Perfect Answer to Ocasio-Cortez

WizardofOz

My friends, I love this in a way because I’ve been theorizing lately about how telling people that we can’t afford it, not a reason to do something, doesn’t work anymore with these people because it doesn’t matter. We don’t have the money to do anything. We’ve got deficits, $21 trillion national debt. It’s not stopping anybody from spending more, proposing to spend any more. Now they’re coming out and just being honest. It doesn’t matter whether we have the money or not. And if we don’t, just print it[/COLOR]........."

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/02/07/democrats-go-nuts-and-i-love-it/

He should start with telling this to Trump. If you think the GOP cares about deficits, you're a complete fool.
:mock: Republicans complaining about deficits

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I hear your objection to historical facts.
Due to the abysmal lack of historical knowledge by too many citizens, I have to say I cannot blame you.

I would only advise you to read and study more.

My facts stand. I don’t think a mocking, immature reply holds much water when it comes to real-world examples of nonviolence in the world.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It’s a pretty blood-chilling photograph, and it stands as an example of violence by the Nazi regime.

I sometimes endeavor to study this man’s face and imagine what his death meant to those who knew him and the family members who loved him.

I have found it difficult to do.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"life is suffering.”

The basis of Buddhism is a doctrine known as the Four Noble Truths.

The First Truth is that suffering, pain, and misery exist in life.

The Second Truth is that this suffering is caused by selfish craving and personal desire.
The Third Truth is that this selfish craving can be overcome.
The Fourth Truth is that the way to overcome suffering is through the adherence to foundational Buddhist teachings.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I sometimes endeavor to study this man’s face and imagine what his death meant to those who knew him and the family members who loved him.

I have found it difficult to do.

no empathy for the german soldier holding the pistol?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
no empathy for the german soldier holding the pistol?

I don’t usually go there, but you make a necessary ethical point.

“The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
--Matthew 5:45

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
it's easy to see in him the pure evil that he does and to mistake his actions with his humanity

probably he has a mother, father, siblings, perhaps wife and children

and he lived in a culture where his actions were seen as not only justifiable but necessary

i look at that picture and i see two deaths - the death of the (presumably innocent) jew and the death of the soldier's soul

genuineoriginal

The basis of Buddhism is a doctrine known as the Four Noble Truths.

The First Truth is that suffering, pain, and misery exist in life.

The Second Truth is that this suffering is caused by selfish craving and personal desire.
The Third Truth is that this selfish craving can be overcome.
The Fourth Truth is that the way to overcome suffering is through the adherence to foundational Buddhist teachings.

Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State.
It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.
The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations, when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.
These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth; (4)The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.
Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat, times and seasons.
Earth comprises distances, great and small; danger and security; open ground and narrow passes; the chances of life and death.
The Commander stands for the virtues of wisdom, sincerely, benevolence, courage and strictness.
By method and discipline are to be understood the marshaling of the army in its proper subdivisions, the graduations of rank among the officers, the maintenance of roads by which supplies may reach the army, and the control of military expenditure.
These five heads should be familiar to every general: he who knows them will be victorious; he who knows them not will fail.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Sun Tzu has long been considered to be one of history's finest military tacticians and analysts, his teachings and strategies formed the basis of advanced military training for centuries to come. He believed that violence is redemptive.

Jesus was different.

“My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders.”
--John 18:36

The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the Bible are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
it's easy to see in him the pure evil that he does and to mistake his actions with his humanity

probably he has a mother, father, siblings, perhaps wife and children

and he lived in a culture where his actions were seen as not only justifiable but necessary

i look at that picture and i see two deaths - the death of the (presumably innocent) jew and the death of the soldier's soul

The line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

It would be indeed awesome if we could get all the good people over here and make all those evil ones go over there. Then all we would have to do is utterly destroy those evil people and the world would finally have peace.

But like I said, people have the choice to be unkind or supportive, good or bad.

