - a credit to the species. I myself am a retired pharmacist, i.e., I’ve done all the damage I can do and have left the health arena to the care of others.

I am very interested in environmental issues..

I also. I'll probably buy one of those $2,000 dollar Indian cars when they become available. And I quit using my central heat/air about a year ago, switching to space heaters and a window air conditioner, and I’ve saved about $500 after the initial investment in only a year! In addition, if my actions are also helping to save the planet or free the U.S. from dependence on foreign oil, then that’s just gravy.

I am vegetarian and childfree..

I'll eat most anything. All of my children are hairy and four-legged. It's not a genetic defect -they are all adopted dogs - mainly Aussie - from the animal rescue league. They like it when I eat meat, because I share.

I am also a health nut..

I also. A REAL health nut. E.g., I think bacon, eggs and cheese are all health foods - and I have them every morning for breakfast. And I take a lot of supplements. Just in case.

I also. However the self-labeled "right wing fanatic christians" who make up the majority here are quite a "jungle", as a previous poster indicated. But if you brought a sharp machete - I mean mind - you'll be more than all right.

bybee

Save us!!!

Save us!!!

It sounds like you are - and will continue to be - a credit to the species. I myself am a retired pharmacist, i.e., I’ve done all the damage I can do and have left the health arena to the care of others.

I also. I'll probably buy one of those $2,000 dollar Indian cars when they become available. And I quit using my central heat/air about a year ago, switching to space heaters and a window air conditioner, and I’ve saved about $500 after the initial investment in only a year! In addition, if my actions are also helping to save the planet or free the U.S. from dependence on foreign oil, then that’s just gravy.

I'll eat most anything. All of my children are hairy and four-legged. It's not a genetic defect -they are all adopted dogs - mainly Aussie - from the animal rescue league. They like it when I eat meat, because I share.

I also. A REAL health nut. E.g., I think bacon, eggs and cheese are all health foods - have they every morning for breakfast.

I also. However the self-labeled "right wing fanatic christians" who make up the majority here are quite a "jungle", as a previous poster indicated. But if you brought a sharp machete, you'll be all right.

May God save us from the Vegans! Listen to the tomatoes scream as we pluck them from the vine's! bybee

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi LadyInGreen,

You make it sound like having a child is a disease? (childfree)

Why are you a vegetarian? Is it a medical reason? Please don’t tell me you are one of those who think it is not human to eat animals!

I think you just might be a liberal, could I be right?

Welcome, I sure you will meet like minded people here

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I also. A REAL health nut.
A pharmacist? You must have had a lobotomy then; you have one thing right, you’re a nut!
:chew:

Last edited:

LadyInGreen

I don't like to mock theists, I do however mock stupid outlandish things that SOME theists say.

I do think that the thought of being childed is a burden. At least I know that now, instead of having children and finding it out later.

I have had a lifelong distaste for meat. I have spat it out and refused to eat it since I was 6 months old. I do not support PETA, and will likely be involved in animal testing at some point in my life. I do like animals as pets though.

I identify as libertarian.

Does that clear things up?

BTW pozzolane, the glass is twice the size it needs to be. It is an inefficient use of resources.

Spitfire

I have had a lifelong distaste for meat. I have spat it out and refused to eat it since I was 6 months old. I do not support PETA, and will likely be involved in animal testing at some point in my life. I do like animals as pets though.
I think that's what it is more than anything else with most vegetarians. They just don't even like meat to begin with. And then it becomes an opportunity to seize (what they consider to be) the moral high ground and milk it for all they can.

LadyInGreen

I think that's what it is more than anything else with most vegetarians. They just don't even like meat to begin with. And then it becomes an opportunity to seize (what they consider to be) the moral high ground and milk it for all they can.

I never said I'm more moral than you. It's just a part of who I am. It's not sustainable for each human being to be vegetarian, either. I appreciate dietary diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.