Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

Ardima

the perverts and God-haters agree with you

I do not feel that is to much for a Christian to handle this type of situation exactly the same way God has handled the situation of sin. If perverts and God-haters agree with me then they are ahead of most Christians in this age.

genuineoriginal

I do not feel that is to much for a Christian to handle this type of situation exactly the same way God has handled the situation of sin.
God commanded that sinners were put to death by the community they offended by public stoning on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Is that what you are suggesting?

If perverts and God-haters agree with me then they are ahead of most Christians in this age.
Are you claiming that you are on the same path as the perverts and God-haters? Matthew 7:13-14

Ardima

God commanded that sinners were put to death by the community they offended by public stoning on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Is that what you are suggesting?

You warp scripture by running to the old testament law that is used to expose the sin that shows us unworthy to come to God. God dealt with sin once and for all through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you miss that you miss the whole theme of scripture.

Are you claiming that you are on the same path as the perverts and God-haters? Matthew 7:13-14

You seem to miss the if at the beginning of that statement. More than likely you just want to stir up drama at the expense of the Gospel.

Ardima

:think:

i suspect not

i also suspect ardi's not all that familiar with jots and tittles

I suspect you do not fully comprehend the Gopel of Jesus Christ and it being the theme of the focus of God's love toward others through our testamony. How we treat others shows them what we truly think of God. The sad thing is unbelievers understand how Christians are supposed to act better than most Christians.

genuineoriginal

You warp scripture by running to the old testament law that is used to expose the sin that shows us unworthy to come to God. God dealt with sin once and for all through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you miss that you miss the whole theme of scripture.
You must not have read Romans 1-2.
You seem to miss the if at the beginning of that statement. More than likely you just want to stir up drama at the expense of the Gospel.
You are the one that thinks that perverts and God-haters are more likely to agree with you than Christians.

Go figure out what that kind of attitude means to Christians.
The sad thing is unbelievers understand how Christians are supposed to act better than most Christians.
No, they do not.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I suspect you do not fully comprehend the Gopel of Jesus Christ and it being the theme of the focus of God's love toward others through our testamony. How we treat others shows them what we truly think of God. The sad thing is unbelievers understand how Christians are supposed to act better than most Christians.

a scenario:

a pedophile rapes and murders a child, leaving the child's family torn and crushed

do we show God's love to the family of the murdered child by:

a. treating the murderer with "love and compassion", comforting him in his distress at no longer having a child to rape and murder and allowing to go and rape and murder another child

or

b. arresting the murderer, trying him in a court of law, finding him guilty and swiftly executing him

resodko

BANNED
Banned
But we are not talking about then are we?

then what were you asking?

were you asking "Who would Jesus Execute in 0AD?"

Nativi12.jpg

resodko

BANNED
Banned
or were you referring to the jesus who said "go ahead - kill your children, accept your homosexuals, practice adultery all you like"?

Ardima

a scenario:

a pedophile rapes and murders a child, leaving the child's family torn and crushed

do we show God's love to the family of the murdered child by:

a. treating the murderer with "love and compassion", comforting him in his distress at no longer having a child to rape and murder and allowing to go and rape and murder another child

or

b. arresting the murderer, trying him in a court of law, finding him guilty and swiftly executing him

First, I apologize for the delayed response.

Besides this scenario being a straw man, I propose several false dilemmas therein.

First, if a pedophile rapes and murders a child there would not be a need to comfort him in his distress because he would not be in distress. If murder is part of his MO to begin with, there would be no distress from loosing the child.

Second, as Christians we are not to go against the laws that are governing this world as long as they are not causing you to sin (causing you to sin being the key here). There are laws governing the consequences of such rape/murders. You do not show anyone love if you would go against the law and let such an one go. Faith and love bring obedience not godlessness.

Third, you are separating the Love of God from His Justice. Everything of God flows from His Love. You cannot separate the two. Forgiveness can be given while the consequences of an action are still met. A good example of this is death. Even regenerate believers will eventually die because of sin.

Fourth, to think you have to deal with the pedophile at all to show the Love of God to the victim's family is a false dilemma. We show them the Love of God by comforting them in their loss, praying for them, and edifying them with the Grace of God.

And last, in this scenario, the victim's family is not the only ones to whom we should show the Love of God. The pedophile needs to know the Love of God as well; and, as in any situation like this, it is only the love of God that can truly give any closure to anyone.

Last edited:

Ardima

You must not have read Romans 1-2.

Actually, I have read them many times. Going to these two chapters in Romans to defend your stance shows how little you understand those chapters.

You are the one that thinks that perverts and God-haters are more likely to agree with you than Christians.

Go figure out what that kind of attitude means to Christians.

Why do you assume that type of thinking comes from an attitude? I have observed on many occasions how unbelievers can, will, and have corrected believers on their actions and speech. Ever hear of the phrase, "but I thought you were a Christian!"? Even they know that many things we say and do are contrary to how we are supposed to act and speak.

No, they do not.

(refer above)

oatmeal

Pediatrician Refuses Care for Baby of Lesbians

So is this different than the whole "wedding" cake issue for same-sex couples? My take is that it is different - a pediatrician cares for a child who finds itself in the situation it's in through no choice of its own. This is about caring for the child, not the guardians of the child. Early Christians would do something similar when they would go to the cliffs where the Romans would leave babies they didn't want - and take them in themselves. They weren't validating the choice to abandon a baby, but doing what they could for it.

When the bible says that the rain falls on the just and the unjust, it means God provides for everyone to some degree. This wouldn't be justifying a homosexual couple nearly the same way providing a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony would.

But that's just my take. Even this doctor apologized to the couple and said that she felt she couldn't have any meaningful relationship with them because of their differences. Is that a valid reason not to treat a child?

I don't see this as an issue of choice. I believe the doctor should have the right to do what she did. But was she right in doing so?

Are there other factors I'm not taking into consideration?

The doctor is in error.

The child is not guilty of what the lesbians are doing.

The lesbians cannot be good parents, they are reprobate. Romans 1:17-32

The influence of the lesbians on the child is not good, but the child must learn that he must make up his own mind.