Do we really want to destroy a piece of our own heart?

genuineoriginal

Sun Tzu has long been considered to be one of history's finest military tacticians and analysts, his teachings and strategies formed the basis of advanced military training for centuries to come. He believed that violence is redemptive.

Jesus was different.

“My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders.”
--John 18:36

Exodus 15:3
3 The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.​

Matthew 10:34
34 [JESUS]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.[/JESUS]​

John 10:10a
10a [JESUS]The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:[/JESUS]

Revelation 16:15a
15a [JESUS]Behold, I come as a thief.[/JESUS]​

Revelation 19:21
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.​

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Exodus 15:3
3 The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.​

Matthew 10:34
34 [JESUS]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.[/JESUS]​

John 10:10a
10a [JESUS]The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:[/JESUS]

Revelation 16:15a
15a [JESUS]Behold, I come as a thief.[/JESUS]​

Revelation 19:21
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.​

“Love your enemies.”

Jesus either said it or he didn’t.
You can’t have it both ways.

When the early Jesus people were forced to be a part of the Holy Roman Empire, Christianity became violent.

What Jesus actually taught and what other people said he taught are two different things.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was redefined after the Emperor Constantine forced Christianity to get in bed with the Roman Empire.

Jesus was nonviolent, anti-tribal, compassionate, full of grace and mercy.
His authentic “voice print” speaks for himself.

Those believers full of revenge, hatred, mockery, indecency, disrespect and vitriol have fashioned a Jesus who is also full of revenge, hatred, etc.

Today’s Jesus has been called “anti-welfare,” “homophobic,” “bigoted” or even “pro-gun.” And those who claim so can “prove” this evidence by offering snippets from the Bible.

Jesus revealed the passion and the character of God. This means he did not exhibit the petty, all-too-human characteristics of the average human being.

Jesus was the definitive disclosure of God in a human being.
He was not a hypocrite.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was redefined after the Emperor Constantine forced Christianity to get in bed with the Roman Empire.

Jesus was nonviolent, anti-tribal, compassionate, full of grace and mercy.
His authentic “voice print” speaks for himself.

Those believers full of revenge, hatred, mockery, indecency, disrespect and vitriol have fashioned a Jesus who is also full of revenge, hatred, etc.

Today’s Jesus has been called “anti-welfare,” “homophobic,” “bigoted” or even “pro-gun.” And those who claim so can “prove” this evidence by offering snippets from the Bible.

Jesus revealed the passion and the character of God. This means he did not exhibit the petty, all-too-human characteristics of the average human being.

Jesus was the definitive disclosure of God in a human being.
He was not a hypocrite.
While early Christianity survived centuries of Roman persecution. it became "the victim of its own success" - stating with Constantine!

In the 4thC, organized Christianity began to "morph" into what has been described as the "Imperial Church" - an historical "reversal" whereby it adopted all the pomp an circumstance of its secular counterparts which has no Biblical justification!

After 1700 years, Christianity is still "mired" in this stage, unwilling to renounce its affiliations with secular powers and embrace its true nature!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
E. W. Kenyon, Oral Roberts, A. A. Allen, Robert Tilton, T. L. Osborn, Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Jesse Duplantis, Kenneth Copeland, Reverend Ike, the Bakers and Kenneth Hagin all introduced their unique American versions of "prosperity theology" in the late 20th and 21stC, sometimes referring to as the prosperity gospel, "the health and wealth gospel," the gospel of "success" and "seed faith."

They all promoted the misguided belief that Christians can all experience all the blessings of "The American Dream," financial security and physical health, as God's reward for maintaining a strong faith, spreading the "Word", and contributing to the religious causes of their favourite "televangelist!"

In true "Trunpian" fashion, they have framed Christianity as maintaining a "contractual" relationship with God - material security and prosperity in return for unquestioning faith - sickness, poverty and natural disasters can all be attributed to a "broken faith," reinforcing the consequences for "believers" who fail to keep their end of the "bargain!"